TomTom Car Sat Nav GO 520, 5 Inch with Handsfree Calling, Siri, Google Now, Updates via WiFi, Lifetime Traffic via Smartphone and World Maps, Smartphone Messages, Capacitive Screen, Black, Grey

Updates via Wi-Fi

Get the latest maps and software for your TomTom GO via built-in Wi-Fi. No computer needed. Your sat nav will notify you when new updates are available – simply connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network and choose what to instal from the menu.

Smartphone Messages

Hear text messages from your smartphone safely, with your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road. Let your TomTom GO read them out for you or simply call contacts who message you via hands-free calling. All while the phone stays in your pocket.

Compatible with Siri and Google Now

Activate and talk to Siri or Google Now by tapping a button on your TomTom GO and using its built-in microphone. Get full access to your personal assistant with your phone safely tucked away in your bag or pocket saving battery life.

Hands-free Calling

Your TomTom GO’s speaker and microphone are designed for high-quality, hands-free calls in the car. Simply connect your phone via Bluetooth. You’ll clearly see who’s calling on your sat nav’s screen. Your phone stays safely away saving battery.

Lifetime Maps Europe Europe Europe World World
Speed Camera Updates 3 Months 3 Months 3 Months Lifetime Lifetime
Mount Reversible Integrated Mount Reversible Integrated Mount Reversible Integrated Mount Active Magnetic Mount Active Magnetic Mount
MyDrive Cloud App ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Lifetime TomTom Traffic Via Smartphone Connection Via Smartphone Connection Via Smartphone Connection Via built-in SIM
Hands-free Calling ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Destination Prediction ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
Updates via Wi-Fi ✓ ✓ ✓
Smartphone Messages ✓ ✓ ✓
Compatible with Siri and Google Now ✓ ✓ ✓

Dimensions: 1.86 x 14.2 x 9.06 cm; 201 Grams
Model: L133659
Batteries Included: 1 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)
Manufacture: TomTom
Dimensions: 1.86 x 14.2 x 9.06 cm; 201 Grams
Origin: China

Use for delivery of at least 20 address a day without a p

Welcome upgrade to my old SatNav. Did a brilliant job on a recent long journey. Interface is more complicated than my old SatNav but I think I’ll get used to it.

3. LeroyW44moqzx says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersReason to buy was because I rented one for rental company in Florida cost 80 2 weeks. Bought this now have USA and Europe so win win awesome buy.
    Plus Tom Tom customer service top marks 100%

Whilst I love the larger screen and the improved response times I am really disappointed that POI’s has been withdrawn. Now that was really helpful!

5. AlyssaSimos says:

Huge, responsive touch screen, and great quick disconnect system for easy storage in the car.

6. ValerieCoons says:

There is nothing to dislike. If you want more features,buy a more expensive one.

Again can’t beat tomtom great sat nav screen size is amazing but the accuracy of the live traffic is amazing

8. LinBrabynnfdxc says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Very happy haven’t tried it out yet but will on Monday

9. EnriqueKellerma says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Easy to use, easy pairing with other devices, great upgrade.

10. shopblogs411 says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Easy to use the voice recognition works well, the things I really like is it just clips onto the window bracket.

Would of got 5 stars but the voice recognition can be sketchy at best the live traffic is good and gets you to where you need to go without issues

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Been bought an garmin 61 lmts from other site and i have to send it back horrible experience is routing me to death end but this one tomtom is next level,traffic better,maps better,route calculation better,speed cams location better so it is better in any aspect.

Though had few issues setting it up, but can’t fault the accuracy of Tom Tom. MY drive is a great feature , search address, add and on you go. Provides great details about parking close by. Charges up quick but sadly doesn’t last very long, but can be used with cable attached for long distances. Free world maps for life is just icing on the cake. Great product, on discounted price. Thumps up

I bought this as replacement for a Tom Tom Go 520, which after 3 or 4 years has started turning itself off and restarting for no apparent reason. The 620 seemed like a good buy, with very similar features and layout to the 520, but with the addition of hands free voice readout of incoming text messages. The unit did not work for data traffic or text reading, as claimed. Customer support was via a talk screen set up on Tom Tom’s website. They advised resetting the unit to factory settings. It is not possible to talk via telephone. Text support advised that it was connected in settings but it still didn’t work. Traffic data still would not latch on, and showed unconnected in settings. Although neither of these features work, I can’t face the rigmarole of website chat, and as all the other features work I decided to use the sat’ nav’ without the text a traffic. Just a tiny bit disappointing, but these features aren’t deal breaker.

This is as reliable as all other TomTom satnavs I’ve had in the past, in as much as it does everything a TomTom satnav is supposed to do, but with a bigger screen. I use it every day in my job because of the traffic avoidance feature. It has easy to migrate/import POIs (unlike the built-in satnav in my car you can do this using a PC). If you use it with the MyDrive app on your phone you never have to worry about moving your POIs across to another TomTom satnav as it’s all stored in the cloud and is automatically available. Very intuitive menu system, natural looking colours that resemble an OS map, optional automatic day/night display at preset times, full post code search. I have tried other brands but none are as good as TomTom, although there does seem to be roughly a five year unofficial life expectancy on the hardware.

16. Clara McMichael says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Really good satnav as you would expect from Tom Tom, good update system too no computer required!
    Bluetooth Phone connection is glitchy it breaks up a lot which it very annoying, it’s what lets it down please tomtom rectify!

17. [email protected] Anonymous says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersTomTom is a confused and confusing company. You only have to visit its website to see that its available products are different from those listed on Amazon. Its customer service is very poor: you cannot email it, the ‘phone service is discontinued, and the webchat does not work (at the time of writing). The only communication that does function is its Users Forums, which actually seem quite good, but you have to work to find them.
    Contacting TomTom is particularly relevant because I purchased the GO 520. At least that is what Amazon said it was and the TomTom box was very clear that that was what it was. However, the device only had Europen maps (not World) and a trial version of the speed cameras (not for life). I spent about 1.5 hours with Amazon trying to resolve this. They were very helpful, but ultimately I was given three choices: contact TomTom, receive a refund, or accept a replacement. I chose the latter, only to find the same problem. Having set up both devices, I could then see on the TomTom website that the devices were listed as Essential 520 and not Go 520. The solution was to use the TomTom forums and ask for them to be fixed. A few days later and the devices were reconfigured over wifi and shown as GO 520s. Clearly, the difference between the two is merely the software.
    I have had the GO 520 before – it was stolen – and I knew what to expect. It is a good satnav. Years ago, both it and Google Maps were (very) occasionally error-prone in locations, but I think that, in the UK, they are both accurate now. In my opinion, it is better than most, and certainly better than an earlier Garmin that I had. It is, however, probably looking a bit old and could do with some new features. In particular, I am not sure how well it handles charging zones – and most particularly if it warns about them and how to avoid them. But it is a good basic satnav and worth paying the extra in its price for ‘lifetime’ maps and speed cameras. Otherwise, the costs of subscriptions are, frankly, outrageous.
    I would buy it again.

Great price. Easy to use . Speed camera system works …. not 3 points What is not to love

19. ErwinLizotte says:

Really easy to use, good options such as setting home/work address, very clear and well marked directions on screen including highlighting proximity to petrol/cameras etc. Easy to assemble and plug in, takes up minimal space when storing. Very pleased with this purchase.

20. Ciannah Gin says:

he GO620 is a nice device and I hope it lasts longer than the previous Go Essential that lasted less tan 4 years. Tom Tom support is very basic and could not offer any meaningful advice other than a 90 plus cost for return repair. Web site confusing, not up to date and looks designed by amatuers.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I had a very old Tomtom device and in 2019, decided to replace it with a Garmin, which unfortunately was a disaster. It kept taking me down the most obscure roads imaginable. Prior to a trip this year I decided to go for a new TomTom device and this one hasn’t disappointed, some initial issues with the sound (if you turn off voice control, the device won’t talk back, note). It’s good to see how much these devices have improved. The sat nav is much easier to read, the battery life is much better, and despite being bigger, the unit attaches to the windscreen without falling off every ten minutes. The navigation is clear and conicse. Glad I bought it.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

This is my second TomTom GO. I really like them and like the larger screen vs the 520. In general they are excellent. These would get a 5* if TomTom would only fix these two problems:
    1. Plans routes through bus lanes (just got a fine 🙁 )
    2. Where you have an address with a postcode but no house number you have to guess the house number and this could be miles (literally) from the centre of the postcode. I missed an important event because of this.
    3. Erratic connecting iPhone to device for traffic.

I would still recommend to buy this device but look out for bus lanes!

