Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm, White

Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: Yes
Batteries Included: Lithium Ion
Manufacture: Sprue Safety Products
Colour: White
Quantity: 1

This carbon monoxide alarm was bought as a safety device to alert when carbon monoxide is at high levels.
    The alarm will go off should high levels of carbon monoxide is detected by the device. This is a life safer gadget and is recommended the alarm be tested from time to time.
    I love my fire angel which is used by most UK Fire Brigades.

2. JuanaLindsey says:

I love my fire angel which is used by most UK Fire Brigades.

I love my fire angel which is used by most UK Fire Brigades.

Easy to install 7 year battery life so don’t have to worry about the battery running out any time soon not many instructions with it but all good as shows you what you need to do

5. DeandreGirard says:

Using as a travel carbon monoxide alarm. Easy set up , and small enough to carry safely. Given battery life 5 stars, hopefully this will be accurate

6. ArleenBarringto says:

Straight forward installation. Had the chance to travel with it and use it as a night stand meter and also fit it at home. Detects even small quantities of carbon monoxide.

8. KristaMcCutcheo says:

A great carbon monoxide monitor. I’ve been using it for about a year now and it works (you can test it by running your car for a minute in a garage with the door closed, but just for the test, then open and air asap!) and seems strong enough to carry around and use where you want.

The display is clear and easy to read and the system pretty much looks after itself giving you the data as you need it.

11. Kelsey Mulvey says:

12. Eric Gibson says:

Not too big with a clear display. Simple to install as batteries included. Can’t comment on battery life as just installed.

13. CameronAshley says:

2nd one I have bought over the last 10 years.
    Great battery life, easy to fi

2nd one I have bought over the last 10 years.
    Great battery life, easy to fi

19. Darcy38Dppv says:

Good quality alarm at a great price. As someone who has had a relative who died tragically from carbon monoxide poisoning I can’t recommend the use of an alarm highly enough. This is a very good unit and I would thoroughly recommend its use to keep you safe. A small price to pay for years of peace of mind.

Temperature and level of carbon monoxide doesn’t change unless I press test button. Battery….Will see in time.

21. ClarkBryant says:

Just unplug the battery isolater and good to go. Displays room temperature and an occasional flash of green light to show detecting sequence. Pleasing to look at and effective

24. FallonGoldschmi says:

Wasn’t sure about this item as has never bought one. On arrival I realised I would need to make some holes in the wall as it needs to be held up by two nails/screws. Holes in the wall…something else I’ve never had to do. However, I had also bought some Suguru in the same parcel and thought I’d try to make some “nails”. And what do you know? It worked:-) The boiler engineer came round the other day and asked if we had a monoxide alarm and I pointed up as he then proceeded to push the test button on it. Holding my breath I waited for it to fall away from the Suguru nails….but no Mr boiler engineer was happy that it worked and I was happy it stayed on the wall.

had one of these for over a year and recently purchased another one for a different room

I’ve had no False alarms it just works Silently in the background. One for my kitchen where the boiler is and One in the front room for my gas fire . Always buy a good brand when it comes to these sorts of gadgets.

26. FelicitasWeddin says:

I needed a device that gave a visual percentage reading of CO as I use a portable butane fuelled gas fire to heat my home. I too wanted a device that was made & sold by a UK manufacturer that carried all the relevant safety certification to conform with UK health & safety regulations. I wanted & needed that assurance to have the confidence in the unit to be able to detect CO at a very early level before it became toxic & a danger to life so I could start to ventilate my living area before it was too late.

This unit does all of the above.

27. Bill Detwiler says:

After my last gas boiler service the engineer advised me I needed a new CO alarm. British Gas wanted 67 to install a new one so I decided to buy this one instead. It’s very simple. Just remove the little bit of plastic strip and it works. Screws are supplied but as I don’t have a drill I used Gorilla Tape to attach it to the top of the door to the boiler room. This is not recommended to attach it to wallpaper. The instructions for use are very clear and simple. As it has a digital display you can check the reading easily.

Difficult to be positive about something {2 of} you are forced to buy when you don’t particularly want to.
    Have a gas boiler which is separate from any living area and an open fire.
    But the alarms are not expensive and are easy to install and understand.

Have a gas boiler which is separate from any living area and an open fire.
    But the alarms are not expensive and are easy to install and understand.

30. Werner01Wafj says:

Have a gas boiler which is separate from any living area and an open fire.
    But the alarms are not expensive and are easy to install and understand.

A very simple product and easy to install / use. This is the second one I have had, the previous one having a dying battery. This is my main criticism in that the battery does not last the claimed 10 years and is not replaceable, in common with several Fireangel products. In fact, anyone handy with a screwdriver and soldering iron could change the battery. The only reason I didn’t is because I could only purchase batteries in a pack of 10 so it was cheaper to replace the whole alarm!

32. ReedColunga says:

33. AugustaU18 says:

I bought this to replace previous model purchased in 2012 which has just failed having out-lived advertised battery life. I can vouch for it’s longevity then. It sits unobtrusively on a shelf. Omits a loud ring when tested and I sleep easy at night secure in the knowledge that it is doing its job. I like the display which can also show the room temperature. I have no problem with recommending this as a fine security product.

I’m about to buy a replacement for the one I bought early in 2015. After almost seven years of use the battery is still okay, since buying this monitor we have only bought CO2 and smoke detectors with sealed batteries. It is comforting to know that we don’t have to keep replacing batteries, and as sensors only have a lifespan of 7-10 years nothing is wasted, and we don’t find ourselves in a situation where we have a functioning battery, but the sensor has failed. We have tested that the monitor works on a few occassions, perhaps not as often as we should have done, though the battery has been tested on a regular basis. Looking at what is currently available I don’t see anything better, so have ordered an identical replacement.

37. Anna Tims says:

had no problem with the gadget, it has not gone off randomly.

If you read this post please inform friends and family of the below.

Smoke and carbon monoxide alarm rules extended (2022)

smoke alarms will be mandatory in all social rented homes

carbon monoxide alarms will be mandatory in rooms with a fixed combustion appliance (excluding gas
    cookers) in both private and social rented homes.

carbon monoxide alarms will also be mandatory upon installation of any heating appliance (excluding gas
    cookers) in all tenures through building regulations

landlords will be expected to repair or replace alarms once informed that they are faulty

38. Tod Marks says:

I got this item as it is now essential for the renewal of the Boat Safety Certificate. The engineer who carried out my test likes this type of display as it gives warning of lower levels of CO than is triggered by an audible warning alone.

39. MarjoriFulcher says:

40. Becky Bain says:

I got this to replace my last detector that kept alarming for no reason ( i have a back up downstairs) so I ordered this one for the display as well as the alarm. I have had fire angel products before and they are very good. Would recomend this unit. It sits next to the boiler cupboard looks nice.

41. JosieCulley says:

42. Jayme says:

Easy to install, stands well on the book shelf. Looks good, can’t comment on battery life as only had them a little while, but hopefully good. Bought to replace old monitors that we’ve had for about 7yrs.

Bought as replacement for a much older model whose battery life had ended. Just remove the battery tag to power up and fitted on old unit mounting screws. Nice and loud when using test button.

45. jimmykak says: