Kärcher WD 3 P Wet and Dry Vacuum [Energy Class A]

WD Banners
WD 3 P

Wet and Dry Vacuum

Tackle the toughest cleaning jobs with the Kärcher WD 3 P Wet and Dry vacuum cleaner, a robust machine capable of taking on the jobs too tough for your indoor vac. The WD 3 P syncs up with your power tools to keep mess to a minimum.

WD3 P
WD 3 P

Sync with your power tools

Keep mess to a minimum with the WD 3 P machine’s power tool triggered auto-start, which syncs the machine with your power tools.

WD 3 P

Get right into the corners

The WD 3 P blower function dislodges dust from corners and hard-to-reach places.

WD 3 P

For the toughest jobs

The WD 3 P is designed to tackle the jobs too tough for your indoor vacuum, taking on the most stubborn cleaning tasks in the car, garage and garden

WD 3 P

Space-saver

The WD 3 P has a compact design which makes the WD 3 P easy to move around and store.

WD 3 P Wet & Dry Vac

WD 5

WD 5 Wet and Dry Vac

AD 4

AD 4 Ash and Dry Vac

Product Weight (Kg)
5.8 3.1 4.5 7.1 8.2 5.4
Actual Suction Power (Aw)
210 180 220 240 150
Energy Use (W)
1000 18V Battery 1000 1000 1100 600
Container Capacity/ Material
17L / Plastic 7L / Plastic 12L / Plastic 20L / Plastic 25L / Plastic 17L / Metal
Suction Hose Length (M)

Dimensions: 38.8 x 34 x 50.2 cm; 5.8 Kilograms
Brand: Kärcher
Model: 16298840
Colour: Yellow
Colour: Yellow

1. Boyd1964uwyfg says:

Absolutely great item would recommend to friends can’t go wrong

2. TerraM02vzu says:

Does a very good job. The auto on is very useful when using with power tools. generous length power cord.

Thought I’d put a useful review that talks about the item not the delivery! I bought this about 2 years ago for use in house renovation work. I raved so much about it’s powerful suction and quietness that my wife nicked it off me and threw away her much more expensive Dyson. I bought one for my daughter during her house renovation and she says it’s the best Christmas present she’s ever had! (?) It’s not perfect but it’s the best vacuum on the market in my opinion. Oh and my next vacuum will be a Karcher!

4. KennethChambers says:

The water deflector on the outlet tends to jam up when pine needles are sucked up, it would function better if the outlet spigot larger and lower. The cable is too short for my use, but I wii extend it, I works. for the use thar I intended it fo

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersBought this on recommendation. Had some major DIY work coming up and didn’t want to ruin my rather expensive Shark….. more so, it has an extra feature on it where you plug a tool into the socket on the hoover, connect the hose to the dust extractor on the tool and when you press the power on the tool, it turns the vacuum on… and off when you release the trigger/switch.
    I have cringed at some of things i have sucked up in the vacuum, yet it keeps going without an issue. There is a hole on the back of the vacuum where you can plug the hose in as well – this turns it into a blower.

I always use a bag (for dry stuff) as it is easier to empty and clean, protecting the filter, but you don’t have to.

The main body of the vacuum has slots for all the tools….

a big advantage would be longer and retracting power cable, but it is still a very good vacuum

A great DIY buy, especially if use dust extraction tools that can connect to a vacuum. (adapter included for different size fittings)

6. AlisiaTaylor says:

Review of Karcher WD3P: Used for building dust/rubble. Lighter than old Karcher and has power take-off (great for corded sanding – pointless with cordless tools). Only drawback is no slide to reduce suction by opening a hole in the tube (great for reducing suction when you vacuum carpet/dust sheets/rockwool). So drilled a hole in one section of tube on this one to replicate the function.

7. Joe Rossignol says:

Really superb Vacuum for those Home DIY tasks. Very easy to use and exceeded expectations when used alongside my Makita Sander. Being able to plug in the Makita to the Karcher WD3P and control it worked really well, resulting in minimal dust in the house. So wish I had purchased it earlier. My only ask to Karcher would be to provide a longer hose as it is not long enough to reach ceilings when connected to a power tool like my Sander.

We have been living in a building site whilst our extension has been built. This machine is brilliant and sucks everything up including builders debris. Highly recommend it.

9. GiselleWilliam says:

11. SeymourWester says:

I bought this for my husband for Christmas as he’s always cleaning his car and to to go with the rest of his Karcher items.

He absolutely loves it!

He absolutely loves it!

He absolutely loves it!

I love this vacuum for its suction power. It has a lead and so it isn’t very movable. It isn’t so good for carpet cleaning.

15. Steven Hamley says:

Very powerful and great for cleaning carpet. It collects up hair very well and can be used outside.

18. ShoshanWinneke says:

20. DonnellTavares says:

This is my favourite vacuum cleaner and I’ve had some top names before! It’s easy to use, practical with the superb feature of being on 4 wheels which makes it glide effortlessly along as you move to clean. I’ve had it for about two months and so far haven’t even filled the first bag despite using the machine at least twice a week and having a dog and cats. Absolutely superb performance, suction and additional tools really excellen. Because the connections are slimline, it’s so much easier to get into nooks and crannies even without removing the main attachment. A very clever lightweight design and great for heavy duty usage.

