ELEGOO Mars 2 Pro Mono MSLA 3D Printer UV Photocuring LCD Resin 3D Printer with 6 inch 2K Monochrome LCD, Printing Size 129 * 80 * 160mm/5.08 * 3.15 * 6.30inch

BANNERELEGOO Mars 2 Pro Mono MSLA 3D Printer2468

CNC Machined Aluminum

Mars 2 Pro is made of CNC machined aluminum from build platform to resin vat. It has a very solid build quality and high durability like a reliable workhorse that always get its work done.

COB UV LED Light Source

Excellent heat dissipation performance, high luminous maintenance rate, uniform light emission, and no spots. COB light source has proved itself to be a fantastic upgrade that ensures each printing comes out perfectly.

Chitu Box Slicer

Chitu Box has been a very helpful companion when you are using ELEGOO MSLA resin 3D printers from slicing .stl file to adding supports. With the latest 8-times anti-aliasing function, you can get a much smoother printing surface.

ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono MSLA 3D Printer ELEGOO Mars 3 Mono MSLA 3D Printer 3456
Product type Resin 3D Printer Resin 3D Printer Resin 3D Printer Resin 3D Printer Wash and Curing Resin Model Machine Curing Model Machine
LCD type 6.08 inch Mono LCD 6.6 inch Mono LCD 6.08 inch Mono LCD 8.9 inch Mono LCD
Build volume 5.10in(L) x 3.10in(W) x 5.90in(H) 5.64in(L) x 3.52in(W) x 6.5in(H) 5.10in(L) x 3.10in(W) x 6.30in(H) 7.55in(L) x 4.72in(W) x 7.87in(H)
Layer thickness 0.01mm 0.01-0.2mm 0.01-0.2mm 0.01-0.15mm
Z Axis Accuracy 0.00125mm 0.00125mm 0.00125mm 0.00125mm
XY Precision 0.05mm (1620*2560) 0.035mm (4098*2560) 0.05mm (1620*2560) 0.05mm (3840*2400)
Printing Speed 30-50mm/h 30-50mm/H 30-50mm/h 30-40mm/h
Official ELEGOO Support ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓

Size: Mars 2 Pro
Dimensions: 57 x 29 x 29 cm; 8.1 Kilograms
Part: EL-3D-M2P
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Manufacture: ELEGOO
Dimensions: 57 x 29 x 29 cm; 8.1 Kilograms
Quantity: 1
Reference: EL-3D-M2P
Size: Mars 2 Pro

1. NelleB49un says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersSon and I have had our Mars 2 only for a few days so far. We’re both into railway modelling and have high hopes of producing various useful bits and pieces for our hobby.

We went through difficult times at first getting prints to adhere to the build plate despite careful calibration of the plate and exposure settings etc. but we’re starting to get successful prints now. From what I’ve read the test print (chess pieces) that comes with the printer can be tricky, which is probably not ideal for beginners. We fully expect there to be a learning curve and some trial and error to get things dialled in and printing reliably so we turned to some other designs and are now getting nice results.

If I have one criticism so far it’s that the resin vat could really do with a “pouring spout” in one corner to makes things easier when returning unused resin to the bottle via a funnel and filter. I notice there are 3rd party alternative vats which feature a spout and also offer top and bottom covers to fit over the vat. I would imagine they’re advantageous if you intend to swap to different colours and types of resin fairly regularly.

Have to say very impressed. I’ve done alot of Fdm 3d printing but needed additional accuracy for gears and mating components and this has proved to be just what I needed. Like many 1st time printers with this sort of machine due to setup I had an initial 1st print failure and just ended up with a flat disc but since then it’s all been good. So for everyone who’s just starting here’s a few tips… set up, following the basic setup instructions if +/- 0.1mm leaves the paper really tight or a bit loose, go with the bit loose option. Get yourself a flexible magnetic build plate, makes life so much easier and keeps the setup reliable, as others have mentioned flex build plate tab goes at the back. Very lightly via some kitchen roll rub some ptfe I.e something like gt85 on the inside of the fep film to help the resin not stick. Make sure your room is 20 degrees C. Get a decent mask, when the machine is running if you hear a noise as it lifts like its pulling off a sticky surface that’s a good sign as it’s your plastic separating from the Fep film. That’s it happy printing

4. Brendan Griffiths says:

5. X. Alexander says:

Great machine just wish I’d saved up more to get the bigger machine, a bit fiddly at times but once you get to grips it works well

Great machine

Greatbprinterntonstart 3d printing with, easy to use and print files.

7. TXDJuneuqh says:

Very easy to use and great print quality, would definitely recommend provided max print size suits your needs

8. LornaMonaco says:

Ok so I’ll just summarise. It’s a very good printer, the detail level is excellent, Chittu is a very easy to work with although I had to stay on V1.8 it’s compatible with most pdf 3D files. The printing Itself is not for beginners though and if you are buying this as a first printer be prepared and take it easy. Resin printing can be very hazardous so have everything laid out or risk having a very big problem.

