AfterShokz Aeropex Sport Running Headphones, Wireless Bone Conduction Bluetooth Earphones with Mic, IP67 Waterproof for Cycling, Work out (Cosmic Black)

AfterShokz Aeropex Bluetooth sports headphones for running cyclingOpen-ear Bluetooth sports headphones bring comfortGreat sound quality-Aeropex sports bluetooth headphones The only sports wireless heaphones recognized by England Althletics Less leakage of bone conduction sports headphones

IP67 Waterproof

IP67 rating makes these wireless headphones fully sweat and water resistant, enjoy your loved music even when running in the rain.

Make your work and life easier

Equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 and CVC 8.0 noise cancelling technology, wireless headphones effectively suppress the ambient noise, ideal for telework and conference call. 50% less sound leakage compared to Air to keep privacy intact, never worry about bothering others.

26g Light Weight

Lightest bone conduction wireless earphones, weighing in at less than an ounce and lighter than an egg, providing all day comfort experience. Aeropex sports earphones are the ultimate workout buddy.

800660650 new
Bone conduction technology 8th of bone conduction technology 7th of bone conduction technology 5th of bone conduction technology
Material Full titanium Titanium Headband Polycarbon Ear Hook Full titanium
Bluetooth version Bluetooth v5.0 Bluetooth v5.0 Bluetooth v4.2
Water resistance IP67 IP55 IP55
Weight 26g 29g 30g
Continuous play 8 hours 6 hours 6 hours
EQ Model 2 EQ 3 EQ 2 EQ
Microphone Dual Noise-Cancelling Microphone Dual Noise-Cancelling Microphone Dual Noise-Cancelling Microphone
Charging Magnetic Charging USB-C Charging Micro-USB Charging
Warrenty 2-year 2-year 2-year

Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.36 x 16.9 cm; 30 Grams
Model: AS800
Batteries Included: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
Manufacture: SHENZHEN VOXTECH CO.,LTD
Dimensions: 13.5 x 9.36 x 16.9 cm; 30 Grams
Origin: China

Unbelievable experience and you still have all the ambient sounds

2. ArlethaEarsman says:

Great if you would like to wear headphones but still hear the surrounding as if you are not wearing anything.

3. Erika Brooks Adickman says:

Very comfortable, had the openmove which caused pain at the back of my ears – these dont have that problem, and the sound is an improvement from them (not by much).

However something I have noticed that I didn’t with those is that these seem a little loose. Not that they’ll fall off but it sounds like I’m listening through a pipe – the highs arw a tiny bit muffled. If I apply a (very light) couple of grams of pressure on either side the problem goes away. Slightly frustrating but I can’t think of a solution. This is only a problem with some songs however – with extreme deep bass. Because there is an alternative eq that seems to reduce the mid emphasis (I say mid but it’s 125-250hz), but while most basses are ok, very low basses (closer to that 20hz limit), thats where the bass goes away with this alternative eq – which makes me sad because I like my DEEP bass. Furthermore, it doesnt entirely eliminate the problem, some songs still sound incredibly tubey – lacking the treble. Then again these are not designed for that purpose. I’ve managed to sort of fix the problem with another custom equaliser in my phone’s settings. But again it impacts the bass which is sad.

I’ll be keeping them anyway. Great for running, none of the *thud*, *thud* you get with normal headphones or earphones when running. I find I can finally zone out while running.

Ive paired these with some loop reusable ear plugs in order to achieve better noise isolation than I’ve ever experienced before (and I’ve had many active noise cancelling earbuds and headphones including the Anker Soundcore Life P3s – which are great don’t get me wrong, best in-ear buds I’ve ever used, especially for the price; and the Sony WH1000-XM3 – which are also great).

Had a few cheaper options, can definitely tell the difference

5. Frenalyn Untalan says:

Love the fact you can hear surrounding noise while running which makes it 100% safer.

6. Shantel6833 says:

These are fantastic for any kind of exercise, they have a good battery life, are waterproof and light weight. I bought them for cycling, walking and running.

I’ve used the second gen for a number of years, mainly for cycling. This generation has significant improvements in sound quality, comfort and telephone calls. I now use these daily for work, walking and cycling. The sound is not comparable to wired headphones or earbuds for immersive music listening but a decent allrounder.

My hearing is poor,even with normal hearing aids. For some time now I have been unable to follow TV programmes without subtitles.Music, which I have always loved, is now often quite annoying to me since I cannot hear it properly. I had heard about Aeropex. It is a revelation. I can now follow speech easily and enjoy music as before as long as the TV,radio, phone etc has a bluetooth connection. They are also very much cheaper than any hearing aids.

After several in-ear variations i decided to try theses as they are the only design that allow you to hear traffoc also, which in a rural location was key for me. Very light, excellent quality, fast to charge and super easy to team with my garmin and spotify. Only minor criticism is the fiddly volume control and does not like to “rewind” a song. Other than that this is an excellent product for running.

10. PetraJustus says:

Really like these and have found them fairly comfortable when wearing for extended periods. Battery life is good and the sound is not too bad. The volume could be allowed to go higher though and if the band was adjustable for round the back of the head/neck, that would be great too. They re not really noise cancelling unless you use ear plugs with them. The quality of the sound is pretty good but as I ve said, ideally could do with a little more allowed volume. I like em, I like em a lot. Recommend!

Good product for what it was designed for. If you want depth of music don’t get these as it’s very tinny perfect for listen to background music while running and being able to hear everything else that’s going on around you

12. IsidraYDDM says:

I have a 78% hearing loss at higher frequencys in my left ear and with these it just seem not to matter. So mutch better than in/over the ear headphones for me. And with earplugs in the bass response is great.
    I don’t find them much good for cycling due to the noise of the wind. They do work if you put earplugs in too but that kind of defeats the object of the open ear design for safety on the road.
    Ive not used the noise cancelling feature so can’t comment on that.
    Just want some I could use in the swimming pool now.

13. RodgerLaplante says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Audio quality is great, and I can hear surrounding noises like cars and cyclists while I’m running!

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

They’re great head phone very loud.
    I’m not an audiophile, but have holes in my eardrums so I cannot hear parts of words, but these to me I here everything perfect while knowing when someone’s trying to get my attention to press the multifunction button to pause.
    For music I would say they are 2x times better than cheaper 30 in ear buds that I have owned.
    Draw back is that where they rest can get a bit moist but better than moist sweaty ear canals
    I just wish they would use this technology in hearing aids it would be perfect for me as nhs ones useless.

I’ve had the Aftershocks for 4 months now and they’re fantastic. I use them to listen to podcasts, for work calls on zoom, and for hands free phone calls. They connect to my phone/laptop easily, the sound quality is great.

Downsides – they aren’t comfortable to lie down/sleep in (I use them for the Calm app), but having said they they are as comfortable as any others, I haven’t found great ones for night time. The volume control could be more sensitive, the jump is too loud/quiet and I use the volume control via my phone to get the correct volume.

These are slight downsides though, I would definitely recommend them.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

The greatest problem I was having was finding earphones that would stay in place when active. This does so spectacularly well compared to the others I have tried and are very comfortable. I have not rated noise cancellation because they don’t even go in the ears and I haven’t used them when it would be useful. I did not buy these for noise cancellation. There are earplugs supplied but I suspect they would be no different to any you can buy in a chemist. Sound quality is good – I use them for spoken word not music.

17. MadgeBourne says:

Comfortable design and very light weight, barely know I have them on.sound is clean and distinct at normal levels, turn them up to max and sound gets a bit ragged .I never expected them to compete with HI-FI quality headphones and to do so would be unrealistic ,but for on the move earphones/Mic ear piece they work well

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I wish I’d discovered these years ago.
    Yes they are expensive, but worth saving for. I’ve never been able to wear buds or headphones as they give me inner earache. These are perfect. I can’t believe how good the sound is, I can wear them when working and still be aware with what’s going on. I can now listen to podcasts while walking the dog as I feel safe being able to hear everything else. You’d think being able to hear other things would put you off but it doesn’t. Charging is fast enough for me and the battery life is also good. Easy to pause and adjust volume without pulling out my phone. Very soft and comfortable to wear. No complaints. Highly recommended!

19. Veshengro says:

I bought these headphones in November 2019 and have used them pretty much every day since, either walking the dog or cycling. They are particularly good when cycling so that traffic can be heard, although on busy roads the traffic takes over!
    My only gripe is that something has worked loose in the left hand unit which distorts the sound. I can hear something rattling around, but as the unit is sealed I fear it cannot be repaired.
    I guess two years use isn’t bad, but am unwilling to fork over another 120 for a replacement at this time.

These are a great set of headphones for workouts of any kind or just using for work. I have problems with my hearing and because these sit in the outside they don’t cause me any problems.

What I would say is check they work with your device before buying. I have a garmin watch which they work fine with. But they won’t connect to me apple phone at all.

Just check if you are planning on using these with your phone that they will connect.

Other than that there perfec

21. ArlethaNagel says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Firstly these earphones shouldn’t be compared with over ear noise cancelling sony or bose. Its like comparing a motor bike to a van they both are modes of transport but after that they are for different purposes. I have been using these continously for weeks and cant praise them enough. You forget you have them on they are so unobtrusive. Ive went to bed now several times forgetting I had them on. Ive owned the preceeding two evolutions of these earphones and these win hands down. Charging lead is so much easier than usb leads. The sound is loud and clear. Bluetooth is fast and solid with no lag. Multi device pairing is great. They are waterproof listening to music in the shower. Or even taking a call mid way through. A proper handsfree approach to audio without obscuring your hearing. Your ears don’t over heat and there is nothing in your ears to irritate or block them. Easily recommend. Best of its type.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

An overall excellent sports headphones, with the flaw of being bit overpriced.