21. WendellPaterson says:

I had another vacuum that I rigged up to the dust cyclone dust extraction for the power tools I use for wood working, though it was starting to lose it’s suction.
    Anyways I wasn’t sure I would use the pass through electrics which switch on the vacuums when you start the power tool. I did use one when they first came out twenty odd years ago, and it wasn’t great.
    I am delighted I did go for this model rather than the cheaper one without the passthrough electrics. It works well and the vacuum has plenty of suction. Also it’s handy to have the bag to take care of the finer particles.

22. JoelPulley says:

does the job good enough but I wish they would make the power cable way more flexible. very frustrating trying to untangle it.

23. Jacque says:

This vacuum is excellent but beware I regularly vacuum naked but one day after several glasses of white lightning managed to get my meat and two vedge stuck in the pipe the little devil wouldn’t let go but luckily my mother turned it off quickly resulting in my testicles being elongated

Nice and quiet. Plenty of suction. Nice and lightweight so it’s easy to move around. Saves a lot of work when linked to my Evo mitre saw.

It works well on with power tools collect the dust.

27. LuzAlbrecht says:

Excellent as dust extractor for small to medium tasks. I used it with belt sander and orbital sander and was great.

29. JulietSomervill says:

Used this on my false turf and resin patio after some building work. It works a treat. Brings up the pile on the turf and picked up all of the small bits of rubble left behind.

Good vacuum cleaner, it two pipe inlets, one for vacuum one for blowing out air. Ideal for pumping up air Ed’s and paddling pools

31. VanceTorrez says:

We bought this for our house we are renovating as it is full of dust and rubble. It had really good suction and was light weight. The only thing it could have done with was a brush for carpets. The one provided was better on tile or concrete but was a little awkward to use on carpets, was not easy to pull backwards and forwards. Maybe it should have come with one for tiles and one for carpets but other than that it is great!

I’ve had one of these for a few years now and it’s a great shop vac with lots of power. That you can plug tools in and use the auto start feature is brilliant. Connects to dust ports on tools easily. Bags can be difficult to remove when full but not a major fault. Forgotten how many times I’ve trodden on the hose by mistake but it pops back to shape every time. All in all a great vac for the price.

33. FredricSholl says:

If you are in the market for one of these I highly recommend them, however if you want a vacuum cleaner for the garage and accessories, buy the WD3.

If you want to use as a dust extractor with power tool pass through and activation buy the WD3P, although I would Recommend buying an additional hose extender.

Rationale

The WD3P is designed to take an additional load. The power chord is therefore more substantial and shorter. I have read a number of reviews complaining about the length of the power chord.
    Essentially this models prime role is not to get dragged round the house doing your floors, it is for power tool pass through primarily and the accessories supplied reflect this.

The WD3 is intended for thrashing your house or site cleaning. It has a longer thinner power lead and more accessories. It also comes with a 1.5m hose extender in the box which in my opinion is essential. This combined with the long cable means you can go from one end of the house to the other without moving the plug in any average size house. Also the WD3 supplies 5 bags while the WD3P only comes with one so you will need more bags quite quickly.

The supplied brushes with either machine are USELESS and clog up in seconds. Worst design I have seen EVER, so I adjusted my old Dyson brush to use with a reducer. There are ok after market options too.

Rationale

Rationale

38. opalbtidnwgxhpc says:

I am an electrician and use this vacuum with a chasing machine which i would say is tuff going. The only down side is i need lots of bags however i have not had to change the filter once and have been through around 100 bags so far. I do need to clean it though as any filter would, this vacuum is great value for money, i did however have to purchase the extension hose but that is no big deal. If you are purchasing this for chasing you need to make sure you have plenty of bags stocked up, i am using this in tandem with the metabo 3wheel chasing machine so the dust is allot more than a normal chasing machine and it performs really well. Great purchase

39. UchachFinch says:

I really like this vacuum. Excellent suction and relatively easy to manoeuvre although it does tend to fall over quite often
    The one problem Is the plastic pipe connector cracked which was really disappointing

Great suction,Best car hoover I’ve owned. Only down side is it could do with soft brush connection for doing dash.

42. SherrilCintron says:

I love this thing. It sucks like crazy, the bags last well and are quite cheap and it doesn’t seem to lose power as the bag fills up – unlike my Miele cylinder. I really like the way that you can attach to power tools – it has transformed jobs like rotary disc sanding as there is literally no dust left in the house/garage. In case you were wondering how it works with power tools (I was) you simply plug the saw/sander/grinder into the vac outlet socket then as soon as you switch the tool on the vac starts. The vac overruns for about 5s after the tool is switched off. You need to but the hose adapter to attach to a tool. Cut this carefully for a tight fit! We use it in the house now as it is so powerful and effective. A longer flex would be my only suggestion to improve.

44. AdriannaBaragwa says:

Good product and good value. Slightly disappointed because not all the nozzles were included in the box. Amazon sorted this for me. Otherwise I am very pleased with the vac. The feature allowing me to connect my power tools is particularly useful. I haven’t used it for wet pickup yet.