Tefal ActiFry Genius XL 2in1 YV970840 Air Fryer – 1.7 kg / 8 Portions

ActiFry Genius 2in1

Cutting Edge Air Frying

Trying to get all the parts of a meal ready at the same time so that nothing’s cold or overdone can be tricky. 2in1 technology takes care of it. Fancy crispy chips and juicy chicken? Easy, just select the chips program for the bottom then select the chicken program for the top tray. Set your chips and when it’s time the 2in1 program will beep tell you to add the tray with your chicken. Everything will be ready at the same time: total genius, which must be why we’re the UK’s No.1 air fryer brand.

2 cooking zones: bowl and tray, 3 different ways to use it
Prepare your ingredients

Step 1

Prepare your ingredients

Program the bowl and tray

Step 2

Program the pan and tray

When the bowl has cooked, add your tray

Step 3

When the pan has cooked, add your tray

Enjoy a delicious meal!

Step 4

Enjoy a delicious meal!

1. Free App with over 300 recipes

ACTIFRY APP

If you’re stuck for inspiration, don’t worry there’s a free app with tons of recipes that have been created just for the ActiFry. Plus, the app is updated regularly.

Available on IOS and Android

2. The pan and the tray

2 cooking zones

• 9 programs for the pan
    • 6 programs for the tray

Programs for bowl and tray
  3. Make the most of your time!

EXPRESS TECHNOLOGY

30% faster than other none ActiFry Genius models

Express technology
  4. Ultimate versatility

FROM BREAKFAST TO DINNER

Enjoy some tasty Granola with coconut for breakfast!

Granola coconut
  5. Ultimate versatility

LUNCH BREAK

Thanks to the two cooking zones have a scrumptious burger with crispy sweet potato fries for lunch.

Burger with fries
  6. Ultimate versatility

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE DESSERTS!

Bake a delicious marbled chocolate cake topped with caramel.

Marbled chocolate cake

ActiFry Genius+

Dimensions: 48.9 x 38 x 29.5 cm; 1.7 Kilograms
Brand: Tefal
Model: SERIE O40-A
Colour: Black
Colour: Black

Very easy to use and make lovely food. Easy to clean. Perfect all round.

2. LaraeSeaton says:

I had my doubts about air fryers but my god these things are amazing, quick & economical
    So far done chips, roast pots, vegetables, pork, chicken and all were cooked perfectly.

Only 2 negative points about this model, 1st is the top/lid/glass gets super hot so would have been better if the lid had a larger handle.
    2nd is the beep to alert to the end of cooking is so quiet that if you’re not in the kitchen you will never hear it.

Overall outstanding bit of kit.

3. RaleighBellino says:

I’ve had a Tefal paddle air fryer for many years and always used it for chips. The old one eventually fell apart after 9 years or so and it was time for a new one. I bought a mid range Ninja and was highly disappointed with unevenly cooked chips despite regular shaking. Eventually decided to get back to the Tefal and bought the Genius+. It was a warm welcome back to decent chips. The Ninja hasn’t gone to waste though as we are now using the Ninja as an oven substitute at half the energy price of a full sized oven, when appropriate.
    In summary, if it’s chips you want this is the best one to buy. Don’t forget to add a measure of vegetable oil for crispiness and a good colour.

4. saken says:

For an upgrade of the original absolute brilliant do most of my cooking in this would highly recommend

5. Otto Kratky says:

The actifryer is a brilliant appliance! It serves my purpose much better than an airfryer, especially for chips!
    It’s very easy to clean too!

This is the first air fryer I have purchased.
    Contents as expected and in perfect condition.
    It is basically a hairdryer with a temperature control and a timer and it is quite noisy to the point that volume on music playing in kitchen needs +2 to overcome the noise.
    Cooking items is really easy, chips take less time, about 33% less time and there is no pre-heating of oven required so theoretically saving energy and some money which was invested upfront in buying the air fryer.
    Frozen chips state 30mins on cooking instructions but they are easily done in 20-21minutes with the rotating paddle fitted for even cooking. There are nine preset cooking times and temperatures as well as manual settings.
    Scampi and similar breaded items, onion rings, tend to be broken up by the paddle so I have found it has to be removed for those items which is disappointing, a manual stir at half way point is sufficient for even cooking. The scampi has to be placed opposite side of filter else uneven cooking occurs. The paddle simply clicks in or out of the centre of bowl and cleans easy. An alternative, less aggressive paddle for breaded food stuffs would make a great addition to this model. The bowl with an integrated fold down handle is very non-stick and can be quickly washed and dried. The unit is the larger model and takes up a fair bit of kitchen top, front to back. Hot air is exhausted from the sides around the lip of the lid. The lid can be easily removed/replaced for cleaning. I find the cooking temperature and times are easy to set and unit will automatically go into a keep warm mode post cooking if items not required for a little while.
    The end of cooking is sounded by several beeps, which is unnecessary as the noticeable forced hot air noise goes away.
    I find the unit is not as stable as I would like it to be and it was slightly unnerving to begin with. It seems to be designed as a three point contact to kitchen top and I can sometimes find I can easily tilt it off slightly to one side when interacting with the unit, although I do note that it never tips fully over.
    There also appears to be an optional basket to purchase for ‘delicate’ food stuffs like scampi which rotates within the bowl but from what I have read nothing else can then go into the bowl.
    Generally, I like it as it achieves the purpose it was intended for, which is cooking small quantities of chips and scampi and for the ease of cleaning. I would have bought the smaller unit but wife insisted on this larger model for when we have visitors and on that point I would make use of the larger gas oven!
    Update March 2022:
    Purchased the snack basket and you can continue to cook other food stuff in the space below, however, the stirring paddle has to be removed for the snack tray to fit.
    Tefal Actifry Express XL Family 1.5Kg Frying Basket/Chip Tray Mesh Snacking Grid https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01672QUXK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_Q88Y3WNKWS513VXKA2NC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It’s quick and good for frozen chips and scampi

Easy to use and to keep clean cooks food well value for money

8. JulissaBoyette says:

I bought this to replace my old air fryer. It is simple to use and easy to clean I love i

Love my actifry so easy to use easy to clean quick and easy to use looks nice too

10. VincentLamson says:

It was only through friend recommendations that we decided to get one. The food tastes great and the grill and oven stay clean. Win win.

This does excellent roast potatoes with a few sprays of sunflower oil, delicious

12. RosalinBurden says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI have had several actifry’s over the years and decided to upgrade to this version due to the dual tray. The machine itself is defiantly the smartest one i have owned and i really like the new design. It’s tall but still fits on my worktop and slides under my kitchen cupboard fine. The food cooks well and is no different to any of the previous actifrys i have owned. Chips taste great in this, and with minimal oil you can indulge that little bit more often. The only thing i dont like about the machine is the controls. To start with it took me forever to work out how to only switch on the top cooking tray.. the instruction book is pretty useless and didn’t really explain it that well. The touch pad isn’t wonderfully responsive either. Whatever you do don’t loose the manual either as you will need it to work out your cooking programme as they are listed as numbers on the touchpad. There are icons like fish and chicken but not every food is described by an icon. The one thing i hate about this new design, and what i would describe as a major flaw is that you have to have the stirring paddle in the bottom section of the fryer if you wish to use the top section of the fryer. Therefore if you cook anything that may go slightly soft such as croquets in the bottom section they will be a mashed potato mush if you wish to use the top cooking plate also. I wish tefal had of included a separate stand for the upper plate without the need for the stirring paddle. Cleaning of the unit is ok… as always anything where you use oil requires additional elbow grease. Keep on top of the cleaning or else it will be a nightmare! A wipe down inside and out is a must after every use. Top Tip – press and hold the button that looks like a sombrero button if you wish to swap between the top and bottom cooking modes!

Great airfryer actifry is the best! The snacking tray is a good addition too we have the original actifry too and it always was annoying that certain things couldn’t go in and turn, there’s no temp control but you really don’t need it things cook evenly because of the rotation of the tray or the paddle, seriously the best chips come outta this thing, every time!

14. Karisa Langlo says:

Tefal ActiFry – 5 Stars

I recently purchased one of these for my mother who’s now retired. But unfortunately Amazon didn’t know about this and delivered it before Christmas, without any wrapping. Just a Box. So it ruined the surprise. The second thing is that it was not delivered on time and that was stressful for my Mum. But anyway after it finally arrived the next day and the emotional pain had been gotten over – my Mum decided to do a test run. And I’ve never heard her so happy. Which is amazing from an Air Fryer so well done Tefal. Makes me proud I spent the extra money on this fryer for my Mum. I even got the combination of frier and book and my Mum commented that she loves it more than she loves Tennis! Couple of minor snags – 1) it’s not THAT easy to clean and I found cleaning the Paddle particularly challenging – especially after melting the cheese wedge. 2) Ease of use – I gave three Stars because if you work for NASA this is obviously a piece of Cake (fried Cake) – but if not – well it takes some getting used to. My Mum was actually crying into the thing on Boxing Day because she couldn’t start it. 3) Temperature Control – whilst it’s true it has a Manual mode I would have liked to have a better range in temperature – maybe in shorter increments. Maybe a software Hotfix could later fix this but I don’t think it connects to the internet – but I might be mistaken – my Internet is always playing up. Anyway – long story short – and absolutely fantastic piece of kit that I would always recommend to anyone who has a Mum – just don’t do what I did and try to Heat up Cornflakes – it ended badly. Buy!

I love these! Excellent piece of kitchen equipment, a must have. Worth every penny! 5

16. StewartDrummond says:

Having previously owned the original 1kg ActiFry that reached its end of life, we bought this as its replacement. This 1.2kg model is taller, but has roughly the same footprint. Likewise, its frying pan is taller due to an additional clip around the edge and has a narrower stirring paddle. This made its capacity deceptive as we ended up cooking way too many chips on its first use. 750g of frozen chips take roughly 31 minutes and 1kg of fresh chips take roughly 35 minutes. Our previous ActiFry took 40 and 50 minutes, respectively for the equivalent brownness.

Although the booklet recommends cooking frozen chips without oil, we found these chips come out much taster with a full spoon of olive oil, as with the previous ActiFry. Then again, even this only works out like a teaspoon of oil per person when split between 3-4 people. For freshly cut chips, we could not tell any difference in crispiness between putting in chips wet of completely dry, so we just use a strainer after rinsing the chips and put them straight in the pan with a full spoon of oil. This saves a lot of time trying to dry them and one less towel to wash. It’s no like a deep fryer where wet chips can boil over. Anyway, the air fryer no doubt dries the chips anyway in the first minute or two of operation, like using a hand dryer.

Like the original ActiFry, this also cooks breaded and pastry products very well, without burning or drying out, an issue we have trying to do such products on a health grill. As it does not require the paddle to use, we can also cook multiple single serving pies and it has a temperature control just like a fan oven. This means we can cook various small items without the running cost of using our main oven and it does not require preheating either. We have yet to try stir frying or other products, but then again we mainly do our stir frying with a cook top wok.

While our original ActiFry cooked sausages very well, we decided against using this new ActiFry for sausages and other greasy food based on how difficult the original 1kg ActiFry was to clean afterwards. Just like a frying pan, sausages and meatballs spatter grease droplets against the top window, which over time caused the window to go dark brown on our original ActiFry. The grease was also difficult to clean off the paddle, pan rim, crevices, etc. which no doubt would be the case with the new ActiFry. So while the ActiFry can cook what a health grill can cook, we still use our George Foreman for greasy food.

