PetSafe Microchip Activated Cat Flap, Exclusive Entry, Easy Install, 4-Way Manual Locking, Energy Efficient, Draught Excluder, Convenient (New Version)

microchip cat flap, key fob Staywell Extension underground wire locator, dog fence, boundary, cable, garden fencing, tracer, invisible smart feeder, automatic feeders for dogs, dog feeder, feeders for cats, surefeed cat feeder
Accessories and Other PetSafe Solutions Can be used if your cat’s microchip ID is not compatible. Needed when installing the Microchip Cat Door into windows, walls and metal doors. This 2L dual stream fountain is perfect for cats and small-medium sizes dogs, the ceramic design is easy to clean & looks great in the home. The ScoopFree Covered Self-Cleaning Litter Box (second generation) is an innovative, automatic litter box that stays fresh and clean without the hassle.

Weight: 744 g
Dimensions: 23.9 x 22 x 12.2 cm; 744 Grams
Model: PPA19-16687
Colour: White
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: Yes
Batteries Included: No
Colour: White
Quantity: 1

Problem of neighbour cats coming in solved. Not easy to install if your first purchase with thick wallsunless you have tools and an experienced handy person.

One thing to watch is where your cat has the chip as I had to get her re-chip due to the chip moving from were it was first inserted. Other than that it’s a good cat door in and out as they want and if I don’t want them out I can and do this.

I was having real trouble with other cats coming in an eating my cat’s food, peeing all over the place and bullying my poor girl. I was dubious about buying one of these cat flaps after reading some unpleasant stories but I am so glad I did.
    My cat is happier too now I think.
    She learned to use it very quickly and the noise, which is pretty loud, didn’t really bother her. She did have to learn to push a little more than her old cat flap but she has figured that out too.
    So far no other cats have learned how to open it – I read stories of cats learning to pull it open. More than that, I hardly ever even hear the other cats outside in the backyard so she is happier out there too.
    It is the same make as the previous cat flap so fitted in perfectly. Mind you, I did have a few issues with the screws so I did have to drill a couple of extra holes to hold the outside part in place.
    I am using rechargeable batteries in it and they are lasting fine – more than 2 weeks now (some people said the batteries they used only lasted a couple fo weeks.)
    Great buy. I would definitely recommend it. Everybody will be happy (except the unwanted visitors).

6. MarcelaMinnick says:

Bought this so other cats could not get in . When first fitted the batteries ran out after a week because my cats liked to hear the noise of the click when they put their head near . I’ve watched other cats try to get in using the ,paw at it till it opens method ,which works on other cat flaps but not this one .

Our cat was being constantly disturbed by two local twin cats coming in and eating her food, so this was purchased to replace a very old different model broken cat flap.

The battery life of the improved version is excellent. the sensor is mounted with a shallower protrusion, meaning it’s triggered less frequently if a cat is sitting near it without wanting to enter or exit, than the old version. It also has an 8 second entry time, rather than the old 4 second entry time. This information was provided to me on the manufacturer’s helpline. The helpline by the way is superb!

The improved version has a black coloured sensor in the top of the tunnel. The old version has a white coloured sensor.

8. AnneEbnerra says:

We bought this with the idea that we would be able to allow our existing cat in and out (whose chip scanned easily and he got the hang of it straight away) while keeping our newly adopted cat in, but unfortunately this catflap does not control who leaves the house it, only stops other cats coming in, so we had to abandon that plan and pretty much keep them both in for four weeks. When the time came to be able to let the new one out we unlocked the flap and then had a difficult time trying to hold the new cat in the tunnel while her microchip was read. Unfortunately her chip wouldn’t scan and she got quite stressed, so we have had to take the batteries out and just leave it as an opening catflap for now until we can take her to the vet and either find out exactly where her old chip is or get a new one put in. So, a bit fiddly and we wish we had just stuck with a magnetic one.

9. Steve May says:

This was a great buy as next doors cat kept coming in and upsetting my kitten and making him really on edge
    I love that I installed it myself
    clear manual locking

10. monthly says:

This is the second time I’ve purchased the pet safe microchip reading cat flap due to the first one being amazing! This one is going on a second entrance for my cats. Registering your pets chip is super easy, the installation is simple and quick and the lock feature is immediate so once my cat comes through it locks straight away! Perfect for keeping other cats out. I swear by this cat flap and wouldn’t use any other model.

12. Kathy Michaels says:

We fitted this in the smaller pane of glass at the front of our house.

I removed the trim and the double glazing panel.
    I then purchased some clear acrylic sheet (15mm thick) cut to size (leave a few mm shy for expansion) this was siliconed in and then the trim placed back over.

This left it easier to cut with a jigsaw rather than trying to cut glass/ pay a glazier s.

The holes were pre drilled on a slow rpm on the drill so the acrylic doesn’t break.

If we leave / sell this house we can remove the flap and pane of glass and replace it easily.

Where it’s positioned beside the curtain also means there’s no draft- not that we could feel one because it’s in a sheltered enough area outside.

