JLL RE100 Recumbent Home Exercise Bike. 5kg Two-Way Flywheel with 8 Levels of Magnetic Resistance. 6 – Levels of Seat Adjustments, Monitor Displays Speed, Distance, Time, Odometer, Calories and Pulse. 12 – Months Warranty.

re100 re200 re500 Re600
FLYWHEEL 5KG Two-Way 5KG 7KG 6KG
RESISTANCE Magnetic Resistance Magnetic Resistance Magnetic Resistance Electronic Magnetic
MONITOR 6 Readout 6 Readout 6 Readout 7 Readout

Dimensions: 140 x 60 x 82 cm; 24 Kilograms
Brand: JLL Fitness
Model: RE100
Colour: Grey and Silver
Batteries Included: 2 AA batteries required. (included)
Colour: Grey and Silver

My first impression during assembly was how heavy the components were – it is clear why modern road cycles use a lot of aluminium and titanium alloys rather than mild steel. But a lightweight stationary bike might not be stable. However, the assembly instructions are extremely clear and easy to follow (apart from wrongly stating that 2 screws rather than 4 are used to mount the display unit).
    For use in my household, I need to be able to adjust easily for leg length and found it necessary to apply a lubricant to allow the two main box sections to slide inside each other, and hope the electrical connections can cope in the long term. As mentioned by another reviewer the pedals come close to the floor and the toe straps have to be set to allow the foot fully onto the pedal, and I may end up raising the front of the bike on a block.
    But overall, a very satisfactory, quiet, machine for excercising indoors and a great improvementt on our previous wholly mechanical exercise bike.

3. DannyBeveridge says:

So far so good. Bought for my wife who needs to strengthen her leg muscles.
    She is 4′ 11″ and it fits her height.

This has improved my leg muscles post op. Just one problem is that the pulse rate doesn’t seem to work but I already had a finger pulse’oxy meter so not a problem.

5. TonyJacobson says:

Great bike but hard work at start gets a bit a bit easer the longer you work on i

Beautifully presented,beautifully engineered very clear instructions but it has a weak link~the monitor/computer is provided with only 2 screws when in fact there are 4 integral screwed sockets.Another pair of screws should be obtained and fitted to provide a robust and secure unit.

Good value for a recumbent bike. Perhaps not the most substantial on the electronics side.
    My original bike arrived with damage to the wiring rig inside the body , apparently caused at the factory by them quality testing it !
    Company very promptly replaced the entire bike and it works very well.
    If you are over 6ft , there is a slight issue with your feet hitting the ground on each revolution unless you point your toes on the pedals. Otherwise good

Company very promptly replaced the entire bike and it works very well.

I like it overall, but is it just me, but there seems no difference in the resistence settings, it doesn’t change when you turn the dial. Screen lights up and you just press it to move from one setting to another.

But it just says 0000 or 8888 to me.

Could do with some help and advice.

This is well designed and very sturdy when built. The cycling action feels so much better than bikes that don’t have fly wheels. The controls are good and the heart rate monitor is a bonus. The only niggle is the method for changing the seat distance which requires the seat end to be lifted as you try to engage the screw. This isn’t an issue if you don’t need to change the distance often, but when sharing with somebody with shorter legs it’s a regular occurrence and can be a pain. This would be the case with most recumbent exercise bikes, so it’s not specific to this one. All in all, a great value item that has helped me to keep moving through multiple lockdowns and I would definitely recommend it.

11. Kelly Garbato says:

12. JaneChippindall says:

Bought for my partner who needed something to get back into her fitness regime. Knowing how much exercise bikes can go for I’ll admit to not having high hopes for this one which is at the “value” end of the spectrum.

The bike itself is very easy to assemble (though I would recommend having an extra pair of hands to hold things in place as you bolt things together) and all the fixings (including the supplied multitool and allen key) are of good quality. All but two of the bolts are in situ and just need to be removed so that you can attach the back rest (eg) and then screw back into place. It took me about half an hour with my two 6 year olds helping.

Once up and running, the bike is extremely smooth and quiet in operation (although the beep from the bike computer is obnoxiously loud!) and offers a fairly decent amount of resistance. As others have said, this is more for cardio and toning rather than getting “Tour de France”-style thighs and calves.

In short – a very good option for those looking to keep their fitness up without having to venture into the cold and wet!

Surprisingly good quality!

Bought due to back and hip problems and research suggested this was better than an upright bike. Reviews for this bike we’re very good. My son put it together in less than an hour on his own, straightforward and no issues. It is really sturdy and quiet. I’m using it everyday on lower tensions to slowly build my muscles up and improve my cardio. My son who is 22 loves it and is able to do his normal gym bike training despite gyms being shut at the moment or when the weather is against him in the uk!! As other reviewers have mentioned the seat is a little hard after a while but simply solved using a cushion. Monitor is basic but I like the scan feature which scrolls through heart rate, distance, speed, calories and time. Basic model that does everything I need.

