Russell Hobbs RHM2574 Digital Combination Microwave, 25 Litre, Stainless Steel [Energy Class E]

About the RHM2574

Cooking meals for family and friends or reheating large plates of food becomes simple and easy with 900 watts of microwave power and 10 auto cook menus.

The RHM2574 combination microwave has a 31.5cm wide removable glass turntable and a stainless steel interior for easy cleaning. It also has weight and time defrost settings, a child safety lock and a simple, functional control panel; including clock and digital timer.

It comes complete with a grill rack.

Multi-functional Cooking

The combination aspect enables you to combine microwave energy, a grill, and convection heating (fan assisted) so you can heat, roast, crisp and brown.

This makes the microwave ideal for cooking lasagnes, pizzas, baked potatoes and cottage pies.

The true fan assisted oven acts exactly the same as a conventional oven, which gives you the option of an extra cooking facility for large dinner parties and family gatherings.

Avoiding Mishaps

To avoid any microwave mishaps it is recommended to take extra care with the following:

Low moisture foods (eg. cereals, bagels, dried pasta, pulses and chocolate)

– These must be cooked on a low power level for a very short length of time, or preferably not at all.

High sugar content foods (eg. jams, syrups)

– These foods can become easily ‘super-heated’ when cooked in a microwave oven.

Foods containing alcohol

– Foods with an alcohol content must not be cooked in a microwave as they could ignite.

Foods with a membrane or outer skin (eg. fruits, sausages, potatoes)

– Food with a sealed or none porous skin must be pierced to allow pressure and steam to escape

Weight: 20 kg
Dimensions: 49.8 x 51.3 x 30.5 cm; 20 Kilograms
Brand: Russell Hobbs
Part: RHM2574
Colour: Stainless Steel
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Colour: Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 49.8 x 51.3 x 30.5 cm; 20 Kilograms

Nice quality microwave with stainless rust resistant interior, additional oven facility. Good item

Needs more clearance when on convection, and higher temperature than usual convection oven. Opener very stiff, but good buy and versatile

3. HiramHaight says:

I bought this because I thought it would be easier for my teenage son to use than my big oven. I also hoped the oven would be faster than my big oven.

I have not been disappointed. The oven is alot faster than my big oven probably because it heats up quickly. It is easy to use and my teenage son is happy using it as a microwave or oven.

It is large, easy to clean and looks nice in my kitchen.

We have not used the combination cooking options yet and have only used the grill once. But I am using it most days as a microwave or oven. I am delighted with it. I bought the used like new one and it came in original packaging with instuction manual. Looked like it had never been opened. Just slight damage to the packaging.

4. ClarissLaurens says:

works well and nice stainless finish. Won’t give 5 star because of points in which it is worse than my previous oven: lack of software sophistication (beeps horribly 5 times when finishes but does not remind when food left inside) and also for brainless red clock display (this color is reserved to call attention). Otherwise worth money.

Love it because it’s substantial, has many features, the best one for me is the grill, now I don’t have to use my grill on my oven and don’t have all the clean up afterwards. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Better than the Bosch one I had to return this one works

7. ClayFikesznzna says:

Lovely practical oven. Wonderful stainless steel interior. Very nice quality.

Really good combi microwave, very happy with it and would recommend

The microwave side of this oven works as expected although the controls are neither obvious nor easy to read.
    Having only had it a week I have only used the convection oven once – cook frozen chicken kievs. I was horrified to find that after the appropriate pre-heating and cooking times the bottom of the Kievs still cold when the top was cooked – and the butter in the had not frozen. The previous very similar model I had included a metal “tray on legs” on which you placed items to cook by convection oven, but there is nothing like that supplied. I am not sure whether to just use the metal tray on legs or to send it back.

This is a big microwave both inside and out – just be sure you have the space for it! I got this one mainly because it has a fully stainless steel interior …. our last two were painted and both started to rust within a year … this one shouldn’t. Microwaves well (we’ve not yet tried combi settings). Easy to operate with plenty of options. Recommended.

11. MindyKulakowski says:

This is a fantastic addition to my kitchen ,so glad I purchased it.
    I have had micros with non stick linings that just slowly peel off.Non stick gives of toxic fumes too,so toxic it kills pet birds .
    The stainless steel interior is beautiful bird ,safe and super easy to clean .
    Love all the extras too the grill and convector oven ,ups how much I can cook using this micro and my conventional gas hob and cooker .
    Well worth the every penny of its price.

12. EstelleP03 says:

I wanted an easy to operate digital microwave as my manual one was not accurate. I went on reviews and this one came out well. It’s slightly bigger than I expected but still fits on the counter top. Very easy to use and very pleased with it.

I liked that in a small flat it has all the needed functions, but the lead is sooo short that it was hard to find a space for it..need to buy a heavy duty extension so it can move to a better area of flat. The first one that got to me did a clucking sound when putting in the convection mode on, so had it replaced. Check well all functions.

14. tsemtulku says:

The back of this microwave is bulky plus I tried to use the grill part it doesn’t really work so good hence for future reference I’ll stick to conventional microwave.

15. StephanieDocker says:

The microwave and combination are very good and so far has worked well (I have had it around 2 months. The only thing I have found is the instructions could be made more simpler and more explicit at each stage about the danger of having the metal cooking stand inside the oven whilst using the microwave. It does say at the beginning but I would like to see it reiterated at every cooking stage description. But good oven and would buy again.

16. AshleyLayh says:

Haven’t used all the functions yet, but getting around to it. Old one wore out and wanted a stainless steel interior one which was hard to find at a decent price. Decided to pay a bit more for the extra functions as the ss interiors are more expensive and it didn’t cost that much more than their standard digital mode. Bought it to save on electricity as prices so high now I can’t really justify using a whole oven to warm up a quiche!

Touch the outer case with wet hands and it gives small electric shock
    After a few days I noticed a slight dent on the top.
    No baking tray as advertised…are these used returns? I wondered.
    The oven was well packaged so I suspect it was an ex-demonstration or possibly a return.
    The oven works well generally but the grill function is pretty much useless.
    10 minutes would not melt cheese or toast two slices of bread.
    However apart from slight defects and rubbish grill I am quite happy. The convection seems to work so why not the grill?
    My advice is check on arrival for dents, missing baking tray and electric shocks if hands are wet as even buttons gave me a shock. That can’t be right.

Came With Slight Dent/Gives Electric Shock

18. Rachel Cavanaugh says:

Wanted a fairly simple combi microwave to replace one that had developed a fault. Not wanting a fully electronic control model, came across this Russell Hobbs one at a really good price. On unpacking I suspect this is really made by the same company as the old one so, as that gave many years of good use, am really pleased. Just hope it performs and lasts as long as the previous one.

19. CarlaSills says:

very pleased with micro wave combie good value for price

This works well, the convection oven heats hotter than my old one.

The only criticism I have is that the amount of pressure you need to open the door pushes the whole oven back, this was got around by putting a rubber mat between the oven and the work surface.

othing to dislike about this microwave combination oven. Does the job it is designed to do–, need to leave the door open to remove any steam after cooking–haven’t had this problem with other microwaves! Slightly noisy when microwaving — not a problem though!

22. GregoryThrossel says:

Only had a few weeks, very impressed so far. Easy to use. Looks more expensive than price tag, but I see the greatest savings using the convection oven which preheats in a third of the time of my main oven. Tempeture output better than my last combi. Microwave function good also. Have not used grill.

23. BrittnyLemus says:

Don’t understand how some people are saying this hard to use or doesn’t cook properly, perhaps they didn’t take a few minutes to read the instructions!
    I have used both the microwave and convection and it works perfectly. It takes some adjusting as any new oven will! But cooked my pizza perfectly and looks nice. Really happy for the price too.

Really good!!

24. Claire Reilly says:

Easy to use ,once you master the controls and buttons.Use it for basic microwave tasks and conventional oven mainly.
    Easy to clean ,no problems so far.

Unfortunately I needed a new microwave urgently after my previous and very expensive microwave which I’d had for just four years developed a fault that made it impractical to repair economically so after searching for a suitable replacement model I ended up choosing this one and I’ve been more than delighted with it.

As a microwave it’s nothing spectacular and most decent microwaves will do the same job but, as a combination oven, now that’s quite a different story.
    My previous combination oven was pretty useless when it came to being used as a convection oven but this one is great and with a little adjustment to times and temperature I can trust it to produce results that I’d normally expect of foods cooked in a full sized oven.

I love Yorkshire Puddings and would normally use our regular oven for making them, so as an experiment when I first got it I made six using the same mixture ( muffin tin sized) in our regular oven and at the same time six in a muffin tin in the Russel Hobbs and there was no difference, both sets were perfect, in fact my other half said she preferred those from the new microwave.

In our fan oven, I can get perfect Yorkshires at about 190 degrees after about 20 minutes. With the Russel Hobbs, I simply set it at 210 deg and allow perhaps a further 4 minutes longer than normal and they’re perfect.
    If I’m making Yorkshires these days, my first weapon of choice is undoubtedly the microwave. It’s very useful when cooking full dinners as opening and closing to check other foods isn’t good when cooking Yorkshires.

I also make oven-dumplings to go with mince and I experimented last week and made my oven-dumplings in the microwave, they too came out perfect.
    I’ve cooked chicken portions in there from scratch, in fact other than size restriction, I can safely cook anything that I’d normally cook in our full sized oven.

As a microwave, initially it probably isn’t the most intuitive microwave I’ve ever used but a quick glance at the instructions will very soon resolve any confusion.
    I really can’t fault it as a combination microwave oven and is streets ahead of our previous combination oven which cost nearly double.
    It’s quite big but just what you’d expect from a family sized microwave so make sure you have the room for it.
    It’s certainly quieter than our previous microwave and other than showing fingerprints around the front of the door, I find it difficult to criticise.

One thing to mention was that I didn’t receive an oven tray as some advertising suggests but we kept the substantial tray from the old microwave so it wasn’t worth the effort chasing it up. The rack that comes with this oven however, is very useful.

A product I can fully recommend.

26. JeannetFink says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our Usersgreat combi microwave for the price. powerful & cooks well. nicer looking than in the pictures too.

My only minor niggles with this so far (a month in to ownership) has been that having the element on the ceiling of the box, that bit is difficult to clean; but it’s still stainless steel – so much nicer than some.

The other interesting point is that the internal light doesn’t shut off if the door has been left open (to allow steam to escape after cooking) unlike our previous microwave. That’s more of a problem in that the bulb appears to consume a massive 40W rather than the 3W LED I’d expect to see in here.

28. Alejandrina42F says: