TECWARE PHANTOM RGB 88 UK Layout (QWERTY) Mechanical Keyboard, RGB led, Outemu BROWN Switch, Spare Switches Included

Phantom

• Function meets Vibrance and it’s built like a tank (Steel body / non Flex)
  • Non Fade Double-shot Key Caps for long life and bright lighting effects
  • Full Software suite: 18 lighting modes, with custom Per-key light settings to give you an edge in Games!
  • Macro Recording, Macro Assignment and Custom user Profiles
  • Modular Mechanical switches rated at 50 million clicks (Spares included)

Keybaord

Weight: 940 g
Dimensions: 36.1 x 13.3 x 4.1 cm; 940 Grams
Brand: TECWARE
Model: TWKB-P88ZO-BRUK
Colour: UK 88 BROWN QWERTY
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: TECWARE
Colour: UK 88 BROWN QWERTY

Singapore

Cheap and good, compared with what is available in the market. I’ve used a variety of keyboards ranging from the cheapes to the the Razor and Logitech mechanicals, but the ’87 beats the lot. I’m using the one with the Red switches, the sound is quiet, the touch is execellent (reminds me of the old IBM’s) and the spacing exact. Best of all the price is very reasonable!
    BTW I don’t care much about the RGB lighting, though it looks nice.
    One downside – it doesn’t work with the ATen KVM Switch (can’t change modes) and need to plug it into the USB mouse port instead of the keyboard po

Great keyboard the feedback of the keys are great nice rgb lights and the text are clear to read.

3. Carrie Mihalcik says:

5. LowellDehaven says:

I have been working from home a lot recently. I work in IT and bought this to use with a company laptop. I like mechanical keyboards. This has great brown switches and I really like using this keyboard. I can type for long periods time and it has a lovely click. Would recommend.

The reason I have rated at 4 stars is because it has decent rgb not the brightest but has lots of different modes. It is hot swappable which is very handy for changing switches. The switches are ok I got brown but I changed them to a different brands but I could have stuck with browns without a problem. The main problem is finding different key caps for the English layout where the shift button is smaller but that’s only a problem for when your customising it if you wish to do so.
    I do recommend this keyboard for most people but if you don’t have that much money go for a cheaper one it doesn’t make you a pro or anything its just satisfying.

7. Tania González says:

Australia

+ Great keyboard for the price, good sound profile due to inside dampening foams (yes, plural) so keystrokes don’t sound hollow ang pinging.
    + Switches are tactile and not scratchy (I got the Brown version).
    + Good RGB effects, most functions can be controlled on board without software.

– I wish keycaps were PBT but that might be asking too much for the price. The keycaps are ABS double-shot and are thick enough, better than most cheap keycaps out there.

Australia

Excellent build quality. Awesome stabilisers from factory. Foam within the case from factory to suppress pinging and rattling. Great brown switches. Software is simple and easy to navigate. Extra switches and keycap puller built into the bottom of the keyboard. This is the greatest tkl you can get for $70.

Canada

Very nice keyboard. Solid, great key feeling, the illumination is so cool. The only thing i notice is the keycaps could be better but we can swap it for another set.

10. Michileen Martin says:

This is one of the best mechanical keyboards under 60. The tkl form factor is amazing because of the separate arrow and media keys. When typing, there is no hollow sound because the board comes with foam in the bottom of the case and between the plate and pcb. But if you get the red switches, they do have a pingy sound when typing that is very noticeable. But this keyboard is hotswapable. But only with outemu switches (as tecware says). But if you want to put different switches, then I recommend Akko cs switches. They are very cheap and sound and feel better then outemu and gateron switches (they’re only 14 for a pack of 45). apart from that, theis keyboard is amazing. must buy.

11. RefugioX71 says:

Got the blue switches and they sound SO CRISP!!!!
    If anyone is on the edge of getting one – GET ONE!!!!!
    Came with extra switches and plastic over the top which i use for covering when not using!
    NAILS FRIENDLY for the girls who want to game with longer nails!
    VERY HigH QUAL, heavy too which i prefer, 10/10!!!!

13. JesseVUTvdpx says:

Got the blue switches and they sound SO CRISP!!!!
    If anyone is on the edge of getting one – GET ONE!!!!!
    NAILS FRIENDLY for the girls who want to game with longer nails!
    VERY HigH QUAL, heavy too which i prefer, 10/10!!!!

14. BrittnyFrantz says:

Got the blue switches and they sound SO CRISP!!!!
    If anyone is on the edge of getting one – GET ONE!!!!!
    NAILS FRIENDLY for the girls who want to game with longer nails!
    VERY HigH QUAL, heavy too which i prefer, 10/10!!!!

15. JoniR07poytk says:

Australia

This is a great product except for when I got it the right arrow key wasn’t working, so I opened it up and it wasnt soldered properly so I fixed it and now it works great and my friend who bought this didn’t have the same problem.

It’s a good keyboard and feels really good to type and game with 🙂

It’s a good keyboard and feels really good to type and game with 🙂

18. fredrik says:

It’s a good keyboard and feels really good to type and game with 🙂

It’s a good keyboard and feels really good to type and game with 🙂

It’s a good keyboard and feels really good to type and game with 🙂

some part of character is missing light on, overall this keyboard is very good

22. SylvestDasilva says:

some part of character is missing light on, overall this keyboard is very good

some part of character is missing light on, overall this keyboard is very good

Germany

I have been using this keyboard daily for over 2 years now. After recent cleaning, it looks almost like brand new. Most importantly, there is no wear or discoloration on the key caps at all.

The included spanner for removing key caps fits snugly in the back of the keyboard so you never loose it. And it makes removing those key caps very easy (useful when doing a thorough cleaning).

I have the model with brown switches. They are not super clicky and there is a bit of “mushiness” to them, but they offer reasonable resistance so that pressing does not require a lot of force but it’s also not possible to make an accidental press. The sound it makes comes mostly from the key caps hitting the top of the switch, there is no ‘click’ sound per se. If you press the key slowly, there will be little noise. So the keyboard is not super noisy unless you type vigorously 🙂

Aesthetically, the key labels and pictograms are not the best looking.

In summary, I enjoy using this keyboard and I like the solid build quality. This is a product that should last you many years.

I wasn’t expecting much with this keyboard, although at the price I paid it wasn’t mega cheap, it was less than half the cost of my Corsair K70. I use both between two different machines and this one feels better to me to type on.

Can’t really fault it on anything for the price. The cable is nice that comes with it, the keys have a nice feel. It has a reasonable weight and doesn’t feel cheap. In all a really nice keyboard that looks good too with the RGB Lighting.

Not sure if the RGB can be controlled by software but you can control some of the effects using the keyboard itself. I tend not to bother with that as just happy with it changing colour and doing it’s RGB thing.

So if you don’t want to break the bank then this keyboard is worth a look.

26. Jacob Silver says:

So if you don’t want to break the bank then this keyboard is worth a look.

27. PC Gamer AU says:

United States

A very good TKL keyboard with hotswap switches for under $50!
    Sure it’s not top of the line, but its quite good for the price. The unit I use came with tactile browns. But I installed in Akko Ocean blue switches for the alphabet keys and Kailh Box Navy (click) for Caps Lock.

*Important* Kailh switches are slightly too big and will bend/break the pins on those switches if you attempt to install them!

It’s pretty much a GMMK1 keyboard with a slightly bigger body and with cheaper ABS keycaps that are double shot and generally okay. There is some hot spots with white for the RGB backlight but that’s because of the keycaps. The ABS keycaps actually feel good as they have some texture vs the smooth you’ll find on typical cheaply made keyboards or mainstream brands – but the keycap fonts are cheaply made with connected double-shot parts. The LED colors are rich, they are bright but not the brightest.

The weight and feel of the keyboard is nice.
    It uses a slight variant of the GMMK1 PCB, even uses the same keyboard drivers… even the software functions somewhat between the two! They both power up the same with the lighting effects.
    The only negative is that there is a bit of a slight “pinging” sound from the case when typing, which adding some foam between the bottom and the PCB should take care of. It’s not a deal breaker for me.
    The angle of this keyboard is perfect and common for keyboards, it’s where it needs to be without popping out the feet. (Exact same feet on the GMMK1) The angle of the keyboard is exactly why I choose the Techware Phantom over the GMMK1, even thou the GMMK1 doesn’t have the pinging issue.

Oddly, the GMMK1 doesn’t have padding between the plate and the PCB while the Tecware Phantom does. These effects sound a bit, better for the Tecware Phantom. GMMK software will get fewer complaints from Windows about the software certification.

The software (Glorious or Techware) is worse to use than RK’s. I would like to see something more like EVGA developed. It comes with 18 color presets with minimal options per preset. Most of the color effects look nice. There is a custom option that allows PER KEY color assignments. While the sub-menu includes 10 choices, you’re only allowed one per profile. Once you customize it, it doesn’t matter what you set it too. This, each of the three profiles allows you a color set and macros. There should be at least 5 keyboard profiles to handle most people’s needs. FIX THIS.