Tbh was really looking on upgrading my tomtom go sat nav I’ve had for about 5 years as it’s been very good and still works but with the price being 129.99 it seemed to good not to buy and so glad I did

Good points is can now update via WiFi and easy to add destination on the app and send to device so when you turn it on it’s already there and just need to start journey,connects pretty quick tbh to GPS then my other one and the sound is loud and clear,touch screen is also improved aswell as sometimes didn’t register on my old one,installed with lifetime map updates and speed cameras which will come very handy for the future

Had a hard carry case for my old one which I tried and good job didn’t buy one as the mount won’t fit in it,bought one from ebay that’s like a little laptop carry bag for 7.99 and is an excellent purchase to store the sat nav and everything else

Travel bag case for tomtom go 6200,620,via 62,start 62 with accessories storage from digicharge seller for 7.99

Highly recommend sat nav and bag case

24. MohammePlunkett says:

At first, I bought a Tomtom with a resistive screen. I returned it because, though it was a 6-inch screen, I couldn’t see anything in the daylight hours. But the Go620 is perfect for me. Happy.

25. KarolinASUI says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our Users***updated***

I purchased this to replace my old TomTom that had outdated maps. The reason why I went for this model is that it states it has lifetime maps, lifetime cameras, and lifetime traffic included! I used it to go away on holiday a few days after I bought it and it was ok the traffic updates etc were pretty good! The problem came a couple of weeks later when I needed to travel 60 miles away it came on and it stated that my traffic updates had expired? I tried sort it out but it just kept saying I needed to purchase a subscription! As I needed to be somewhere I decided to try and sort it later. When I got within a mile of my destination the TomTom kept trying take me down a dead end due to roadworks that had completely dug the road up. I had no way of diverting it as it wouldn’t update and every road I turned down was a dead end and I had never been to that area. It took me 30 mins to try and figure out how to get to my destination as my TomTom was useless!

When I got back home to sort the traffic updates out but trying get tech support for this issue has so far been useless! Ive tried contact Amazon support, TomTom support via the app, TomTom support via their Facebook page and TomTom support via their website but it’s all automated “bots” that don’t seem to understand my problem!

Update:

I received a response from the Facebook message the following day and the above Traffic update is now resolved. I’ve yet to use it but it’s showing up in the settings as updated. So if you need any support regarding your TomTom then I would advise to message them via the TomTom Facebook page!

26. TommyI81btu says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

TomTom has the best navigation system and the 6200 works well and is easy to operate. Functionally it is a complete package which links to my phone for messages and calling. Thje only real downside is that the processor does not seem powerful enough at times to do everything at once. So while driving (and sometimes before setting a route) the menus are sluggish and not responsive. Now and then I’m not sure if a screen press has been accepted or not. That is an annoyance but not a major issue. What is, is when navigating a complex road junction, the map is suddenly slow to update and I’m left not sure exactly where I am. That is an issue. Overall it is a first rate product with lifetime maps and speed camera updates and clear screen and good guidance. I just would like it to be reliably responsive.

The sat nav is great ,very easy to use especially the touch screen and the wi fi interface I wish I had got one earlie

28. Maurice3413 says:

Great Sat Nav to replace a Tom Tom Go I had knicked. This every thing better than the last one I had. Links to phone data easy for real time use. I rely on it heavily for my daily commute.

29. Pat93Jstiklb says:

Nice size havent tried it yet and I like the idea of receiving calls

30. Lucio33Lwkx says:

Tom Tom work well always have my only issue is the software is a bit flaky

Excellent product. Advanced info module. Does all you need it to do!

32. HershelVinci says:

Size is ideal 6inch screen so very good visibility wise. Clear voice and good mounting facility.

33. JuanitaSneed says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I am impressed with this device. I have had a few TomTom’s in my time and this is more responsive, quick and easy to use especially with the capacitive touch screen. When I powered it on and applied all the updates the device only came with a map of Europe and the traffic and speed camera had expiry date with a month remaining so I got in contact with TomTom and said that this was advertised at having lifetime world maps, traffic and speed camera. They were very quick to make the adjustments to my account and now it has the lifetime world maps, traffic and speed camera.

The TomTom My Drive app on the iPhone is not that good and it connects on first use but after that it fails. After playing about with it I have found that not using the My Drive app and uninstalling it plus also in Bluetooth setting on the iPhone forget this device and start a fresh connection works better. You get a good connection and you get the TomTom services and you can make and receive calls, the only thing you don’t get is text messages but I don’t need that. Make sure that on our iPhone you switch on Personal Hotspot so that the Bluetooth can connect to data for the services like traffic and speed camera

I have used it a couple of times now and I love it and with the magnet car holder supplied it’s very easy to put on and remove. Very happy so far.