The Pros:
    -product is light weight and compact, good mini alistic design
    -comfortable and sturdy in use
    -clear and good sound quality, with earplug if you wishes to block out the noise from outside

The Cons:
    -Pricy, although sound quality is good it doesn’t quite meet the expectations of the price tag
    -The voice over for operating the headphones is poor and robotic, sounds like some 20-30 wireless headset/headphones .
    -and the quality for answer phone calls are bad, music for workout is fine though

Also, Amazon’s review includes a noise cancelling score, which is useless for the OPEN EAR headset. Those who wants these products are not looking for cancelling outside sound.

23. Rika Huang says:

I bought these to use while running and have waited three months before giving a review to be sure nothing went wrong too quickly. It hasn’t, and they are super. It is so much better to be able to hear my environment, and not feel the isolation and vulnerability that comes with in-ear headphones. The technology is astonishing, I’m terribly impressed. They work well in quiet or noisy environments, just adjust the volume as needed. I play pop and rock music on them, so I can’t comment on how they are for other kinds of music, but I can’t fault the sound. To critique them completely fairly, I think I would like it if they were not hard plastic all the way around at the back, just because my hair is the wrong length for them, and sort of sits on them a bit. A soft wire would be better, but it’s not a huge issue and I will buy these again if ever I need to. Essential running kit.

24. JSDRenatosvv says:

I used to run with ear buds, but after a few near misses with cars passing me far too closely from behind on country lanes, I decided to leave them at home.
    I do miss the beats though. So, I bought these aftershockz headphones to see if they were any good.
    I’ve run with them for a couple of weeks and really like them. They’re really light and they fit well. I almost forget that I have them on, sometimes. The audio is much better than I thought it would be. As others have said, they lack base. Still, good enough for running. I also took a call with them today and they were crystal clear.
    When there is a lot of traffic, their sound does get drowned out, but I don’t mind that as I want to be aware of my surroundings. I love that I can hear cars approaching now and can move to safety if required.
    Now I get the best of both worlds, I can enjoy some upbeat tunes, remain more aware of my surroundings and feel much safer.

25. VictoriWarfield says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

These were my first pair of Bluetooth earphones and I decided to kill two birds with one stone as I recently started cycling.
    They are easy to use, fit snuggly and last a while once charged.
    Music lovers may not like these as they don’t offer the same sound quality than overear headphones do.
    They come with a pair of ear plugs that when used, definitely makes the sound clearer and the bass can be heard better than without. However that kind of defeats the purpose they are intended for, which is running or cycling, so you are more aware of your surroundings and oncoming traffic etc.
    Speech is clear when listening to podcasts etc and are good for watching stuff on streaming services when using them inside.
    I’ve had them for a few weeks now and I’m enjoying using them.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

This is an outstanding product. I waited a year before writing this review to make sure they were as good as I had hoped. I use them specifically for solo cycling and listening to audiobooks. I feel they are safe as you can hear traffic and road noise so I don’t feel I am compromising my safety. I turn them of with simple ear press when in congested traffic or towns. I think they work best in the open road. I have to believe they perfect for running and other sports. I also pair them to my iPad when watching stuff late at night and I don’t want the sound to disturb my wife. I buy lots of things for lots of reasons and most on Amazon. If I were to pick my favourite purchase in the last few years it would be the Aeropex Aftershokz. I did read a review of them where they were listed as a “don’t buy” for music. So if music is your thing then might be best to do a bit more research. For the small amount of music that I listen to I think they are great.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Having run whilst listening to music forever, I recently entered a marathon where the regulations stated that only bone conduction headphones would be allowed (safety reasons – part of the course is on open roads).
    Took the plunge and ordered the AfterShokz with a view to using them on the day and then returning to the normal set-up (Airpods).
    Experience as follows :
    1. Really easy set-up – fast charge, one button switch on and then blue tooth connected immediately
    2. Sound quality superb – quite strange to begin with as a slight vibration effect on cheekbones but quickly becomes ‘normalised’
    3. Battery power phenomenal – did a 3 hour marathon and plenty of juice left. Need to charge once a week if using 3-4 times.
    4. Genuinely feels safer with them – a strange sensation of having good sound quality but still being able to hear everything around you….
    No real negative points – the only tiny point is that it is a unique charging connector (not a micro USB etc) so yet another cable to keep in the drawer but no biggie…..
    Would definitely recommend to any outdoor runner – much safer and no compromise on comfort or sound quality.

28. ScarletJewett says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI adore these headphones and wish I’d got them years ago. I am neurodivergent and sounds can be overwhelming or trigger odd symptoms. On top of that I hate things in and on my ears.

By playing certain unobtrusive white noises I can eliminate my sensory issues, it’s been game changing.

I also love being able to play audiobooks or music while I’m with the kids. I can still hear the kids fine while having enough distraction to pay attention.

I’ve worn them every day for about 3 weeks. The battery lasts all day, often more if they’re not playing continuously all day. It does buzz a little if at top volume but you get used to it pretty quick and with most things you don’t need top volume.