Our youngest cat (8 months) got used to this straight away. The 9 year old took a while to get used to the loud click when it recognises the chip and unlocks. He’s now using it no problem (approx 3 weeks) Our 12 year old cat still hasn’t got used to it (2 months now) but that’s just her temperament.

Excuse the dirt of the flap in the photos- it gets used quite a bit!

I would recommend this as we didn’t quite realise how much our cats wanted in and out of the house, it’s easy to fit (using method above) It’s a fair price as it’s well made.

The unlock click does startle the cat. You’ll have to force them through it a few times then slowly hold them in position near it and they’ll get used to it themselves.

Also make sure to test it on your cat to make sure it works ok before fitting!

Worth the money

This was easy to fit, though I did have to enlarge the hole in the door a bit.
    It’s well made and fairly quiet in operation. One big advantage is that it does not beep as the previous cat flap did.
    My cat is a bit hesitant when coming in and stands just by the door so the catch opens then closes several times before entering. (that’s just her way). This meant the batteries went flat fairly quickly. I bought rechargeable batteries and change them weekly. A minor problem easily solved. A great device, easy to use and lock to keep the cat in.

The first of these that I bought developed a fault: the motion sensor failed. PetSafe customer service was very efficient, however, and I was provided quite quickly with a replacement.

I’ve found the best batteries to Energizer Lithium. These have been in use for eight or nine weeks now and are still going strong.

I bought the flap to keep out an intruder cat. It has managed to get into the house once, since, however; it ran through the flap right behind my own cat, so the flap never had a chance to close and relock. Once the flap unlocks, it stays unlocked for about six seconds.

It locks and unlocks with a “clack”, but my cat (which is very timid) got used to it really quite quickly despite this.

As you can see, the glazed door in which I have it fitted has quite a high threshold, so I’ve added a couple of steps to make it easier for the cat to use.

The replacement flap has worked absolutely faultlessly.

Excellent Catflap

15. AgnosLibertine says:

Love these flaps as I’ve had similar ones . This is great but the only issue I had was the noise it makes unlocking is a lot more than previous models and it took a couple of days till the cats would use it as they were frightened by the loud clank. It is however a great flap for the money .

16. FatimaKirtley says:

First of all this is a cat flap for cats with microchip implants. This is what we wanted for our three cats. Read the instructions in full and make sure you follow them. I miss read (I just glanced at the fitting instructions)! I missed that you need to purchase the adapter if you have a metal skinned door. This meant that the cat flap didn’t work. I contacted petsafe. The customer service was excellent everything was checked and I had not cut the hole big enough (250mm). Out with the tools problem solved. Cats are happy we are happy.
    Just take your time and all should be well. Top tip make sure you align the holes for the main screws holding the cat flap together.

17. Fabian98Kgoubyn says:

I like the fact it keeps other cats out of our home, and works off our cat’s microchips.
    Easy to install
    Easy to set up
    But
    There is an a draught coming in as there is a gap around the flap, even though there is ‘Draught proofing’ built into the design, see my video clipfor the price I would have expected a better fitting flap.

Takes a while for cats to learn how it works to get in.
    In all honesty it’s in need of a better processor so that it opens instantly. By the time the cats wait 2 seconds they give up.
    Also a fair bit smaller than other PetSafe catalase.

Works great for me, i have one on the back door for both of our cats, and then another on an internal door to give one of my cats a safe haven from the other cat who likes to chase her.

20. JonahOstermann says:

21. EllenBelisario says:

Monty uses his paw to dib and dab at the cat flap, only then is he happy to stick his head through. As such he wouldn’t stick his head into this far enough to activate it. Amazon accepted return and refund so all is well. Until I find another way of giving Monty access whilst denying other moggies…

Solid and easy to set up. Good instructions and clear cutting templates. Able to turn off the sensor lock until the cat gets used to the door.

24. Victoria Wilcox says:

Item fitted into existing hole quite nicely. Of our 5 cats ,all rescue,, 2 are not chipped (yet) I bought some of the disks to use.
    Do not recommend, my cats found them too bulky.
    The other cats started using the new flap in around a day.

25. KarenDarden says:

Had issues getting the cats microchip registered but after 30 mins of trying it finally did and have had no issues since. The first set of batteries ran out quite quickly but the second set seems to be lasting a lot longer.

27. DonnellGuajardo says:

Great that they can come and go but also you have the choice to set the flap for in only – if they out and you know weather is going yo be bad once in they can’t get back out.

I got someone else to install my catflap. It has given my cat souch freedom and works well.

Finally had this fitted. No trouble with it. Straight forward. The cat sits and looks out of it, has yet to use it.

31. EmanuelJobe says:

32. MargareRoberts says:

Made my life much easier. Cats can go in and out when they like. No other cats can get in. Love it.

34. LaurieMein says:

It works for my cats. Have had no problems with it and the batteries do seem to last. Keeps other cats out!

35. Joseph Green says: