Kidde 5CO Ten Year Life LED Carbon Monoxide Detecto

Kidde 5CO - Banner Image5CO - Angled View5CO - Loud Alarm and Flashing Light5CO - Tamper Proof Design

Loud alarm and flashing light

The detector raise a very loud alarm (85dB) and flashes an LED light when dangerous carbon monoxide levels are detected to notify you of the dangerous gas.

Slim and stylish

The alarm measures 72x126x35mm (HxWxD) and only stands 35mm off the wall. It features an elegant and timeless design.

Tamper proof design

The alarm can only be installed with the two AA alkaline batteries in place. The batteries are supplied with the alarm.

5CO - Comparison Image10SCO - Comparison Image10LLCO - Comparison Image10LLDCO - Comparison Image
Replaceable Battery ✓ ✓

Manufacture: Kidde
Colour: White
Dimensions: 12.6 x 3.5 x 7.2 cm; 115 Grams
Reference: 5CO
Size: Alarm Dimensions 126 x 72 x 35mm

1. Michele Just a Lil Lost says:

The only minor problem was fitting the batteries with arthritic fingers, they required a hefty push

4. MaybellMichaels says:

I’ve had these installed 20 years ago. A house fire started across the road and the fire brigade dropped a leaflet through the door recommending to replace smoke alarms every few years. I bought the the same one as last time.

5. Abdullah Saad says:

Just take out of box put it were you want it to be,and it’s under the 10 years legislatio

Just installed today to replace older model of same alarm. Only one fault. One of the batteries keeps coming out of place in the middle. There are 3 altogether. However when in situ alarm appears to work correctly.

We were advised by our gas boiler engineer to get a Carbon Monoxide Alarm as the gas boiler was in the vicinity of our bedrooms .

It was so easy to fit , matched our decor and should last for 10 years.
    Good value for money .

8. WilfredMize says:

It was so easy to fit , matched our decor and should last for 10 years.
    Good value for money .

9. [email protected] Peter Larson says:

It was so easy to fit , matched our decor and should last for 10 years.
    Good value for money .

Easy to set up, with clear instructions, however unsure about 10 year life as advertised, clearly states 7 years . A simple basic device, but why pay more as long as it warns you that’s all you want . Satisfied.

11. Chris Pavey says:

Good price easy to test and set up. Wall mountable or free standing. Don’t know if the battery will last 10 years but who cares if it doesn’t its a small price to pay for something that could save your life.

12. MosesGXZwcnb says:

Have bought a few of these over the years and this one is the best so fa

Have bought a few of these over the years and this one is the best so fa

Have bought a few of these over the years and this one is the best so fa

15. FreddyODoherty says:

Really happy with the purchase – hard to review fully as unless it ever goes off how do you know it works???
    But easy to set up, easy to test, I was happy with the price, it arrived next day. It’s quite small, approx the size of an iPhone on its side and it’s white so I’ve popped it on a shelf without looking too unsightly – hopefully worth every penny

18. YolandaCadle says:

Does what it says on the box, I think cos I’ve not had a carbon monoxide leak

21. Madame Chewy says:

Product I had previously purchased and bought again because of value for money and totally reliable throughout its life. I would buy again.

Does what it say I hope no issues .

Don’t cut corners with cheap versions and take pictures when in place has tenant tend to nick them.

23. Rory Reid says:

I need two of these for my Ukrainian families flat. Arrived quickly, easy to set up and great value for money

24. Al Vaughters, News 4 Reporter says:

Think this works as luckily never heard the alarm lol its still flashing away in kitchen though

Looks good, easy to install, value for money arrived early, no problems.

27. KoryDVUGye says:

Compact and easy to install. Comes with the necessary fixing. I screwed into drywall without the stud (location of the stud was not aesthetically suitable) but this was not an issue given this unit is light enough to hold tight.

28. Meira Gebel says:

We bought these for our flat and am very pleased with our buy.
    It’s attractive, small and does not smack you in the face.
    Great for protection, our new angel
    It would be great protection in flats that are let.
    Recommend

29. ScarlettHudspet says:

We bought these for our flat and am very pleased with our buy.
    It’s attractive, small and does not smack you in the face.
    Great for protection, our new angel
    It would be great protection in flats that are let.
    Recommend

We bought these for our flat and am very pleased with our buy.
    It’s attractive, small and does not smack you in the face.
    Great for protection, our new angel
    It would be great protection in flats that are let.
    Recommend

I bought this product to provide detection of carbon monoxide. 2 years down the line, it is working fine. Simple design and good value for the cost.

32. KaseyBellingsha says:

Very easy details all working in a matter of mins

33. Cori says:

Can’t comment on battery life, but all easy to set up and test.

34. MindaGoodchild says:

Ten minutes to install, instructions very clear. Just remember the battery does need replacing periodically, however the unit beeps when the battery life is low.

35. KarlRioslif says:

Bought this when I moved into my new house and it was really easy to set up. I have it in the cupboard with the boiler so I haven’t had to attach it to the wall, but it looks easy enough to do. The batteries haven’t needed to be changed in over 7 months so you really can just set it up and let it do its job without thinking about it. When I first set it up I did use the test function just so I would know what it sounds like and you would definitely know if you had a problem since it is so loud – which is exactly what you want from a Carbon Monoxide alarm! I would definitely recommend getting one for peace of mind!

36. CalvinTorode says:

37. Bill Detwiler says:

It’s a very important tool of a Cabon Monoxide Alarm to have in your home.
    It is easy to set up. Easy to use. The information is very easy to follow.

It’s a very important tool of a Cabon Monoxide Alarm to have in your home.
    It is easy to set up. Easy to use. The information is very easy to follow.

39. ElvinGayaeovzhn says:

I bought this to replace a ten year old version, so at a cost of about 1 or 2 per year worked out to be inexpensive peace of mind.
    Easy to fit – has a back plate you hook over a screw head.
    Came with a set of batteries which you can test to see if and when they need replacements.
    Simple, easy to use, good longevity.

Replaced my 10 year old version which was still working !

Easy to fit – has a back plate you hook over a screw head.
    Simple, easy to use, good longevity.

Replaced my 10 year old version which was still working !