They’re really easy to connect, comes with two charger cables which are magnetic so no dust in holes. The pouch it comes in is nice. Phone calls are great and apparently the mic is much better than any other headphones I’ve had for cutting out traffic etc.

If I could change one thing it would be the band being smaller as it catches on my jackets but I’m small and it’s not enough to drop a point.

Mainly being able to listen without awful buds in my ears or headphones pressing on my ears is wonderful.

I gave 1 star for noise cancellation only because that’s not what they’re for, though they did come with east plugs if you want that. Nice touch.

29. JeffereyRauch says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I wanted a set of headphone I could wear on a bicycle that didn’t block out traffic and pedestrian noise. I also wanted something I could wear while in a wet atmosphere such as a hot tub. They are comfortable to wear, I often wear them all day and forget they are there.
    I use them to listen to talking books while working so sound quality is not paramount, someone who wants perfect sound may not be so impressed. When at maximum volume they do cause a vibrating sensation where they touch the skin, some people have said its off putting, doesn’t bother me, if I need them on maximum volume I’m usually doing something thats far more off putting than headphones vibrating.
    Bluetooth does work over quite a distance, I can be in a different room to my phone and it stays connected, even between upstairs and downstairs. And it seamlessly answers the phone so I can speak normally and the inbuilt microphone picks up everything, when call is complete it switches straight back to whatever I was listening too.
    Can’t find anything to fault about them as they do exactly what I want, including working all day, and if they do run flat 10-15 minutes on the charger puts enough life back in them to continue. The charger connection is also excellent, no fiddly usb plugs. The electrodes are encased in a magnet so by offering the magnetic charger port up to the headphone it connects itself, you can almost throw the headphones at the charger and the magnetic pins find locate and connect immediately.

30. JannaBraddon says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Device look and feel great when worn, could easily leave these on all day without any discomfort. Used them a few times now for walking, running and cycling. No problems wearing these with my Oakley Flak 2.0 and cycle helmet (and face mask) who would’ve thought our ears would be so utilised for wearables in 2020/21.

Had a couple of issues with them where they stop playing my music either because the BT drops between phone and devices or it still shows connected but for some other reason the music has stopped/paused. Not a issue I’ve had with wired earphones previously on the same phone, will have to continue testing to see what could be causing this. Possible my phone is registering a touch on the screen to stop the music playback in my pocket, but I find this unlikely.

Only other annoyance I had was my phone (currently OnePlus 6T) reports the battery level on the connected BT device, it was showing 20% when I left work but I only got 20mins use out of them before the battery was flat. Managed to power them back on and phone was still reporting 20% battery but the device turned off immediately when I tried to use them for playback. I now know not to rely on the reported battery level via my phone screen which isn’t a major concern. More a nice to have if I can get an accurate battery level reading

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI’m not a techie or an full on audiophile — just a regular person who enjoys a variety of music styles and podcasts on the go. My motivation for getting these was primarily for use when out alone after dark both dog walking and running, which is not always safe when you have one of your sensory systems is disabled.

It is a new experience being able to hear both the music in my head and people talking to me or traffic passing by and it’s really quite impressive. The sound quality is good. For the same price, I’d want to be blown away by the quality of an in-ear or over-ear bit of kit, but that’s not what these are. The sound quality is not much better than old my 40 earbuds, but I couldn’t wear those in a shared workspace without cutting myself off from surrounding conversations, they didn’t allow me to do my own thing at home without disengaging from family life and they didn’t give me the freedom to confidently listen to anything when out on my own after dark. These are pretty nifty and what you’re getting for your money is both inclusion and freedom as well as sound quality.

In terms of Cons, these are not adjustable and, as a petite woman, I find they don’t always site 100% right. This can also be affected by my choice of clothes, headgear or hairstyles. But generally they are comfortable and they always sit correctly enough to work well. I wouldn’t recommend if you intend to use lots while lying flat (I do on occasion in bed, but they can push up at the back and be a little annoying. Again, this could be because I’m on the smaller side). I have not used the accompanying earplugs as noise cancelling is not what I’m currently after, but these will probably be necessary at the gym etc where there is loud background noise.

Back to Pros – another plus is the battery life — it lasts for hours. And when it does run low, the warning is given well in advance of shutdown so you don’t just suddenly lose it mid workout (I got the warning as I headed out the door recently and was still listening when I returned 45 minutes later. I haven’t pushed how much longer they would have lasted beyond that).

Noise leakage doesn’t seem to be a problem – I haven’t been blasting techo at full volume but have listened to podcasts and music in quiet spaces and in bed with my partner and been told it’s not noticeable to anyone in close range.

Overall, whilst these are not perfect for me — and are not cheap — they are a clever bit of kit and I would recommend or gift them to others.