14. MSASusanduh says:

Surprisingly good quality!

16. Anna Gensini says:

I have never used an exercise bike, so cant compare – but this has many excellent points. It can sit in at the edge of a room without being visually intrusive – as its quite low. Its very comfortable to use – and I have experienced no back pain, no strain and really enjoy my sessions. It did need a bit of strength to assemble – but now is easy to move around if necessary, seems totally stable, and gives one all the information needed. I have a small problem with the pulse, as I have bad circulation, and very cold hands – it often cant find my pulse – but that is the only problem which has nothing to do with the bike. The best thing was the speed of delivery. Thank you for a great aid to fitness in filthy weather!

18. Fans says:

I love it. It arrived much earlier than expected which pleased me very much. It took just under an hour for me to put it together alone. Instructions were very easy to follow. It’s very comfortable to use, the monitor gives me all the relevant info I want, and on the whole the product is as good as I’d use in the gym. I highly recommend this product to anyone of any reasonable age. My father, 77 years old, used it and loves it. We all do. A great, value for money, sturdy product. If you’re in the market for one; buy this one. I’ve been using proper gyms, not snowflake gyms, for over 30 years and this product is the business. You won’t be dissatisfied unless you’re an idiot.

Great value, great product.

Great value, great product.

20. LeonidaWGM says:

After being badly let down by DHL the bike finally arrived and it is now used on a daily basis! Excellent value for money and highly recommended

21. Peach Gallagher says:

The bike was straightforward to assemble and has been a real bonus in the exercise regime. Good value too.

22. BenLFJaqdg says:

This exercise bike was really easy to set up and is great quality and value for the price. I was looking for an exercise bike that would keep me fit without breaking the bank. I’m pleased to say this offers both, looks great and is also comfortable to use. The seat also supports your back meaning that you can sit and comfortably pedal without causing any strain or tension to the back area. The resistance levels are good and really give your legs a workout while the pedalling action gets the heart pumping and the cardio system going. I’ve only been using this exercise bike for a week and along with following a healthy diet I am starting to shed the unwanted weight. If you’re looking for a good quality fitness bike to kickstart your wellness routine, I can highly recommend this product.

23. [email protected] Annette Anderson says:

24. Sarah Milton says:

I’d had to wait a long time to find a good value recumbant online. Lockdown has pushed demand up and everything I looked at was out of stock all over the place. A similar one I bought from another manufacturer back in the summer broke after ten minutes use. This one for the same money is better made, easier to assemble, and hasn’t let me down after a month’s hard use. The seat is a bit hard, but with use your bottom learns to cope. It does create a bit of vibration through the floorboards, so if you live in a semi like I do make up thick foam rubber pads to put under the feet. (Bought the foam rubber on Ebay; sorry Amazon). Then you won’t have the neighbours complaining. The computer is of limited use as the calories count the same whatever resistance you set the knob to, but the distance and time give a good guide to your progresss. This is doing exactly what I want it to do ie. help me lose weight during lockdown. Pedalling whilst watching telly. What could be better?

25. KaleyClift says:

This was easy to put together for my wife and she is happy to Zoom and peddle so all good. Its of good construction and is easy to use. Nothing fancy so not for the Pros who need a screen and a trainer shouting at them. A good buy.

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersGreat bike. Had this for 3 months now and going great. Easy to assemble, is easy enough to separate in 2 to move it. It does sit low to the floor but I have size 5 feet and can use it without a problem. If your maybe a size 9 or so you will probably have to place it on blocks to heighten it a little. I’m 5ft 4 and the second last hole fits my length great. I don’t think anyone’s height will be an issue for this. It’s relatively quiet and stable. For the price I recommend it. Its improving my fitness. Using it for 30min a day in 10 min bursts and eating a bit healthier iv lost 10lb in 6 weeks and my breathing is a bit better. Also normal bikes cause me a sore back and hurt my stomach hernia. This one is comfortable for me but put a cushion on it if on longer than 20mins as no padding on the seat.

28. CandaceCortes says:

29. LashondCapasso says:

Fabulous product. Silent operation, sturdy design – have used it lots during lockdown.

30. KristiaChatham says:

I had a similar bike during lock down which saved my fitness. it is sturdy and the pedals needed a bit of re-screwing after a few days but it is clear and easy to put together. it does need a mat or something underneath it unless maybe you have fitted carpets but on a loose carpet it moved a lot – now it is on a cheap mat it works very well. good for those with back issues, got me fit enough for a cycling holiday, but not for a serious cyclist probably. very happy

31. CameronAshley says:

Very compact and sturdy.Very easy to assemble with the dispatched product very well packaged.

33. ZaraBrubaker says:

Arrived yesterday. Easy to assemble. Slight mark on the body probably caused by shipping across the Irish Sea. After several attempts to replace an old broken bike via other suppliers (two cancelled orders and one breakage after two uses), this bike hopefully will last. Will probably buy a cushion for the seat but other than that 5 stars

Excelle