Ryobi RPT4545M 450W Pole Hedge Trimmer, 450 W, Green and Black

Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: TTI
Colour: Green and Black
Quantity: 1

1. Marie Black says:

Excellent piece of kit, we have a large bay tree in our garden which had got a bit high, it is also on a raised section of the garden so is difficult to get to the top of it. Although this machine is a bit heavy and requires careful use, it works brilliantly, very pleased with it.

Not the most powerful but adequate for the job. Only 450w so can use a 30m extension cable fully unrolled without issue. Light enough to use for a long period and powerful enough for all but the thickest branches. Costs a fraction of similarly specified petrol trimmers.

3. Courtney says:

Received very quickly. Easy to assemble. Well made but it is HEAVY and would suggest that use in short spells of 20 to 30 minutes until you are used to it. The only criticism I have is registering with Ryobi. I think that they have made it so complicated hoping you will give in.

4. Runners World says:

Good product for dealing with our high hedge. Total length includes cutter: we thought there was a section missing from pole as length did not match the advertised 4m: the pole is just over 3m. Possibly the one we were sent had previously been returned, judging from state of the box, and the fact that it had been re-taped.

5. Lorrine3745 says:

The shoulder strap which is standard has limited use for me, so maybe the more expensive alternative strap would have been better.

6. Tribune Media Wire says:

I love it. Nice build quality. Its enabled to do a large hedge in a fraction of the time. It is heavy but once I learnt to use it correctly that wasn’t such an issue.

7. MartiGuillen says:

My husband gets on very well with the trimmer but is a little havy for me. Gives very good cuts

8. FerminDrechsler says:

Great reach with extension pole, quite heavy though so do need the shoulder support, but powerful getting through branches etc with ease

Cuts really well, would be better if it was a little lighter, however if it was they may not cut as well.
    I’m happy to recommend these hedge cutters.

10. IrisHNQhfq says:

I bought this for my husband who says it is one of the best tools he owns. It is cordless and not to heavy and can reach high places

11. James Alcala says:

Great hedge trimmer with the extra reach easy to use quick to put extension i

12. ShaynePorteous says:

I really wanted this to be great but it falls a little short. Reach is good and it cuts through quite thick hedge well. Unfortunately I’m a big bloke and it is very heavy when extended. Think twice if you have muscle or joint problems as you will struggle with it.

well designed and versatile A tad heavy for long periods of use.

14. [email protected] Jessica Blankenship says:

This trimmer has a good sturdy blade which will cut through fairly thick foliage, and with the adjustable angle head makes it easier to reach otherwise awkward areas.
    As it’s a mains powered trimmer it could possibly be improved by a counterbalance weight to affix to the handle as this might make it a little less strain on one’s shoulders.
    I like it though (and so do my neighbours!).

Great item that does the job well, a bit heavy at full extend

16. AracelyClements says:

Great piece of kit and cuts hedges no problem. My only complaint is it is heavy.

17. Rod Younger says:

This is my second pole cutter, couldn’t find anything better. Price is value for money, it can get heavy with extension pole added as weight of motor at front, especially if you have used it for half an hour +. Still does what it says , cuts through most vegetation with ease. 5/5

Works well.Good reach and tilt leaves it easy to shape hedge. Slightly heavy at full extension.

19. CamillaStrickli says:

Invaluable for cutting high hedge. Far safer than climbing up a ladder and way cheaper than getting a gardener in to do it. Thoroughly recommend it. Supplied with uk plug.

This hedge trimmer is well constructed and cuts like a dream. The pole sections fit together easily and fast. The total cutting length of 4m is great apart from the weight of the motor section. I’m relatively strong but wow swinging this around for a few hours you will feel like you’ve completed a intensive gym session. So wouldn’t recommend for the week go for lighter version. The only criticism I have is the smallest length is 2m which I find difficult to use on some small hedges. You are standing 2m away so controlling is harder. Would be great if both pole sections could be removed for close up work. Overall good rating as the cutting power is far better than any battery operated system. Just remember book a massage for the day after you’re need it.

Product is required to have a proper UK 3 pin plug fitted.

22. LaraSeidel says:

imming hedges and high conifers – it got me to parts of the garden I could not previously reach!

This machine saves me going up stepladders and does exactly what i want, can be used upside down to trim bramble on waste grounds, a very good purchase

24. ErikMonnier says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI bought a discounted version of the ryoby hedge trimmer – which I suspect was a return – at a decent discount.
    When it arrived I guess the reason for the original return became apparent. It had been fitted with a continental plug.
    I chatted to support and explained this is in contravention of UK sales laws on electrical goods. I was offered a full refund partial refund to buy an adapter or a full refund if preferred. I pointed out that for any adapter to be UK legal would have to be a fixed (screw-in) model and that the hassle of returning this item in a damaged box was a bit much given the fact it was not legal to start with. After conferring with superior it was decided I would get a full refund AND could dispose of the item myself or send it back. My local electrician has since refitted the item with a UK plug. 🙂

Hedge trimmers work a treat but are still heavy at over 4 kilos and not for the weak muscled.

I’ve found this product as a woman very heavy to hold and lift up for long . It does everything it says it should do but too heavy really for me

26. Myles Goldman says:

I spent some time looking at different types of cutter to prune a bay tree. In the end I chose this one, it works really well. it is a touch heavy but that does not matter for short time I will be using it. It used to take about two hours with pruners and telescopic pruners balancing on a ladder. now it is done within 20 minutes. I did not buy face shield at the time , I have now as it s a must.

27. KareemStonehave says:

Good quality and very king to get over deep bushes.

I was aware of the weight issue prior to purchase but I thought I’m a big guy, I can handle this. Well it’s still a struggle! It’s not balanced well and the weights all in the head. That said it cuts very well and is good value for money. I don’t regret buying it. FYI I weigh in at more than 15st. Draw your own conclusions.

While some may find this item heavy, it certainly does the job.

Excellent, gift for my husband after he fell off the ladder and seriously injured his arm whilst trying to cut our hedge manually. Our garden is in a steep hill! The hedges trimmer is a much safer way of cutting the hedge.

31. Jide Akinrinade says:

Golden Review Award: 12 From Our UsersAn excellent deal from Amazon. My husband cut a very high bougainvillea hedge in one day as opposed to three days with other hedge trimmer. Also the cost of the hedge trimmer was less than having a professional in to do the job. He did find it heavy as he was continually reaching, but for a very fussy 80 year old he did a great job.

32. Nicole Nordli quotSimply Madequot says:

This is really good for cutting hedges, bushes and grass. It is quite heavy so you do need to wear the harness that comes with it to take the weigh. As hedge trimmers go it is not noisy. It comes in three parts, the central section can be left out if you don’t need the full reach.

just as described, although came with a European 2 pin plug, and no extra cable.

34. Gayle4796fbq says:

Its fairly heavy, but balances well with the strap – well made and cuts well.

35. StephanRamsden says:

Golden Review Award: 9 From Our UsersI got the UK model with a proper mains lead and shoulder strap. As long as you use the strap it isn’t too heavy and it made quick work of my 10′ hedges. Certainly a faster than a ladder and shears/loppers but don’t forget the main time consumer is getting rid of the clippings. I have also used it for clearing undergrowth but in this case you can’t use the strap.
    Having a mains lead is not an issue and saves the cost and weight of a battery. As I was using a shredder to compact the clippings I needed power anyway.

Works well. Only down side is that it is fairly heavy. Seems robus

Not sure this is actually made in Poland as it doesn’t speak, but does what it says on the tin and trims my hedge perfectly. Buy two, one for each hand, you won’t be disappointed.