After years of trying in ear pods for running I splashed out on these. 150 is a lot of money but in my case I do think it was worth it for two main reasons. First is that whichever size adapter I used on my in ear pods, inevitably at some stage on my run, they would fall out. As AfterShokz sit in front of the ear, this isn’t a worry.
    The second reason I love these is because I suffer with tinnitus. In ear pods always made this much worse and I ended up only ever wearing the left pod as the tinnitus is worse in my right ear. After a run with in ear pods my tinnitus could be awful. As Aftershokz don’t sit in the ear, they don’t affect my tinnitus at all.
    I’m not really a music ‘fan’ so I can’t comment of the music quality, just to say I have no complaints and can hear the music loud and clear when running. What I will say though is that the sound does still ‘mask’ background noise so I can’t hear if another runner is approaching me from behind.
    Easy and great to use. If you are looking for a good set of bluetooth running headphones and can swallow the price, these are very good.

I decided to go for bone conducting phones as I run a lot and ear bud types are not accepted in most official UK races due to safety concerns. The sound quality of Aeropex is balanced and they are comfortable on a long run. Noise cancellation is irrelevant for these phones when listening as the whole point is to allow you to be aware of your surroundings, however, when ambient noise is low they perform like other phones but without having something stuck in your ears. When used for phone calls the microphones are noise cancelling. Bass is a bit light but I think if it was heavier it could get very tiresome hence my comment about balanced sound. My main criteria for purchase was a good fit so they didn’t need constant adjustment when working out, wireless connection which works well, and as mentioned previously they are accepted for use in official events. I didn’t know what to expect when buying them but I was pleasantly surprised and they certainly do the job that I wanted them to do. They are a bit pricey but they are well made and come with a silicone case with a magnetic catch, a waterproof running belt (which was unexpected but a nice touch) and some ear plugs that can be used to block out sound entering the ear via the eardrums so the effect is more like that from earbuds. There are also two charging cables so you also have a spare. These are magnetic and click into place when the polarity is correct. The other end terminates in a USB connector.

As a runner, trying to find a suitable set of earphones that won’t fall out when running has always been a task of struggle and futility. I did find a 80% stable pair of bluetooth earphones from Anker, but they’ve been discontinued. I liked those earphones.

Looking ahead to a future marathon, I read that only bone conduction headphones (specifically AfterShokz) would be allowed. I previously watched lots of reviews, due largely to my reluctance to spend so much money on “earphones”. The reviews leaned me more towards the expensive end of the range rather than the more budget-friendly end.

So, I saved up, waiting for a sale, and bought these Aeropex.

I wasn’t expecting brilliant sound, and I didn’t think the way they sit so far from your head would make them stable. I also didn’t think the claimed 8 hours of battery life would be likely.

I was surprised on all three counts. The sound is easily as good as, if not better, than the earphones I’d previously been using. They sit perfectly still on my head – no bouncing around. And the battery life is crazy. I logged my runs since first charging the Aeropex. The first time they lasted about a fortnight, during which time I’d run for about 13 hours. The second time they didn’t seem to last quite as long, a little under 12 hours, but still well over the claimed 8 hours.

Needless to say, I’m pleased I bought these and wish I hadn’t hesitated to get them. For me, they really are the best running earphones/headphones I’ve ever used.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I purchased this headset as a replacement for my old Trekz Titanium. I loved that headset and my colleagues very quickly got used to the fact they could talk to me still while I was listening to my own music.
    I had to replace it due to wear and tear, as it used to get chucked into my rucksack without any case to protect it.
    Straight out the box these new Aeropex have a fantastic silicone rubber case, which although not rugged, is enough to make you think twice about how you put the headset away.
    Sound quality is better than the Trekz Titanium, a little more bass, or warmth to the sound; that is not to say these are any comparison to standard headphones for tracks with heavy bass sound, but these aren’t designed with the audiophile in mind.
    Personally I have found these are great for listening to quiet Classical music while I’m working, and I’m still able to hold conversations with colleagues; and also take business calls without having to pick up the phone, being able to use the computer whilst talking is a massive bonus.
    Outside of work, these are very comfortable whilst running, and you can still hear everything going on around you.
    I have found you get used to listening to music through these after only a short time; and you can crank up the volume plenty, unlike the old Trekz Titanium, you don’t get as much vibration from higher volume.

Like the old headset, you can use the multifunction button to voice dial for phone calls, and with an Android device you can use voice commands to select music in Spotify, I’d imagine other such commands work as well, but I’ve only used for Spotify so far.

To summarise, these are fantastic for listening to music whilst working in an office, round the house or when you’re out and about; but you are still aware of your surroundings and able to hold conversations with people.
    You also have seamless transition from listening to music to making Phone calls.

36. Simon Sage says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I’ve been using these pretty heavily over the last few weeks and I’m really impressed with them. I have other sports headphones for running but specifically wanted something to use when cycling whilst allowing me to hear other road/trail users.

My concerns before buying:
    will they be comfortable?
    Will I be able to wear sunglasses?
    Will they interfere with my cycling helmet?
    How will they sound?

After 250miles (ish) of cycling and running these are my thoughts:
    Yes they are very comfortable. I ran a half marathon distance this morning and did not need to adjust them once. They are so lightweight and comfortable that I forgot I was wearing them. The same cannot be said for any of my in-ear headphones.
    They do not interfere with sunglasses at all. I usually wear an old pair of ray ban wayfarers which are pretty chunky and rest on the tops of my ears. The aftershokz do not interfere with them in the slightest.

They cause no issues when worn with a cycling helmet.

The sound quality is okay. Not bad but not great. It’s the biggest trade off in this type of design but I feel it’s definitely out weighed by the benefits. For podcasts and audiobooks they are perfect. For music you will lose a lot of bass and they will not sounds anywhere near as full as ‘proper’ headphones but once you get used to it the sound is not unpleasant. At home I use a nice set of AKG open backed headphones with a dedicated headphone amp and on the go I use some closed back over ear compact AKGs with my phone. They both sound excellent and these do not but I’d still choose them over any of my other ‘workout’ headphones (wired sennheiser buds) every single time.

They also have been very useful for conference calls when working from home .

I was a bit unsure about taking a chance on something that might sound a bit ‘meh’ for a relatively high price but I’m very happy with them and hope to get plenty more use out of them in the future.

These are amazing. I wear them when cycling and can still hear the traffic and going-ons around me. When running I can still hear my breathing, my feet meeting the ground, and traffic. It’s a strange but brilliant sensation.
    They fit well alongside sunglasses and/or a cycle helmet. I use them to listen to the radio at work and the battery lasts all day. The multi-function button allows easy pause, skip-track, and volume control. This device is comfortable to wear and doesn’t move or vibrate when running or jumping around. After a few hours of wearing them I find they can get heavy on the ears but the same could be said of any headphones.
    Taking calls on this is better than any hands-free device I own. People tell me they can hear me completely clearly and the audio quality my end is excellent.
    The only downside to these is that, when listening to music, the audio is not as good as standard headphones. For me, this has no bearing because the audio quality and max volume is still plenty good enough when doing sport.
    If you want headphones that give the best sound and base then these are not for you, but as an active person or if listening to music at work, then look no further. This is for you!
    Final note, when on max volume, the bone induction pads will vibrate, with bass, where they touch your skin. At first, I didn’t like this, but after a few minutes I got used to it and it’s now like having a mini sub-woofer on my person. As soon as you reduce the volume a little, the buzz is not noticeable.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersMy office recently enforced a one earphone only policy to get around some communication issues in the office because fellow co-workers, including myself often got too carried away with listening to music and didn’t realise when people came over to speak to them.

However, I’m very picky when it comes to my work environment and I was a bit cheesed off with the new rule. So I bought these as a compromise.

These… Headphones?… Grant me the ability to work efficiently, block out the usual (and sometimes off-putting) office sounds (something that one single earphone could not do), while simultaneously allowing me to address people if they came over for work related discussions.

However, one thing to note are that these are bone conduction. Not miracle workers. For what they are, they’re great sound quality. But, they won’t replace your headphones, or indeed some earphones in terms of sound quality. Especially when it comes to sound leakage, as bone conduction can be notoriously bad for it at medium to high volumes.

What they lack in sound quality (which they’re still pretty okay at) they make up in function. I’ll be honest. These have largely replaced most of my listening devices with a few exceptions (mainly situations where I prefer a more isolated listening experience).

The battery life lasts a while. I haven’t tested it to the claimed max usage, but I haven’t had them randomly die on me during the working day. So if you’re sensible with battery charging intervals, you’ll be fine.

In the box, you’ll can a silicon case, two magnetic plug charging cables, a waist pouch for your phone and keys (for running and cycling), and a little plastic box containing what I assume to be reusable ear plugs. Maybe they’re just one use. I don’t know.

I must admit, I wasn’t expecting the running pouch or earplugs and the pouch in particular has seen a substantial amount of use and has thus far held up pretty well.

Overall, I’m pretty impressed with these and I certainly feel like I’ve got my money’s worth out of them, so I’ll be keeping an eager eye on this brand in the future.

39. Adam Benjamin says:

Golden Review Award: 4 From Our UsersI’ve been dithering over buying these for a while, reading the reviews, adding them to my basket, removing them again. My intention was never to use them for jogging or in the gym because I’m a lazy bugger. I just wanted some neat headphones that I could listen to a bit of music or a podcast, join conference calls for work, etc, but still be able to hear what’s going on around me and not shout when I’m on a call.

The first thing is that these are so light you really will forget you have them on. The sound quality is very good. I’ve got some Bose headphones of I really want to listen to music and these are never going to compete with those. If you want that sort of quality then these aren’t the right product but that’s not the fault of their fault; it’s not what they’re built for.

The bass is still pretty good and I can wind the volume up to a level far greater than I find comfortable. I’ve asked if my voice is clear on a couple of calls and there’s no problem there either.

So far, I can’t find anything really to complain about. I guess the only small thing is the bleed. I had them on listening to some music and my other half could hear it from about a metre away. I had a set of in ear ones that I bought specifically for watching films on the train as they had almost zero bleed. They were less than a tenner and they worked better than these in that respect.