The keycaps are easy to replace with PBT versions. If you compare the pricing, a GMMK1 barebones is about $55 ($100? when not on sale). About $72 with keys. (Both brands with cheap font designs that look oddly ugly). Vs the techware for $45… with switches and keycaps installed. The switches in the Techware are fine and of course, are hot-swappable. Four extra Outemu switches are included with the generic switch puller.

The bottom of the keyboard is nice and solid. The angle is nicer than the GMMK1, in my opinion at least as well as its common for many other keyboards.

Important notes:
    1 – The software from Techware gets typical complaints from Windows 10+ as being legit. I wish all manufacturers will fix this. Glorious GMMK1 software is compatible with this keyboard without complaints from Windows. The software is the WORST thing about this product.

2 – My experiences with switches are from Kailh, Outemu, AKKO and Royal Kluge. Kailh is one of the top 4~5 makers of switches without about 50 different types, these DON NOT fit well into the Techware. Ths pin holes are a bit small and will BEND the pins on your switches! (Guess how I know?) The only socket the Kailh fit in okay was for the Caps Locks. (I like Kailh for the option, but AKKO for not being scratchy)

3 – Techware sells an optional Magnetic Shroud Keyboard Cover for about $13. This will cover the floating keys. It’s a bit on the big side and not as nice looking are Royal Kludge’s covers which are included. Both brands of TKL keyboards end up costing $57~59 if you don’t want floating keys. RK87’s LEDs are slightly less bright than Techware’s Phantom LEDs.

4 – The included brown switches are fine. Overall keyboard sounds good with them. But Akko switches are too noisy for spacebar. Stick with the included browns for such keys.

A very good $45 keyboard, good features for the money. Better value than some major brands.

28. HeathREYpgsx says:

United States

A very good TKL keyboard with hotswap switches for under $50!

The weight and feel of the keyboard is nice.

Important notes:

29. LanoraTreadway says:

United States

A very good TKL keyboard with hotswap switches for under $50!

The weight and feel of the keyboard is nice.

Important notes:

Germany

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersFr den Preis eine echt gute Tastatur. Ich vergleiche mit der CIY X77 (53 EUR) und der Glorious GMMK TKL (Barebone).

Die Tecware ist die preiswerteste, das relativiert sich aber, wenn man den Rahmen (Tecware Phantom Shroud) mit bestellt, dann kommt man auf 59 EUR. Den Rahmen gibt es in wei und schwarz, die Tasten stehen dann nicht so raus und man kann mit den Farben experimentieren.

Bei der CIY ist schon ein Rahmen dabei. Entweder schwarze Tastatur und graue Abdeckung oder weie Tastatur und weie Abdeckung.

Die Glorious ist deutlich teurer, da bekommt man fr 70-80 EUR nur den Barebone und muss noch Schalter und Kappen extra bestellen. Dabei scheinen die Glorious und die Tecware sich recht hnlich zu sein. Die Software ist – bis auf Anpassung an die jeweilige Marke – identisch und die Zusatzfunktionen liegen auch auf den gleichen Tasten, die Basisplatine scheint also identisch zu sein. Und bei mir hat bei der Glorious nach 6 Wochen die Beleuchtung den Geist aufgegeben…

Gehuse:
    ———–
    Das Gehuse ist bei der Glorious komplett aus Metall, hier haben CIY und Tecware nur die Oberseite aus Metall, der Rest aus Kunststoff. Stabil sind aber alle. Das Gehuse der Tecware ist etwas grer. Schn sind die Abdeckungen bei CIY und Tecware, mit denen man Farbe und Erscheinungsbild (freistehende Tasten oder nicht) noch variieren kann.

Die Tecware hat leider nur ein fest verbautes Kabel, die anderen beiden haben USB-C-Buchsen. Bei Tecware ist eine Schaumstoffschicht unter- und oberhalb der Platine vorhanden, das htte ich in der Preisklasse echt nicht erwartet.

Glorious und Tecware liefern eine (wieder identische) Staubschutzabdeckung mit.

Software:
    ————
    Glorious und Tecware benutzen identische Software, die problemlos funktioniert.