Finally, while this is expensive compared to other Air Fryers, the main reason we bought another was due to inexpensive replacement parts, such as when the paddle and handle broke on the original ActiFry. The motor finally failed, but that was after 7 years, where we typically used it twice a week. Our previous deep fryers only lasted a few years, not to mention to cost of replacing 3 litres of cooking oil every month. The second big advantage is not having to shake the chips during cooking – We just load the pan and leave it be until the time is up, after which it automatically switches off and plays a tune.

17. AhmedHaviland says:

I loved my Breville Halo+. The spinning action on air fryers is an essential feature and I was going to buy the same one again but it seems to be discontinued (don’t know why because it is a great machine)
    I found out that the best replacement would be one of these Tefal ActiFry and I had the Acifry Genius + which had similar dimensions to my late fryer. I tried it and returned one hour after, just when I discovered that the machine cannot work without the paddle due to leaving the engine exposed to food, steam and liquids. That stops to fry pieces of fish, croquettes, or any other soft meal which would be broken by the paddle jostling.
    More investigation and in the end, even it is bigger than I wanted, I had the ActiFry Genius XL 2 in 1. This version still has a pan with a paddle that cannot be removed, but the issue is sorted out because it has a second level on top, which is a tray with no paddle but still spins on function.
    This tray works well for the mentioned soft meals like fish, croquettes etc.
    I have tried it over Saturday for 5 different dishes including fresh home potato fries and chicken nuggets, vegetable croquettes, roasted salmon and mushroom paninis, with very good results. The possibility to program the 2 levels separately or combined is interesting, even I still think that the Breville Halo+ had a clever inclined spinning option which made the same effect with no paddle, and it covered that way all the needs in a compact size over the worktop ….

Once u get the hang of it ur going to use nothing else,healthy meals for all the family

From what I have seen since purchase, it does its job very well. we will see how it goes from here

20. EulahAlbrecht says:

(genius, 1.2kg) I bought an Original years ago, but it doesn’t look the same as the one they’re currently calling ‘original’. Mine didn’t have any programs, or timers, or auto switch offs and lid was filthy, so decided to buy this new one with xmas prezzy money.
    I thought I’d compare physical sizes so tried putting the old bowl, splash guard and stirrer into the new one. They’re the same size! I’m delighted at this as it means I don’t need to throw the older parts away.
    I tried a portion of chips first, just one, large, peeled baking potato cut into thinnish fries. Selected the chips program and it offered 31 mins. Pressed the start button. Off it went and 31 mins later stopped the motor plus sounded an alarm.
    Embarassed to say, I didn’t realize the lid could be removed for dishwashing on the old one. Which was a major reason in replacing it with the new. But now Im aware how to do it and as the old one is still working I need to find room for 2 of them 🙂

21. KishaKulikowski says:

Just what I wanted no more oil smells around the house cooks well

22. Misty says:

I preferred my old actifry. Was much easier to use. I am 78 years old and found my old one much simple

23. BrittneyUribe says:

Provides an excellent and healthier alternative to ordinary frying – my entire family loves eating sausages, burgers, steak, hash browns and chips cooked on our new actifryer!

24. JerrellTier says:

This is the best kitchen appliance I have ever bought, easy to clean and operate.

25. EmeliaBrice says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

This was just what we needed every thing works as required

Fabulous fish and chips, even better then from the chippy. Just love this machine.

27. ArthurAndrade says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Very good easy to use and clean cannot fault it so fa

I have used actifry air fryers for several years . so versatile . the paddle moves the food to cook it evenly .

East to use and clean can even do stir fry’s. Only down fall is the outside get red ho

30. Sophie Flowers says:

Cooks food fast and makes meat succulent and tender. Takes away most of the mess and convenient. Why bother with a cooker when uv got this bad boy