AdvancedRotak 650 UK

UniversalChain 35
bosch;lawnmower;rotak
  1. bosch;lawnmower;rotak

Quiet mowing

The AdvancedRotak 650 from Bosch generates up to 75% less noise and eliminated high pitch frequencies for more comfortable acoustics thanks to the ProSilence Technology.

2. bosch;lawnmower;rotak

One-click height of cut adjustment

Easily switch among 7 height settings with a click of a button – adjusting the height from 25 to 80 mm.

3. bosch;lawnmower;rotak

Collecting and shredding leaves

The AdvancedRotak 650 enables a user to collect, shred and dispose leaves thanks to the LeafCollect Blade.

4. bosch;lawnmower;rotak

ErgoFlex: Convenient mowing from different angles

There are 4 buttons on the handles, each of which could be pressed to operate the mower: there is no need to change hands when turning or going around corners, simply press the nearest button.

5. bosch;lawnmower;rotak

Mowing close to the edge

Use the AdvancedRotak 650 to mow close to the edge with less manual rework thanks to grass combs.

6. bosch;lawnmower;rotak

Compact and easy to store

Simply fold the grass box and completely collapse the ErgoSlide handles to compactly store the AdvancedRotak 650.

AdvancedRotak 650

Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Manufacture: Bosch
Quantity: 1
Size: Cutting Width: 40 cm

1. IolaOconner says:

Really lightweight to push and does a cracking job quickly

I have had a few Bosch electric mowers but this is the best what do you wanna talk about far. Very easy to assemble and use. They cut through everything. The only issue is the lead is shorter than on previous mowers.

The item great the box it came in was either used as a football in the last world cup or is part of a magic act were the magician puts swords’ through slots whilst someone sits in side. Not a big deal the box goes the dump anyway but it makes you think was I fobbed of with someone’s return.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I had read many reviews about this particular mower and watched a few Youtube reviews. The 650 is exactly the same spec as the 750 but with a slightly smaller blade. Being honest the 650 is perfectly fine for our lawn, more than capable.

The setup took me less than 5 minutes as its already assembled in the box. Pop the retractable handle into place, adjust for desired cut height, plug it in and away you go. Its very comfortable to use with an adjustable handle position, very quiet, and more than powerful enough to cut grass with ease. I covered more than half of our 50m2 lawn before I needed to empty it. Did both lawns in less than 20 mins, effortless.

One bonus is that it folds back down quite small to fit in the shed.

All in all a great purchase, highly recommended.

5. QTORetahtatu says:

A lot bigger than my last mower but is light, easy to move and a lot quieter than previous. Only used once but a lot easier and quicker to cut, impressed so far.

6. MargheritaHarki says:

This is the third lawnmower I’ve tried (the first one was battery-operated but the batteries didn’t work and the plug kept falling out of the second, electric lawnmower).

This lawnmower cuts the grass well, the plug stayes firmly in place, its fairly quiet and it feels nice to use. Very pleased with this.

Good machine easy to assemble and lots of height adjustment for cutting grass .
    Would recommend buying this .

Overall a good mower. Nice and quiet and cuts well. However the power cable is not as long as the previous model and the grass collection box does not seal as good against the body of the mower of the previous model. Resulting in some cuttingsmaking a mess.

9. Chandra says:

Cuts well; lightweight and easy to manoeuvre. Good value for money and 41 cm cut is good. Also quiet. Downsides: 10 m cord doesn’t make the job easy; handle is a little on the low side and machine needs more weight at the front to stop it tilting backwards.

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersVery good lawnmower, I disagree when people complain about the length of cable (use an extension lead, problem solved), i’d need it to have a 50m cable and it would take all day to wrap around the handle. It has a decent size basket and the height adjustment works well.

Pros: well built, light weight, quiet, easy to use.

Cons: being a design engineer.. I wish they put the hand over the centre of gravity. Every time I pick it up it tilts and makes it awkward to carry down my steps.

I’d been watching the AdvancedRotak 650 mower for a while and opted to buy while it was special offer. After 15+ years with a Flymo hover, the AdvancedRotak 650 was a much needed upgrade.

Good points:
    Lightweight – handles fold down and the whole unit can be lifted with one hand
    Easy to manoeuvre – grip handles are a joy to hold and make it easy to steer when mowing
    Lots of cutting heights – easy to change the cutting height
    Super quiet – much quieter than my old Flymo

Bad points:
    Grass full indicator is hit and miss
    Cable could be longe

12. Gavin Lucas says:

Very impressed so far. I’ve only just used it the once but the mower is clearly quality. The casing is rigid and the cut is really good. My old mower had given up after 7 years (a qualcast mains electric 36 cm cut) and the grass need a cut so even though quite wet and covered in leaves I rolled out this and it cope very well – collecting all leaves, leaving a nice cut, and the lawn displaying a decent strip (something I was not expecting given the reviews). It’s too early to judge how long this will last or if issues will occur but it’s fairly quiet and things bode well.
    I’ll report back with an update next Spring.

13. HeleneMcCary says:

Cuts really well and easy to adjust – would be better if it had more short cut options, min is only just enough, next up for winter cuts. Cord is 5m too short even for my small lawn and I need an extension. Having said that the cord supplied is very thick and will last well. Blade is super sharp with great finish..and oh so quiet to use. Not heavy to lift in and out the shed… with fast fold away option too. Collection box did not fit so well with a small gap at the bottom but nothing falls out as the weight of grass pulls the gap closed…small annoyance at first but unfounded. More pricy than smaller model – worth it …oh yes

14. Anne says:

This was a replacement for my petrol mower!
    Cheaper, more environmentally friendly & cuts just as well

15. EasySarees says:

Came fully assembled and ready to go. Only used it the once, but very impressed so far. Cuts well, maneuverable and a big capacity box. Another great Bosch product.

16. Tabitha19W says:

Lawnmower perfect. Only had it a year and tried to get new cable is a nightmare. It is plugged in and separate. New models come with the cable attached to the machine so what do you do if u accidentally cut it.

17. Lisa DeCanio says:

Just got rid of my petrol lawnmower which was excellent for the last 20 years but far too heavy.
    But my new Bosch lawnmower does everything the petrol lawnmower did don’t think you need to do is watch out for the cable, excellent lawnmower no complaints

18. DanielleNewby says:

I bought this mower as a replacement for a 34 cm cut Bosch mower I had for 8 years which performed faultlessly but I have three lawns total area about 140 m2 the mower cuts the grass more quickly it has several improvements the folding grass bag is bigger but takes up less space the handle folds much more easily the cutting height is very easy to adjust . But downsides it’s much heavier the cable is much shorter which is a pain the cable has to be pushed very firmly into the handle before it works, it’s quite a bit more expensive than the smaller model.
    In summary it’s got good design improvements it’s quieter but I wouldn’t pay the extra again.

19. Natalie Weinstein says:

Very pleased with this lawnmower well worth the money. Only minor criticism would be length of the lead that some other reviews have mentioned but would recommend.

No assembly needed which was great. Not as impressive as my previous Bosch which was a lot cheaper than this model. Seems harder to manoeuvre and the side combs don’t seem to work as well. I do like that it doesn’t make as much noise as regular lawnmowers and emptying the grass box is a lot easier.

21. Don Pontes says:

Pity a mower deemed for marginally larger gardens has now had the length of cable cut to such an extent it wouldn’t even meet the needs for a small garden. I would have preferred to have paid 10 more to have the same length cable as I had on the previous model 10 years ago.

22. MarylouPring says:

Bought this as a light weight alternative to my petrol mower. First positive is I can carry it in one hand and it fits easily into a barrow to move from one lawn to another. I am impressed by many of its features making it easy to assemble, use and store. I have used it on long and short grass when it is wet or dry and it cuts effectively. The “bag full” indicator tends to stick with wet grass but is easy to clear. I do not like the 10m cable. They should market a 20m cable as an accessory or supply the machine with a longer cable. I much prefer a solid grass box and cannot see any longevity in the folding one supplied but it is easy to store. At the end it is easy to clean underneath even with wet grass. I have several Bosch products and find them all effective, this is no exception. I have had electric mowers many years ago and they were underpowered but this one has the motor to do the job. It remains to see how it stands up to long term use but it is good value fo 200.