Bei der CIY sieht das anders aus. Erst war die Webseite tagelang down. Dann ging sie irgendwann wieder und ich musste feststellen, dass die Software grobe Fehler enthlt. Manche Tasten werden nicht beleuchtet, wenn man eine benutzerdefinierte Beleuchtung verwenden will. # funktioniert gar nicht, andere (Win, Caps-Lock, Rollen) nicht bei allen Farben. Und von Monitoren mit hoher Auflsung haben die Programmierer auch noch nichts gehrt, die Software skaliert nicht. Die von Glorious/Tecware auch nicht, das bekommt man aber ber die Kompatibilitts-Einstellungen hin. Bei CIY wird es ber diesen Weg zwar auch grer, wird aber unbedienbar, da Mausklicks nicht mehr an der richtigen Stelle ankommen.

Beleuchtung:
    —————
    Bei der Glorious hngt es natrlich stark davon ab, welche Kappen man verbaut. Die Einstellmglichkeiten sind aber ausreichend. Mir ist wichtig, dass ich mir eine eigene Beleuchtung erstellen kann und das geht problemlos. Durch die 3 Profile kann man auch 3 Varianten erstellen und problemlos wechseln. Die Tecware hat hier durch die identische Software natrlich die gleichen Mglichkeiten. Die CIY versagt aufgrund der fehlerhaften Software (s.o.).

Tastenkappen:
    —————–
    Die CIY hat Doubleshot, aber nur ABS. Warum man dann aber die Zusatzbelegung nur aufdruckt… Die Zeichen mit Lcken sehen auch nicht gerade toll aus. Bei den schwarzen Kappen wird auch wenig Licht durchgelassen. Die Zwischenrume sind dann schon zu hell und die Beschriftung in Relation zu dunkel. Die weie Variante bzw. andere Kappen sind da deutlich heller.

Die Kappen der Tecware gefallen mir deutlich besser. Das Schriftbild ist besser und deutlich schrfer und die Zusatzbelegung ist nicht nur aufgedruckt. Dafr halt nur die einfache Variante, d.h. ABS-Kappen aus lichtdurchlssigem Kunststoff, die schwarz beschichtet werden und die Beschriftung wird dann wieder mit einem Laser entfernt.

Austauschen kann man die Kappen natrlich, ich habe z.B. die Corsair PBT Doubleshot da, die sind nicht schlecht und preiswert und lassen deutlich mehr Licht durch als die Kappen von CIY.

Schalter:
    ———–
    Bei allen Tastaturen kann man die Schalter austauschen. So kann man spter immer noch andere Schalter verbauen oder nutzt die Tastatur gleich als Barebone, immerhin sind CIY und Tecware preiswerter als die Glorious, bei der die Schalter auch teilweise schlecht wieder rausgingen. Also auch eher kein so groer Qualittsvorteil, den man aufgrund des Preises erwarten knnte.

Bei der Tecware sind Outemu Red verbaut, also eher preiswerte Schalter, die aber ok sind. Es sind auch 4 Ersatzschalter dabei falls mal einer kaputt geht. Ein Nachteil ist, dass nicht alle Schalter passen, da der Sockel rund ist (Outemu Socket) und die meisten Schalter zu breite Pins haben. Outemu passt natrlich, Akko passt aber auch und bietet eine groe Auswahl an relativ preiswerten Switches.

Bei der CIY wird nichts angegeben, irgendwo hatte ich mal was gelesen, das war ein ziemlich unbekannter Hersteller. Es gibt verschiedene Schalter (rot/blau/schwarz/braun). Ich hatte blau und rot da. Die blauen habe ich mit anderen clicky Schaltern verglichen, die ich als Muster da habe. Die Kailh White Box waren da mein Favorit, die klingen auch irgendwie nicht so nervig wie die blauen, die CIY mitliefert.

Fazit:
    ——-
    Glorious ist eigentlich zu teuer, zumal die hnlichkeit zu Tecware darauf hindeutet, das die vom gleichen Hersteller kommen.

CIY hat das Problem der unbrauchbaren Software und der eher schlechten Schalter und Kappen. Dafr ist sie etwas kompakter als die Tecware und das Kabel ist abnehmbar. Und es gibt eine komplett weie Variante. Wenn die die Software mal noch funktionsfhig hinbekommen ist es ein guter Barebone, in den auch alle Switches passen.

Die Tecware ist von den 3 Tastaturen mein Favorit. Preiswert, es funktioniert alles und die Schalter und Kappen, die man mitbekommt, sind ok. Da muss man erst mal nichts tauschen. Ich habe noch den weien Rahmen da, das gefllt mir mit den schwarzen Tasten ganz gut. Die zwei Nachteile sind das feste Kabel und die Hot-Swap-Sockel, die nicht fr alle Schalter geeignet sind.