Tips. Read the manual very carefully and take it step by step. Buy a quality mask by 3M, some nitrile gloves, safety goggles and invest in some quality isopropyl around 4-5 litres should do you. do a practice print and don’t be disheartened if it doesn’t work out, it took me 3 prints to get it down. Finally do a thorough clean up after printing and do it in a extractor or outside even the low odour still whiffs.

Fantastic piece of kit - be prepared!

9. EdisonBoser says:

Fantastic piece of kit - be prepared!

I have had this printer for over 6 months now, and it has worked fantasically, producing some really good quality miniatures. Its been a fantastic first printer, although they seem daunting, its very easy to get set up on the mars 2 pro, and not too difficult to recover from mistakes – I’m on my third LCD screen now, purely from my own inaccuracies, but Elegoo sell all the parts you need to service your machine quiet cheaply, so it was no problem getting back up and running.

I would reccomend this printer to anyone.

I had been on the fence with 3d printers for some time, and eventually decided on the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro.

The printer is so simple to set up, a quick alignment of the build platform and you’re ready to go.

The printer comes with Chitubox slicing software which is very easy and intuitive to use.

So far I have printed a Deku Link figure and a Princess Peach cookie cutter dir my daughter and the quality of the print is superb. I can’t wait to print more things!

12. Steven Parton says:

Manual not too clear but plenty of YouTube vids to show what to do. Printer robust , well made producing exceptional results. I used the Elegoo resin which performs well and is already calibrated to the printer. It comes with free slicing software with takes a little time to get to grips with, but ultimately does its job very well. I’m a first timer regarding anything to do with 3D printing, and to say I am very happy with the outcome of what has been printed would be an understatement. Points to watch are temperature, happy between 20 -25 centigrade and make sure it is all levelled. Isopropyl Alcohol, cleans models and printer very well. Myminifactory and cults3d.com have a huge range of stl file to choose from, free and otherwise.

13. VictoriTregurth says:

After printing everyday for 2 months. The printer is excelent. The datail the printer produces once tuned to the resin is could not be any better for the price.

I have had a few failed prints but due to my own fault with settings or the room temperature dropping.

The only downside I have is the mess can be made with the resin. I filled the vat up a little to much once as it does not have markings on the plasic one that comes with the printer and it overflowed and even flowed under the vat onto the screen. (if the metal ones I purcahsed seprately have a max marker on them).

The quality of the prints is nothing but excelent the detail can’t be faulted

16. TQWGeorgiana says:

The quality of the prints is nothing but excelent the detail can’t be faulted

17. Mitchell Nicholson says:

As an avid wargamer of 30+ years – I had toyed with the idea of a 3D printer for a long time before deciding to purchase the Elegoo Mars 2. I was not disappointed!

The Elegoo Mars was very easy to assemble and use even for a complete novice. The Printer comes with test prints and clear instructions to perfect process before attempting your own prints. The software and printer is so easy to use ANYBODY could do this regardless of experience.

As a gamer I use a variety of different scales and styles from 28mm down to 6mm and the detail of the printing is beyond my wildest dreams. I’ve printed individual models, model ships and entire units.

Be warned that this is addictive! – 6 days later I purchased the Elegoo Mercury washer to speed up my cleaning process!

Unbelievably detailed models! - watch out this could be addictive!

Unbelievably detailed models! - watch out this could be addictive!

Excellent quality 3D printer bought as a present for my grandson he said it’s amazing would highly recommend i

20. ArmandDunrossil says:

Outstanding.
    The machine is so simple,so easy,so logical to use. The term plug in and play is so appropriate here. So little needed to understand and set up, I was printing within 20 minutes of opening the box.
    The machine and it’s parts are expertly and professionally made and assembled. It feels expensive while being within the lower to mid range of price for a printer.
    The software to help you make a print, best I’ve seen. So intuitive and easy to learn. Helps you along the way and almost knows what you want to do next in making the file ready .
    Printing, easy as everything else. Plug in, press a few buttons and go watch a movie. No need to watch it print as you used to on a old filament printer. Prints come out with exact details as the file that makes them. I’ve made tabletop miniatures that have more details that the “big” names in the business, the “big” names that charge a mortgage payment to get a few items that now cost me a few cups of coffee.

I had a issue with the screen. I wasn’t sure how to word or search for the issue so I emailed Elegoo in the off chance of help.
    Got my response back within a day and even then, I had a apology for a late reply. I’m getting all the help I need, a free replacement part jsit incase it’s the issue and I’m getting a non copy paste response each time.
    Elegoo is the company we wish all others would be. Great product, customer friendly product, well made, affordable and outstanding customer service .

TLDR – Buy Elegoo and be assured knowing that you are getting quality and support throughout your 3D printing journey.

Outstanding.

I got this as a gimmick and an introduction to 3d printing. It take a few goes to get adhesion when starting out but then you get the knack of it. The print quality it absolutely amazing. The detail is superb and the laser lines are virtually invisible. The prints are also really strong. Now I’ve played with it I’m going to use it for prototyping some industrial machine parts much cheaper than cnc

23. Ann Marie Gardner says:

24. SimonEasterling says:

I have a few mars 2 machines. A lot of printers around this price point are the exact same thing with a different company behind them and design. The reason i love Elegoo so much is that their customer service is amazing. I had one product that was running into a couple of hiccups and they sent me replacement parts no questions asked. 1 day response times with troubleshooting even 4 months after purchase.

25. OnitaHartford says:

26. EllisG02tcwsugy says:

Bought this after a few days of research. The printer was pretty easy to set up. I would recommend watching some videos as there are a few details that could be missed if you are only using the included instructions. My prints have mostly been successful. Any fails have been mistakes by me. All in a great first SLA printer.

28. CelinaBarraza says:

Instructions are not the best for setting up and configuring. The test files kept failing but once I set up my own files they started working, still don’t understand why.

32. FerneCoury says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersThis printer has been absolutely fantastic for me. Coming from FDM I was prepared to have a metric ton of calibration troubles in getting the printer to print fine. But to my amazement, printing in resin has been far easier for me than FDM. The stunning detail you get from this machine is amazing, you can see some of my prints in the images.

It has a very simple to use UI and the slicing software (Chitubox) is also incredibly simple to use. Sure there are other things you will need to learn such as how to properly support each model for printing. How your settings change based on the type of resin you are using (grey resin vs translucent resin) but Elegoo have two Excel sheets available via their website which documents the best settings to use for each resin on each of their machines (Elegoo branded resin).

This printer has been a blast and can make some very awesome intricate display pieces for painting.

Fantastic Beginner Resin Printe

33. AngelicaLassete says:

Fantastic Beginner Resin Printe

Golden Review Award: 6 From Our UsersThis review is for the regular Mars3.

You will benefit from reading up on the resin printing process before purchase. Look up a few guides and videos to get a handle on the process before attempting yourself, especially if you are new to additive manufacturing.

You receive the printer along with a nice little toolkit including a plastic and metal scraper, cutters, resin filters, some facemasks (theatre only, see below), USB preloaded with software and necessary tools to assemble and operate. Everything is packed neat and well.

The preloaded USB comes with a test print of a pair of rooks. Unfortunately the print is set up to not use a raft or supports, so the bases of the rooks will practially weld themselves to the buildplate. The metal scraper and an uncomfortable amount of force had to be used to remove, which risked damage to the plate. Do yourself a favour and print a different model to test, or slice the STL yourself with a raft.

After this near disaster, I have run several prints and am very pleased with the results. It is a very capable machine for its size.

That said, the kit is incomplete. Do not expect to buy this, switch it on and start printing immediately. Here is a suggested shopping list with Amazon references (just put them in search!):

– Lots of Isopropl Alcohol (IPA) <> B082XQ4W4R
    – A set of containers (airtight lunchboxes ideal) <> B09RW6XVHS
    – A UV curing light & turntable <> B089N8LNHC
    – Resin to print with <> B09FPK6RVQ & B09FPHVGVD
    – Funnels <> B09WLL9VMV
    – Nitrile gloves <> B00D8Z8L3C
    – If you don’t have it, a nice sturdy surface to put it on <> B01FO9YUES
    – Plenty of kitchen towels/filters
    – Brushes

Finally, get yourself a VOC rated mask (B013EBJPPM works for me) to go with the gloves. This is IMPORTANT. You don’t want to be breathing or directly touching IPA or uncured resin. The masks included are simple coverings that do absolutely nothing in terms of dealing with the fumes from the resin and IPA. It will make working with this product safer and far more comfortable.

Overall, it’s a winner and reasonably priced to boot!

Golden Review Award: 6 From Our UsersThis review is for the regular Mars3.

– Lots of Isopropl Alcohol (IPA) <> B082XQ4W4R
    – A set of containers (airtight lunchboxes ideal) <> B09RW6XVHS
    – A UV curing light & turntable <> B089N8LNHC
    – Resin to print with <> B09FPK6RVQ & B09FPHVGVD
    – Funnels <> B09WLL9VMV
    – Nitrile gloves <> B00D8Z8L3C
    – If you don’t have it, a nice sturdy surface to put it on <> B01FO9YUES
    – Plenty of kitchen towels/filters
    – Brushes

Overall, it’s a winner and reasonably priced to boot!

This product was my second attempt at getting into resin printing, after trying a different brand product that was sent out faulty. Very happy with this printer:
    The detail and quality is very high.
    It consistently manages to read my sliced files with few exceptions.
    Cleaning and levelling is a manageable process.

37. kokojsm631 says:

The detail and quality is very high.
    It consistently manages to read my sliced files with few exceptions.
    Cleaning and levelling is a manageable process.

38. MercedesBeardsm says:

Everything has come out great straight out of the box. It took me a couple of tries to level and tighten the build plate, but it is worth taking your time to get it right. I’ve had no problems at all since. Love this little printer.

Love i