Ryobi R18IW3-0 18V ONE+ Cordless 3-Speed Impact Wrench (Body Only)

Size: One Size
Dimensions: 23.2 x 80 x 200 cm; 1.58 Kilograms
Model: R18IW3-0
Colour: Multi
Manufacture: Ryobi
Colour: Multi
Size: One Size

1. CasimiraKilpatr says:

I got the chance to use this in anger today. I changed all four of my wheels. 20 nuts off and 20 nuts on. I used a torque wrench to finish fastening (to ensure security), but the tool was plenty strong enough to undo all the bolts without starting with the breaker bar. Some took longer to get going than others. But I am so impressed. And more than that, I did the lot on one 2Ah battery. And with that same battery I even went round and inflated all 4 tyres using the (incredible) cordless Ryobi inflator. Wish I’d bought both sooner.

Not too much use as yet and was toying with getting the Makita as I have loads of Makita batteries. But you can get an adaptor for the ryobi sets so they take Makita batteries. So much lighter than the Makita unit and so far impressed with its power! Glad I purchased this unit.

3. LucaFerrell says:

Fantastic bit of kit for the price 84. Used on my van wheels and brake calipers. Loosened the bolts with ease.

Battery didn’t take long to charge the price for what you get is perfect and very easy to iuse

When I brought this gun I was worried after reading reviews that it wasn’t undoing wheel nuts. I’m a mechanic and refuse to spend 700 on snap on of the same type. For the price this gun is brilliant. It hasn’t struggled undoing anything. Even to the point of undoing a 230nm rear hub nut. All these people that say it’s not undoing their wheel nuts are clearly the section of people that shouldn’t be working on cars and jump on a bar to tighten the wheel nuts. If you want a cheap gun for day to day motor trade work or any work, this is definitely worth it.

Great power. Nice that you have 3 different power settings. I use them like 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch. Battery doesn’t last long at all, so for 24.99 I upgraded to a non genuine 5ah one. Loads better. Definitely recommend for someone like myself who uses it onece or twice a week for car repairs. It’s an inbetweener. Definitely better than the cheapish ones (I’ve tried them) , but probably not as good as the 300+ ones (I’ve not tested it against them though)

This is a great product I have a classic car the wheels nuts where well and truly rusty
    absolutely no problem at all with this product it was brillia

8. MilanESSlncrgy says:

I bought this to take on track days and quickly switch from slicks to wets and vice versa. This gun is a powerhouse! The price is really good too when compared with other named brand impact wrenches. I love that it came with some sockets. The bag is so much handier than a box because you can just throw everything you need into the bag and go. The battery life is great, I haven’t run out of charge over an evening session yet. Very much loving this wrench, and recommend it to everyone!

Good product does what it says on the box. No fiddling with small pins. Price reflects on the quality but you pay for what you get.

Bought to remove wheel lugs, suspension bolts and to work a ball joint press. Does all three really well.

11. HershelWeldon says:

Used a couple times so far and does exactly what it is supposed to do, highly recommended

Need a nut or bolt unfastened in a timely manner? This’ll do it.
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s not got the mega torque possiblities of the Snap On ones etc, however for general usage for car maintenance, this covers things nicely. Highly recommended.

13. RamiroMcCormack says:

Excellent tool, great value for the money and it does the job also came with a attachment that turns it.into an impact screw driver as well!!

14. Ronan Glon says:

I use this on my car, doesn’t get the stuck stuff but it does save me a lot of time on the little stuff and when a bolt is cracked off. The three settings are really useful. I was disappointed with the overall power and I do think for what I’m using it for I should have gotten a better more expensive one

15. Jefferson6947 says:

Works as well as my mains powered one. Does need a 4 or 5 amp battery for prolonged use though. Great where no electricity is available.

Bought for my husband as he was struggling while repairing a car. He’s extremely happy with it and said it’s more than powerful enough for the jobs intended and wished he’d of bought one years ago instead of struggling.

Does what it says on the tin. Good tool. Plenty of torque.

If you do purchase this I’d advise the upgraded battery

Great product, does all i need of it. For garage use its great. Not as powerful as snap on etc but does what i need at a fraction of the price.

20. KindraAshburn says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

For the money not terrible. Bought it in a desperate bid to get a job done that day because it was available locally – given the choice I’d have bought a better gun online.

It’s ok in most scenarios but useless on big stuff when the battery is a little down. Had a few bolts it won’t shift.

And when you consider if you shop around you can get a DeWalt dcf899, battery and charger for maybe 50-60 more all in (seperate buys) that’s what I would have gone for as it offers significantly higher torque and affordable expandability into a better range of tools.

In itself not a bad tool just not all that if you can go a little higher and purchase with care.

Even with my existing battery 2Ah, it removed stuck wheel nuts with ease. I have used it a lot since buying, and it is very effective. You may need to use proper impact sockets though; it is so powerful, it will sometimes round off nuts if a 12 point socket is used.

22. M.C. says:

I had been thinking about buying one for a while now to add to my small selection of Ryobi 1 tools. So glad I did go ahead and buy it. My son had a car wheel locking stud which would not move with my small compressor and impact wrench or with a breaker bar. Last evening after it arrived we tried it on the stubborn locking nut. It took a couple of goes at the different settings before it finally came out on the highest setting. Had it not been for the Ryobi it would have meant getting someone to drill out the stud, which would not have been easy.

