Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UKT] Powered Lift-Away with Anti-Hair Wrap Technology, Pet Hair, Navy and Orange

NZ801UKT
Technologies that make a difference

Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Pet Model.

Anti Hair Wrap Technology removes hair from the brush-roll as you clean. Glide from carpets to hard floors with DuoClean. Transform into a portable vacuum with Powered Lift-Away. Designed for homes with pets.

Discover

Anti Hair Wrap Technology

Removes hair from the brush-roll so you don’t have to. A unique bristle-guard actively separates and removes hair as you clean, helping to leave the bristle brush-roll tangle-free. Long, short and pet hair.

NZ801UKT
NZ801UKT
Go portable with

Powered Lift-Away Technology

Transforms from upright to portable with Powered Lift-Away. Simply lift the main unit away from the wand to easily clean stairs, furnishings and up high, and easily vacuum underneath furniture without heavy lifting.

NZ801UKT
  1. NZ801UKT

Glide from carpets to hard floors with two brush-rolls working together in one floorhead.

2. NZ801UKT

DuoClean floorhead draws in large and small debris and lifts stuck-on dust from hard floors.

3. NZ801UKT

Attach the Anti Hair Wrap Pet Tool in portable mode to easily remove embedded hair from upholstery.

4. NZ801UKT

With handy tools for whole-home cleaning.

5. NZ801UKT

Suction control. Signature LED headlights. Swivel steering. 8m cord.

1 DuoClean Technology 2 Floor cleaning 3 For homes with pets 4 Stairs, sofas and up high 5 Easy to use

Dimensions: 30 x 26 x 117 cm; 6.5 Kilograms
Brand: Shark
Model: NZ801UKT
Colour: Navy & Orange
Colour: Navy & Orange

This is my third vacuum in fours years so certainly had my fingers crossed for this one. My previous vacuum was a Vax Pet but the roller broke, despite cleaning it after each use.
    The first thing that ticked my box for the Shark was it’s ability to be free from hair tangle on the roller. This has so far proved to be an absolute winner.
    All the buttons are clearly labelled and it’s a doddle to switch from hard floor to carpet. The ‘headlights’ are actually more useful than I’d thought. The bin compartment isn’t too bad, I usually only have to empty it twice for a three bedroomed house, upstairs and down.
    The ability to vacuum the downstairs carpet is exceptional on pet hair (6 cats and 1 dog). The carpet is spotless and on hard floors everything is sucked up completely.
    The stairs proved no issue. The cord length is reasonable and I have plug sockets just in the right place. It’s not particularly heavy or cumbersome in use.
    The vacuum manoeuvres very well and is gentle on the wrist and back.
    If I was to be critical I’d say that I wished manufactures would ditch ‘glossy’ plastic that is highly static and turns the product into a dust magnetic. Your new vacuum won’t look sparkly and new for long.
    Overall, excellent buy. This one gives me the confidence of longevity.

Very impressed

2. Hillary says:

I had This in my watchlist for quite some time. I finally took the plunge and got a really good deal on this product. I must say it is the best vacuum I think I’ve ever used. After working in hotels for over 20 years and seeing how powerful their commercial machines are, this is every bit as good as one of those without the price tag. After just one vacuum the dust coming out was horrible. After my carpets looked brand new, the pile was fluffy and it just felt fresher. I saw the reviews about the anti hair wrap technology and how hair still gathers around the rollers. It does do that but you’re probably only talking a few strands instead of half a head of hair like I used to find before!! it’s new so I’ve probably not had it long enough to encounter much wrong, but I’m very pleased with it so far. Would thoroughly recommend this product. Another win is that all of their packaging (including what’s inside the box) is recyclable.

3. GeorgetRkr says:

First time I used it found hair wrapped around roller which I cut off. Spoke to customer services who advised to run it back and forth on hard surface a few times in future which shifts any hair. Now end cleaning cycle on the hard kitchen floor, no more problems. Very powerful suction, really pleased with this purchase.

4. ShawnPbemqb says:

I’ve had various hoovers and always preferred my henry or cordless dyson now I’m converted and bought on sale I’m so glad I invested you ought to see the dust it picks up! I hoovered with Henry and when the shark came I hoovered again and I couldn’t belive what it picked up! Marvellous I love i

Absolutely love our new vaccum. There is no hair wrapped around the beater bar so it is true to its word! The suction is good and the LED light is useful when hoovering dark places or hard floors. Only upset that I) I didn’t but it sooner and ii) I’ve somehow lost one of the attachments already.

6. AundreaPhilipp says:

So this hoover is super effective at picking up dust etc…we couldn’t believe how much is picked up that our old hoover was clearly leaving behind. We have short hair pets and it handles their hair well as well.
    It is pretty heavy though, and although there are different formats, it still is a bit cumbersome to do the whole house in one go. Between the weight and it having a wire, it isn’t the super easy portable number we were hoping for. But as I say, undeniably effective
    Supercool led lights on the front too!

This is fabulous. Out of the box, fixed together in 4 clicks, and ive arthritis so didnt expect to manage that. Plugged it in and straight away knew how bad my old Oreck had been operating. My cat couldnt wait to lay on the rug and roll around. He was happy as well!!. Yes I’m very happy with this machine. It’s very good looking as well and have named it Handsome!!!. Well I’m an oldie and these things make me smile. And God don’t we need it in these depressing times. Yes very happy customer.

Only started using, so based on a month. Very well put together with clear instructions as to how to set up. I like the settings for hard floors, thin pile and thick pile carpets. It is easy to take apart and clean as necessary. A reasonable dust bucket which is very easy to empty. The suction is fantastic and my carpets and floors looked visibly cleaner afterwards. I have dogs and have not had any trouble with pet hair. It picks that up without difficulty. It comes with a brushing tool, a bayonet and a pet-cleaning tool. The last is fantastic for the stairs. It is corded, so no loss of power and need for re-charging. While not being cordless might be seen as a disadvantage, the “lift away” more than makes up for this and makes cleaning the stairs easy. I am impressed with how adaptable this machine is. It comes apart nicely to allow for different lengths of wands etc. I do think that all the annoying things that happen have been thought about and put into the design to make is easier. I get the impression it is built to last, but in our current commercial climate of not building things to last and compromising on quality for cheapness, I will not hold my breath. I would recommend.

Works well, good suction lifts all the dust/muck. However, having had cordless for several years I find it so heavy and difficult to move about, I realise it is me who has weakened using my cordless ones and my age, I will keep though as it is really efficient. I just hope I get used to it. Fortunately I live in a bungalow although to do stairs seems rather easier.

10. AntjeDickinson says:

The suction on the upright Shark far exceeds more old Dyson (which was a cylinder model).
    Other reviews comment that the Shark is heavy, I think it is lighter than the Dyson, I gave weak wrists but don’t find it a problem to carry upstairs.
    It comes apart & goes back easily for using just the tank & hose the clean the stairs.
    My carpets look so much cleaner, I wish I’d of purchased it earlier!
    The amount of dust it collected is amazing

11. JanisFarrell says:

I have always used Shark hoovers, but never had one to tackle pet hair. Since getting 2 long haired kittens and my current hoover finally wearing out, I bought this one.
    It’s the best buy ever. Excellent, Excellent ,Excellent. Couldn’t believe how much cat hair and fluff it picked up off the rugs. Also Excellent on my wooden flooring.
    If you Intend getting a new hoover and have pets , get this one.

The machine has brilliant suction and is adaptable being able to reach high with the right tools and stairs with the lift off capability , however it is too heavy for me and I find the manoeuvrability awkward ! I Ihave health issues and have a lady cleaner who recommended Shark but even she says it’s much heavier than her own older model .

In the battle between dog and carpet, this Shark vacuum was the reinforcements I needed.

It’s transformer-like abilities make stairs a doddle and getting into tight spaces is easy.

If you own a dog, get one. If you own an especially hairy hamster, get one. If you’re comically hairy, get one.

The filters look a lot cheaper to replace than Dysons too.

The only alternative to owning this vacuum is shaving everything that moves in your house and nobody has the time for that.

14. GladisSaucedo says:

I never one for writing a review on items even when they are good or bad but this vacuum is amazing! I have had previous big brands vacuums and they haven’t come close to this the power and suction is amazing it effortlessly glides along the carpets and floors but the suction is fabulous looking at the carpet it doesn’t look dirty but the shark finds it and i don’t have the issue of cleaning hair from it which is amazing. I was sceptical after reading reviews saying it was heavy as my wrists are weak but it’s not at all its just your typical weight of any other big name brands I have had and i have no issues at all. Overall fabulous and I have been telling everyone about it. Definitely worth the money!

I actually came on to buy a Dyson like my partner but saw the reviews for this and thought “why not”. I love my Henry and vacuumed before using the Shark to see how effective and I had to empty it twice!

Power:
    Awesome power, what it picks up is amazing and my partner says it’s better than her dyson.

Ease of use,
    Loads of ways of using to suit its use and my bad back!

It has good suction power but larger things can get stuck. So we have indoor bunnies and the hay gets stuck, takes a while to get it out. The cord is only 8m which I feel is a little short, my other vacuum is 10m which is much better. Anyway, this one is good, has headlights, good suction, easy to steer, can feel slightly heavy until you get used to it. It’s a good vacuum, not great for indoor rabbits though.

17. Reika says:

The cleaner deep cleans carpets. The stair attachment is excellent. Suction is good but ceases altogether if the yellow rotary brush jams. The bearings on the rotary brush are not accessible and are vulnerable to damage/seizure when used in very gritty places reducing suction to zero. A friend returned her Shark vacuum cleaner when she was unable to release the seized rotary brush after using the normal floor cleaner on a very dirty area.

18. RosalinLYDC says:

Because it’s so strong the small head attachment wears out quite quickly

19. JewellLoman says:

I’ve previously bought cordless vacuums Bosch and Vax. They haven’t did the job I needed. I live alone so there is not a lot of traffic on my rugs but they were never looking how I would like them.
    I received this vacuum today and can’t believe I could get so excited about the results. I read a review once when the lady said she emptied the cylinder 3 times on her first shot. I actually filled the cylinder once and I only cleaned 2 large rugs and a hall carpet.
    I will say it is heavy to carry upstairs so wouldn’t suit an elderly person (although I’m actually in My sixties myself).
    Love i

Very well built. Operating slightly different to standard cleaners but simple when you get used to it. I like the detachable cylinder it makes cleaning awkward areas easier. It’s harder to push than my old Dyson but I find if set for long pile it’s easier especially if you go with the pile and not against it. My carpet looks brighter – must have been hiding a lot of dust! All in all very pleased with it.

21. BrandonSands says:

We have some long pile carpets and we have struggled to find a vacuum cleaner that is easy to use on such carpets. Most do a good job on floor and short pile carpets. This one seems to do everything and is easy to manoeuvre. light weight and with the detachable unit works well on stairs. A great purchase.

22. MirtaMcCasland says:

23. KatherineDotson says:

I had vacuumed the previous day with our Dyson DC06. Always been impressed with it, even more so, considering the fact it’s battery powered.
    But then my Shark arrived!
    This photo is of what was collected in my living room alone. And while a lot of it is carpet fibres, there is also a huge amount of dust……and either way, clearly shows how superior the Shark’s suction and brush system are!
    My Wife couldn’t believe it!
    I look forward to getting around the rest of the house now!
    Ps. Yes it is a lot heavier and not as manoeuvrable as the cordless Dyson……but comparing them would be like comparing a sports car, to an SUV. They do different jobs and need to be different sizes.

What can I say......just look at the photo!

But then my Shark arrived!
    My Wife couldn’t believe it!
    I look forward to getting around the rest of the house now!

What can I say......just look at the photo!

25. KarlO42gywkk says:

Likes: lighter, more agilenn with great suction. Smaller footprint. Innovative design.

Dislikes: nothig to report.

Other comments:. Unless you have a really dirty home or prefer not to empty frequently, the size of the output bin isn’t a problem.

26. CharmaiURR says:

Bought to replace our old Dyson that recently stopped working. Wasn’t looking for this brand but corded Dyson seem hard to find. So far we’re pleased with this Shark and would happily recommend. It’s easy to manoeuvre, has very strong suction ( which you can dial down), and a handy light to see in corners and crevices. The head is less wide than our old model, meaning it fits into places we previously couldn’t readily reach. Seems effective on hard floors too. After first trying it on the kitchen floor, I swept with a soft broom and didn’t find anything that had been missed.

I’ll start this one with the negative.. we bought this to replace our previous Shark that burned out after just 5 years. That’s a few years less than we’d have liked.

On the positive though. It’s the best cleaner we’ve ever had.