31. ThurmanBrownell says:

Germany

Gehuse:
    ———–

Glorious und Tecware liefern eine (wieder identische) Staubschutzabdeckung mit.

Software:
    ————
    Glorious und Tecware benutzen identische Software, die problemlos funktioniert.

Beleuchtung:
    —————

Tastenkappen:
    —————–

Schalter:
    ———–

Fazit:
    ——-

Germany

Gehuse:
    ———–

Glorious und Tecware liefern eine (wieder identische) Staubschutzabdeckung mit.

Software:
    ————
    Glorious und Tecware benutzen identische Software, die problemlos funktioniert.

Beleuchtung:
    —————

Tastenkappen:
    —————–

Schalter:
    ———–

Fazit:
    ——-

33. DannyBrunton says:

Good keyboard for typing, im using it rn and its good

Good keyboard for typing, im using it rn and its good

Good keyboard for typing, im using it rn and its good

36.  United States

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI bought this keyboard in October 2019.

I thought I’d finally be able to get a new keyboard after I spilled an entire glass of water on this. The RGB started sputtering and it started sending random keypresses to my computer, rendering it unusable. I tried disassembling it and wiping it dry. No luck. I waited a day, then another. Still the random keypresses.

I started looking at other TKL keyboards with hotswappable switches, like the Keychron Q1, or ergo options like the ZSA Moonlander which I’d had my eye on for over a year. Keyboards that were easily 3-7x more expensive than this one. This $45 keyboard had seen me through college and even my first full time job. We had a good run, but it’s time– or so I thought.

Three days of drying it upside down later, I tried plugging it in again just as a final hail mary. Somehow, possibly out of jealousy, possibly to spite me, it had resurrected from its false watery death and was now working perfectly.

My plans to replace it with a newer, flashier model will have to wait until another day.

Some cons I’ve noticed over the years:
    – The spacebar stabilizer on this isn’t the greatest, so if you press it too close to the edge, sometimes it won’t type a space.
    – It comes a little clacky, so I ordered some O-Rings for this to make pressing down on keys a little softer/easier.

United States

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI bought this keyboard in October 2019.

Some cons I’ve noticed over the years:

United States

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI bought this keyboard in October 2019.

Some cons I’ve noticed over the years:

Italy

Tastiera comprata principalmente per il gaming e per scrittura, risulta come ho scritto nel titolo ottima ma non perfetta. Inizialmente ho avuto qualche problema nella battitura della lettera “A” la quale molte volte pur avendola schiacciata molteplici volte non risultava sul computer. Fortunatamente insieme alla tastiera vengono “regalati” alcuni switch in pi da mettere in caso di rottura o di difetto di altri.

La tastiera presenta molte colorazioni dinamiche (rgb e non) ed un software con il quale puoi modificare i colori a tuo piacimento ancora pi facilmente.

L’unica pecca resta quel piccolo difetto. Considerato qualit prezzo davvero consigliata!

Bonus a favore : come ho fatto notare nella foto, nella parte posteriore della tastiera c’ una piccola pinza (scusatemi il termine ma non so come si chiama) per togliere i keycaps per pulirla o per sostituire gli switch.

Quasi perfetta!

40. PGQErvinltw says:

Italy

Quasi perfetta!

41. MZYUseegou says:

Italy

Quasi perfetta!

Italy

astiera TECWARE PHANTOM RGB 88 UK con switch OUTEMU rossi, avevo usato in precedenza una tastiera con switch gateron rossi, gli outemu sono pi duri, leggermente pi rumorosi e si sente il tasto che sfrega, consiglio di usare un tappetino sotto la tastiera e di non rialzarla per renderla pi silenziosa.

Il software ti permette di RIMAPPARE i tasti uno ad uno, aggiungere delle scorciatoie (solo con FN), impostare macro, modificare l’USB report rate (da 250Hz a 1000Hz) e ovviamente modificare gli RGB di ogni singolo tasto.
    Nella confezione sono presenti switch di ricambio e l’accessorio per rimuoverli, (quello per i keycaps dietro la tastiera), il CAVO lo potete far uscire da 3 buchi e NON RIMOVIBILE.

Le mancanze che ho trovato nella tastiera sono: il layout US, che vendono solamente con gli switch blu, il layout UK ha lo shift troppo piccolo e tab,shift ecc sono rappresentati senza simboli; i keycaps sono lisci; il cavo non rimovibile.

TECWARE PHANTOM RGB 88 Layout UK con switch OUTEMU rossi