ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Wired Gaming Headset + MixAmp Pro TR, Astro Audio V2, Dolby Audio, Swappable Mic, Game/Voice Balance Control, for PS5, PS4, PC, Mac – Black/Blue

A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS
A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS
  1. A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS

TUNED FOR GAMING

ASTRO Audio V2 delivers pro-quality audio for gamers when they need it most, from live streaming in their living room to competitive play in the pits of a tournament.

2. A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS

SUPERIOR FIT & FINISH

Designed for marathon gaming sessions, the A40 TR is lightweight, comfortable and built to last.

1. A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS

MOD KIT READY

Transform your A40 TR into a closed-back noise-isolating headset for loud tournament environments.(sold separately)

2. A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS

GAME:VOICE BALANCE

Easily balance how much game sound and voice chat you hear (on PS5 HDMI adapter required)

a40 tr
ASTRO COMMAND CENTER SOFTWARE

Customize every input and output parameter, including personalized sound profiles and multiple mic & stream settings

A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS
USB SOUND CARD FUNCTIONALITY

When used on PC or Mac, the MixAmp Pro TR will function as a dual channel external sound card.

A40TR + Mixamp Pro PS
DOLBY AUDIO

DOLBY AUDIO delivers cinematic 3D gaming audio experience and broadcasts Dolby out to streaming audiences

Weight: 363 g
Dimensions: 13.7 x 8 x 3.8 cm; 363 Grams
Model: 939-001661
Colour: Black/Blue
Colour: Black/Blue

Headset itself is very clear audio, perfect for warzone once you get the right settings. Not as comfy as my old headset but the audio makes up for this.

2. MackenzGibbs says:

The two audio outputs made it possible for me to vary the audio levels of google chrome (for music) without altering any of the other volume levels, which is a great feature. The audio quality is also great, although it doesn’t block out other noises in the room (by design, since openback headphones have better audio quality), so I wouldn’t recommend using them if you plan to use them in a noisy environment.

This headset is great for anyone who plays games I play valorant with them and the sound quality and direction of sound is top tier I would recommend the headset to anyone.

4. StewartRaine says:

Best headset i have owned and i have owned many. Good quality sound and comfort.

5. HelaineSavage says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Best headset I’ve had. Well worth the money. My husband has had his for over 6 years and still going strong.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

These are Fantastic headphones. The quality is good. I only regret having a set that is wired. It doesn’t really matter to be fair as the core experience is the same.

7. CoreyTZUZsj says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

It’s a really good headset, however the paint starting to come off the top of the headset only a few weeks of using i

8. DwainStidham says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Whilst this is a good entry level to almost high end gaming headsets they sound very tinny when you us the toslink / optical port to a PC that has a good onboard audio chip so I recomend just using the USB and if you want to use your mobo dac / chips get the A50″s

9. Attila Tomaschek says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersPros:-
    – Good sound quality
    – Good mic quality
    – Very comfortable
    – Looks good

Cons:-
    – The in-line mic mute gets triggered multiple times a day just by moving my head around. I have now covered this with uPVC tape as it is uber annoying.
    – Although comfortable the headset has a habit of sliding off my head if I look down at something. I didn’t have this issue with other headsets.

Pros:-
    – Good sound quality
    – Good mic quality
    – Very comfortable
    – Looks good

Cons:-
    – The in-line mic mute gets triggered multiple times a day just by moving my head around. I think I will cable-tie it so that it is further away from me and less annoying.

Best headphones I ever had and I went through my fair share of them in my lifetime

Italy

Il prezzo vale assolutamente il prodotto!
    Il livello e la qualit del suono sono imparagonabili ad altre cuffie.
    Ho atteso un po’ prima di recensire queste cuffie perch volevo vedere se con il tempo le prestazioni calassero. Assolutamente no, anzi il bello arriva quando prendete dimestichezza con i livelli, cos da poter personalizzare il suono a seconda del tipo di gioco e vostre esigenze.
    Le ho acquistate durante il black friday pagandole al 50%, e penso che non cambier pi prodotto!
    Unica pecca: consiglio di acquistare anche il kit per il padiglione in pelle, l’isolamento acustico maggiore e non crea fastidi alle orecchie a causa del caldo.

Migliori cuffie

After having my steel series headset for 5 years these had a lot to live up to. There’s always a certain expectation for tech priced so much higher than the competition and the A40’s are no exception. I half expected that I would be sending these back after a couple of days and opting for a cheaper setup, but that wasn’t to be. Yes they are expensive compared to the competition, but after a few days using them it becomes clear why.
    The comfort is exceptional, even compared to my steel series (which are famed for their comfort) which were great but the Astro’s are just better. I can have these on all day whilst working from home and forget I’m wearing them.
    Then there is the sound quality, I can only comment on the mix-amp version, but again, it’s a notable step up from my previous headset. The bass is crisper and more pronounced, the mids are also a step up in quality, but again, for the cost of these headsets this is to be expected.
    The only downside to this headset is the price and that for what you pay they are not wireless. I would have paid the extra for the wireless version but for one small detail, which is the mic is not detachable and therefore cannot be replaced. The mic failing was the reason for purchasing these, so the fact the mic is integrated on the A50’s took them out of the running.
    So overall, yes, I would recommend these if they fall into your budget, however a pair of steel series arctis 7’s come in significantly cheaper, are wireless and about 80-90% as good. Even then, the added quality and richness of sound coupled with better build quality and improved comfort for me was worth paying more for.