This one came a day after ordering and was very neatly packed. I was pleased to see that all packaging was cardboard or brown paper.. very nice indeed Shark! Even the accessories.

Once it was unpacked it was very easy indeed to put together.

Following that I gave the house a good clean. Once again it’s a brilliant cleaner. It gets up so much pet hair and grime. We have two cats and a small dog and it is does a brilliant job, filling up the dust tray every time.

Another winner from Shark.

On the positive though. It’s the best cleaner we’ve ever had.

Once it was unpacked it was very easy indeed to put together.

Another winner from Shark.

30. NatalieDailey says:

We’ve been using another brand for a few years and when it broke on us we decided to switch to Shark. Our only regret is that we didn’t switch sooner.
    This vacuum cleaner is awesome.
    So far we’ve had no issues with tangled hairs around the rollers or clogging of any kind.
    The fact that you can take the main unit off and carry it around has made vacuuming the stairs an easy chore. We even decided to buy the car detailing kit which put this vacuum cleaner on a whole new level.
    Definitely the best vacuum cleaners out there and I highly recommend.

31. JeanettDXPX says:

This vacuum cleaner is awesome.
    Definitely the best vacuum cleaners out there and I highly recommend.

32. Andy Tompsett says:

Shark are the best vacuum on the market at the moment better than Dyson you will be shocked every time you use it . Amazing vacuum

33. Love2shop Offers - powered by FeedBurner says:

I bought the shark because of my new dogs hairs. Shark was recommended by friends and family.

34. Hadar Sela says:

Excellent at picking up our border collie’s fur as she moults a lot.
    Great value for money. It is probably the best hoover I have used.

Excellent at picking up our border collie’s fur as she moults a lot.
    Great value for money. It is probably the best hoover I have used.

36. FelipaK22osihh says:

Very good vacuum cleaner lots of little things on the cleaner which help

37. MoGolf says:

We are onto our 2nd Shark upright vacuum (only needed replacing as our original broke when it was knocked off the top of the stairs) and I wouldn’t hesitate in getting another. We have 3 boys, 2 dogs and 2 cats so we test the living daylights out of our vacuums. We have tried all the usual big names before; Miele, Dysons, Henrys etc, and this one is the clear winner for us. It’s really light compared to others with comparible performance. The ability to remove the tank and almost use like a handheld is great for cleaning sofas, cars, stairs etc. Suction power is crazy strong, which would be to it’s detriment if it didn’t have a release slider on the top of the handle to adjust it as it’ll stick itself to the floor and be really difficult to use otherwise. Can only assume other reviews saying this is a negative haven’t found the slider. Customer service with Shark is also very impressive too as I had an issue with the button to turnthe floor bar on and off and they just kept sending me parts with no issue until problem was sorted. Highly recommend.

38. Sherrill4183 says:

The second Shark vacuum I’ve owned.
    The first was a revelation.
    This new design is even better.

The second Shark vacuum I’ve owned.
    The first was a revelation.
    This new design is even better.

41. HermelindaKIY says:

The second Shark vacuum I’ve owned.
    The first was a revelation.
    This new design is even better.

42. Brenda Stolyar says:

I bought this product for my son. He has a golden lab. who is shedding hair so this vacuum has been excelle

43. JesseMcCorkinda says:

A really great little vacuum cleaner. Coverts to a handheld for stairs.

45. Sophia Fox-Sowell says:

We’ve had a few cordless cleaners and either rubbish batteries or suction poor. We went for the corded shark and it’s great.

Cleaning up dog hair very good. Also I like the way it cleans carpet and laminate flooring equally well.

48. NatalieF42 says:

My previous 4 hoovers have been Dysons. A friend suggested Shark. So, I went for it.
    My goodness! If it was possible to be in love with a hoover Actually,okay, I admit it, I am a little in love with this hoover. Considering that I had hoovered only two days before, this hoover was full of hair in no time at all. I have one cat. The Dyson obviously hadn’t been doing it’s job.
    Really powerful suction. It was a joy to hoover.
    Excellent how you can take it from the upright stand and carry it while you hoover the stairs.
    There is a downside..?it’s HEAVY. You need to be fit and strong to carry it around.
    Overall though 10/10 from me

50. FrankieJMU says:

Really powerful suction. It was a joy to hoover.
    Overall though 10/10 from me