It is a bit weird being able to hear music and people talking but then I suppose ill get used to that. For that, they definitely hit the mark.

I have been a fan of Bone Conduction products since the very first generation of headphones. That being said for all newcomers to the experience here are a few things you should know before you decide to buy a pair.

The good:
    1) They are super light and low profile when being worn. This makes them comfy for extended use.
    2) The battery lasts quite awhile.
    3) They are quite resistant to most forms of weather, ie rain, fog, heat, and cold.
    4) Bluetooth 5.0 makes them retain a signal quite well even if you are 5-10 meters form the audio source.
    5) They fit quite well on a variety of heads.
    6) The controls are good.
    7) Mic is clear and concise.
    8) Low sound bleed.

The bad:
    1) A little pricey.
    2) Sound interference. (will elaborate below)
    3) Vibrations can be a bit uncomfortable at higher volumes. You will get used to it after awhile.
    4) Sound quality.

Sound quality. These headphones will never match up to IEMs. They will also lose out to some other headphones at this price point. The sound you hear can be with minimal bass as the interpretation of bass is a strong vibration which can feel quite uncomfortable the first time you experience it. That being said you are not getting these for the sound quality alone. The whole point is to be able to hear outside sources of sound while you are exercising or commuting through your day. For that they are excellent in what they provide. They beat out the Apple AirPods in this regard. Where you can have an imperfect fit with the AirPods the Aeropex fits like a glove and is way harder to lose. The sound quality it does have is also in my opinion better than the AirPods. AfterShokz also provide a pair of foam earbuds which was a nice touch if you ever want to block your ears.

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI bought these for cycling and discrete use in boring meetings and they work to varying levels of success.

The first thing to note is that while these are amazing for bone conduction headphones, they still sound like crap.
    The second thing is that they work by vibrating your entire skull to try and rattle your ear bones into playing music. This can cause headaches and nausea depending on person, volume, what you’re listening to and what else you’re doing. These aren’t usually too bad and you get used to it quickly.

The one use case for these is “I want to listen to music while hearing my environment”. If you _don’t_ want to hear things (eg gym, train, coffee shop etc) then they’re completely useless. Buy some 15 Bluetooth earbuds and you’ll have a better time.
    Some environments are also too loud to comfortably use these.

My uses:
    – Cycling: pretty great, though with all the traffic noise you’re going to lose most definition. Good for music with a driving beat though.
    – Meetings: almost the perfect place to use these – no background noise to drown out the sound. It very much feels like you’re at a very quiet concert rather than using headphones. Avoid any music with lyrics as it’ll sound like two people speaking simultaneously.
    – The pub: If there’s no music playing and you want some, it works fairly decently, though if you’re drunk and try and turn up the volume your inner ear will become very very unhappy.
    – Convention Centres: no chance, way too loud.
    – The tube: if you put in the supplied ear plugs it kind of works but the vibrations from the carriage clash and over-all it sounds super bad.

Over all these are extremely expensive and not very useful. I’d only recommend these to people that spend too much money on cycling gear and people with ADHD who need music all the time.
    (happily I fit into both categories)

Golden Review Award: 4 From Our UsersI have been using Trekz Titanium for a few years now. I cycle commute 25Km each way into central London, most days of the week. I refuse to deny myself of the ability to hear what’s going on around me, but I love being able to listen to music. Just last week, one of the transducers inside the Titaniums started rattling around and vibrating unpleasantly. Being well outside their warranty period, I took the plunge and bought some Aeropex. They are brilliant. The sound quality for music is markedly better than with the Titaniums (and I was happy enough with those). I did give my son’s Airs a go before buying the Aeropex, and I’m glad I went with the more expensive option. I see people complaining about the fidelity of music – If you’ve never tried bone conducting then sure, they’re not going to match a pair of in ear, or over ear headphones. That’s not the point. I can genuinely hear the sound of people changing gear behind me when I ride, never mind hearing buses, cars, lorries etc. I can even hold conversations with other cyclists without pausing the music! So I lose nothing in my ability to hear what’s going on around me and I get to listen to my music with a quality that I am more than happy with and is 80%+ the fidelity of a good pair of normal headphones. I did a 10km run with them this morning and they were super comfortable, and didn’t move one bit (and I sweat profusely when exercising!). As with cycling, able to hear what was going on around me and to be able to chat to others. I have a pair of in-ear sports headphones but the profuse sweating tends to make them fill up with moisture and make squelching sounds every stride after I’ve been running for 30 minutes or more. No such problem with these. I’m very happy. (And I’ve never had Bluetooth drop out problems with various models of iPhone over several years of use).

43. Carlo7998nzi says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersBought these to run in, after years of cables and bluetooth earbud of various brands.
    After a while, anything you put in your ear becomes unconfortable and in my case sweaty. Hearting your own heartbeat out of time with the song you are listening to can often ruin your fave tunes, not to mention the hazards of not being able to hear whats around you while on the move.

Enter Aftershokz…. I’d be lieing if i said this was my first experience with the company, as i previously backed a kickstarter for a pair of bone conducting sunglasses, but you cant wear sunglasses in the rain and this isnt a review of those so….