23. Mike Pettigano says:

The impact is fantastic and of professional standard. The unit I was sent however had definite signs of prior use even though it was sold as ‘New’.

I don’t mind buying used but the condition should be reflected in the description and price.

Good impact driver. Make sure you have a good battery for i

I bought this for my Dad and he loves it. Says it’s a good solid piece of kit and he’d buy more of their stuff.

26. NCGPercyrimot says:

These Ryobi’s are a healthy addiction, from which there is no cure…my collection is growing as if seeded in my man cave….This one a powerful, compact, well made tool that works like hell! So surprised at this small impact wrench; Tyre rotation, no problem. Install a trailor hitch, no problem…don’t have to use cheater bars ever again. So many DIY uses, so little time…

Owned it for 2 years now it’s been hard working and never let me down. 5amp battery works the best with this aswell.

28. EmilieKopf says:

Nice looking, well balanced and quick but I’ve tried it now on several cars and it hasn’t managed to undo a single wheel nut, once released with a breaker bar they didn’t seem overly tight, so a little disappointing, maybe time to move forward to a Milwaukee.

Love it, changed a gearbox in a rusty old zafira, was skeptical at first with varied reviews, but there was not a nut or bolt it wouldn’t take off, so glad I didn’t pay 300 plus for one

Good gun put bigger battery I did good gun tho but if you use on cars put a bigger battery on i

Main use is for wheel change/rotation on multiple 4×4’s

Rusted absolutely solid? Your fault and most cordless units will struggle. Need a breaker bar or air tool but for normal use absolutely fine.

Use a 4.0 or 5.0Ah battery (decent aftermarket unit is fine) as the extra current really helps.

Very good value especially you already have One+ ki

Bought this to undo the notorious screws that hold the brake disks to the hub on my Civic. It came with a collet for 1/4 hex bits and using a PZ2 impact duty bit had the screws out in a few seconds. Previously this job has ended in broken screwdrivers and the eventual drilling out of the offending screws. Not a tool I will use often but still a valuable ‘secret weapon’ when jobs that should have been straightforward go awry. Just my opinion but I think this will do its best work with one of the larger batteries, I have a 4.0 and a 5.0 already for my Ryobi brushless drill.

33. Celia18Iwnon says:

Proper job , easy to use and tough , I already have the drill and wanted to add to the collection. It’s a cool idea one battery fits all

34. TatianaRupp says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersIf your a DIY mechanic this is a must tool to have! i’ve changed brake pads and discs with speed and ease on a 7 year old KIA Sportage,(first time replacement) also the top suspension mounts(first time replacement), pads and discs on a 10 year old Ford Mondeo, it cracked the the wheel nuts and all suspension nuts with ease! just make sure the battery is fully charged before you start and it should see you through the whole job !

35. AmmoLand Editor Duncan Johnson says:

Bought to use in garage with my 5 amp battery fitted it tackled wheel nuts and suspension bolts with ease

very good tool to use and i like the option of 3 speeds

37. StefanClisby says:

Really good value for money, body is very light fit an impact gun, works best with the 5 amp battery.

38. HallieEstrada says:

Own ryobi tools already they are reliable & really are a pro tool ! This one is no exception!

39. RaymondReinke says:

I bought this for a specific job on the car which it completed with ease where hand tools had failed. I chose this make as I already had two of their larger batteries which go with a drill. The drill has given no problems although the charger failed twice while under warranty. So initial impressions are good but I will have to wait and see if it is up to long term use. I don’t believe that this tool is rated for professional use only domestic.

I bought this expressly to use on wheelnuts, but even on ‘3’ I sometimes have to ‘crack’ them with a bar.
    Putting wheelnuts on at setting ‘2’ takes them to around 90lb/ft so it’s just 1 or 2 grunts with the torque wrench to get to my required 95lb/ft.
    Good value and works well enough, but it won’t flip your car over!

Does exactly what I wanted it to do, won’t budge wheel bearing sized nuts, but anything around wheel nut size no problem, good value for money.

Combined with the One+ high pressure inflator makes a great emergency wheel change set. Bag easily fits both tools and a battery.

43. Catherine Balavage says:

Warranty with new units and price differential is too little between this and new uni

44. JoseEsp says:

This piece of equpment has exceeded my expectations: I’ve had no difficulty undoing a variety of bolts and nuts on my car. I was quite impressed when the wheel hub retaining nut, which I had tightened up to 320Nm the previous time I worked on my car, just came flying off the driveshaft. However, as some reviewers have said, a crank shaft pulley bolt may be too much for this impact wrench, but then again, it’s not something that an average DIYer has to deal with on a regular basis.
    I always try to think in the long term, so my only concern is: Will I still be using my Ryobi in, say, five years’ time? Had I bought a Makita, I wouldn’t have to think about that question 🙂

45. MindaGoodchild says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI’m slowly replacing all my powertools with Ryobi. Got this to remove that one rusted trailer wheel nut out of eight, but wasn’t sure it would have the power. After plenty of WD40 and at lowest speed it moved the nut but didn’t get it right off. Soaked the nut overnight and second speed almost got it. Lost patience, tried top speed and it sheared the bolt!