These bone conducting headphones are very comfortable to wear and sit infront of your ear leaving it open so you can still hear the world around you. They are a sealed unit, apart from a small pin hole for a microphone and completely waterproof, ideal for the british summer.
    Noise bleed is no worse than from any other pair of earphones and infact i had to turn them right up for anyone around me to hear anything from them at all.
    Sound quality is good, though missing the bass you would get from in ear buds, but then that is to be expected somewhat as the technology behind how you hear it is completely different.
    Battery life is incredibly good and the little magnetic charging point is simple to connect (magnetically duh) though if you lose the cable you will have to go to aftershokz for a replacement, fortunately the item does ship with 2 cables, just incase…

Total game changer for me when it comes to music while i’m running. Cant see me wearing them in the gym on a dreadmill, but that only happens in winter when the weather is bad, suppose i’ll have to keep my ear buds just for that then…..

44. Paul Douglas says:

Golden Review Award: 57 From Our UsersMe : Audiophile obsessive…planar magnetic headphones/hybrid IEMs owner…

Have bought Titanium/Air and Aeropex in last 3 weeks….I know their primary 99% aim is sports-based usage, but here is a unique take/usage review…

The Great
    Perfect invisible fit now…due to ergonomics + lighter weight
    +2 hours battery life @ 8 hours total
    Super super simple proprietary magnetic charger
    100% waterproof

The Not So Great
    Loss of mids “fullness/body” and forwardness vs Air..more V-shaped signature (+bass/+treble) now, than mids focused…
    SBS codec, not Apt-X LL (low latency)

***Bought for my mother for TV : unusual usage but it works..finally !***

Definitely more refined SPOKEN audio image than titanium and Air…extended bass and treble…voices have a pin-pointed focus now floating immediately around the head…however for music, its become a tad sterile vs Air which I own and use every day for biking. I know full well voice ranges are in the mids, but this control comes at a loss of musical immersiveness.

As stated, regarding usage for TV/netflix… I managed to pair these up to a SBC/Apt-X Apt-X LL transmitter as my mother’s main focus is voice clarity later at night, with the TV, without disturbing neighbours .
    As the Aeropex receive only in old school ‘SBC bluetooth’ and not ‘Apt-X LL’, there was a latency issue for voices syncing up on a Hisense 55-inch TV on Netflix, but I managed to sync that delay with the TVs deeper Optical-out lip sync settings….

Aftershokz would be advised to impliment Apt-X LL in the next model, to get lip sync 100% right for spoken word, as they can expand their market beyond sport for hard-of-hearing/deaf TV use etc…it will also improve the SQ micro-detail across the frequency range vs making them ‘V-shaped’ now in Aeropex.

Final Verdict 4/5 – as previous Air have a better fullness to the mids/more fun presentation for music…but for comfort/charging ease and fit..they have superceded the previous models 100%.

Refinement Comes at a Price....

45. DoraKirklin says:

Golden Review Award: 154 From Our UsersAfter hearing a friends AfterShokz Air, I was impressed and decided that I needed to get these to try for myself.

I am not their main target customer. I use these in the office primarily with the intended occasional bike ride at the weekends (still yet to try this). I wanted to be able to listen to music but still hear the conversations going on around me in case I need to join in, or simply if someone wants to ask me a question and they can just say my name without doing a wavy dance to try and get my attention. For this they work exactly as intended.

I also take several calls throughout the day and the quality is excellent. I can hear people loud and clear and I have been told that I come across very clear with the quality on par with most headsets. Watching films seems to have audio in sync and sounds great.

I also have these connected to my laptop at the same time and can seamlessly switch between my phone and laptop.

Battery wise I am still amazed. I have not timed it yet myself, but I have no issues getting through a full day of music listening and calls with the odd pauses throughout the day.

Comfort is really really good and most of the time I forget that I am actually wearing them. I do have the music at a normal volume (not so loud that I cant hear my surroundings) so the vibrations into my jaw are not too harsh which I think also helps with reducing fatigue. But I pretty much have this on my head for a solid 10 hours to put it into perspective.

Sound quality is going to be very subjective. They are not your normal headphones and therefore will not be as good BUT they are far from average. Yes the bass response is not as good but Im not listening to loud heavy dance tracks and for the most part I forget that the bass is lacking. Music still sounds nicely rounded and pleasant to listen to.

If I was to find fault it would be with the vibrations on louder volumes. It cant really be helped, but the vibrations are a weird sensation and fatigue does set in much quicker. There is also a confirmation beep for things like volume up which is unnecessarily loud and makes me want to use my phone volume instead of the headset buttons.

Other than that I couldn’t recommend enough if the use case fits you.

—update—-
    Tried these on a ride and work exactly as you would expect. The helmet straps aren’t an issue and the rear band sits low enough to not interfere with the rear helmet strap (at least on my normal helmet)

Still very happy and they have been glued to my head all day everyday at the moment.