BLACK+DECKER Workmate Plus, Work Bench Tool Stand Saw Horse , Dual Height with Heavy Duty Steel Frame, WM825

Dual Working Heights No Yes Yes Yes
Folded size (W x H x D) 63 x 89 x 13 cm 61 x 74 x 19.5 cm 74.2 x 74 x 20 cm 83 x 74 x 20 cm
Vice Jaw Opening 0-11.5 cm 0-13.6 cm 0-13.6 cm 0-20.5 cm
Vice Jaw Length 61 cm 61 cm 74 cm 74 cm
Max Table Width – Jaws Open 34.1cm 38.4 cm 38.4 cm 54.1 cm
Vice Jaw Positions 0 1 1 3
Maximum Load 160 kg 250 kg 250 kg 250 kg
One Handed Operation No No No Yes
Fully Assembled No Yes Yes Yes
Vice Jaw Material Compressed Bamboo Particle Board Particle Board Particle Board

Dimensions: 83 x 74 x 20 cm; 14.55 Kilograms
Model: WM825-XJ
Part: WM825
Colour: Black/ Brown
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: Stanley Black & Decker
Colour: Black/ Brown
Quantity: 1

Overall I’m happy with the workmate but I had one issue.

Mine arrived misaligned. The handles weren’t rotated to the same orientation and the bench clamped unevenly. i.e. One side would close about 2cm earlier than the other. This should be a simple fix. Just dis-engage the belt, align, re-engage the belt. Unfortunately the belt is so tight that this is really awkward to do without breaking the plastic belt. I managed to do it but in the process, the belt is partially ripped along the seam where the loop was joined. Fingers crossed it holds up!

2. David Lumb says:

Comes as a flatpack with assembly instructions which look as if they’ve been drawn by a child. Difficult to follow, especially at section 5 until you realise that the component is a “spanner”. B&D should take a leaf out of Haynes Manuals and use photographs, better wording and sequencing. Once assembled the product seems to work OK and fulfils its intended purpose.

The Workmate is a sturdy platform for DIY.. I had a much older one (nearly 25years ) that after DIY abuse had come to the end of its useful life. THe new one is great.
    HOWEVER, the creator of the instruction sheet for this needs to try again…
    Took ages to sort out which bits fitted where and much jiggery pokkery to get the moveable wind in platform to close parallel to the fixed platform. All working now, but be warned!

4. Mackenzie Frazier says:

Although it’s a black and decker kit the instructions could be better on how to assemble
    For instance there is a part you have to use to tighten the nuts up with but it doesn’t tell you that and fitting the worktop it give the plastic runners information but they show the wrong way up
    Could be bette

5. UlrikeLove says:

Could be bette

6. Ishah Clay says:

Could be bette

I love workmates and actually have three of my own. Multiple workmates just increases what you can do. But this one was bought as a gift for a friend. It came needing more assembly than any of mine and still with the pain in the backside handle mounting. But it’s still a classic and versatile bench that will last for years to come. It’s the basic one height model which I personally prefer because it’s quick to set up and put away in comparison to the dual height version. It takes up less room in storage and because of this it is more likely to be used in hurry. My friend is happy with it. Who wouldn’t be

Awesome piece of kit, necessary for and work on the house, and this one having the larger work surface and angle adjustable top plate, that is very handy. It’s sturdy just like all black & Decker Workmates. Wouldn’t be without one.
    The only downside are the build instructions, they are awful. Honestly who was responsible for such rubbish.. they need a word with themselves. To create knock those build seps together and leave work thinking they’ve just done a brilliant job the mind boggles, and worse no one at black and decker noticed how bad they were.
    But, luckily there are some very handy YouTube videos available from people that have assembled this model and you’ll have it assembled in minutes. Apart from that, it’s an essential piece of kit.
    Just so you know though. Compacted or setup, it is noticeably bigger than the standard workmate.

I purchased two of these Workmates at the beginning of December 2021. If you look at the photographs you will see the wear and tear damage to one of them after only a few uses. I use these for DIY. This broken belt is the one that connects the two handles that allows the vice to close evenly while operating either handle. It now does not work on this item and I expect it to fail on the second workmate. Tut tut Black and Decker. The belt is so inferior to requirements that it is a useless feature to have on this product if it is destined to fail, which I believe it will, on any of them given my experience and what I can see. This is a real headache for the consumer and the retailer. I have a Black and Decker Workmate that is over 30 years old and still going strong. I now wonder how long are these destined to last.

Product Quality

10. Stepani4967 says:

I haven’t had a chance to road test this yet but it all seems reasonable quality for the price and I’m sure it will do the job. With all these things the amount of use I give it will tell. Back and Decker is usually a fairly safe medium use bet. If my last workmate was anything to go by I’ll be more than happy.

I bought “BLACK+DECKER Workmate Plus, Work Bench Tool Stand Saw Horse , Dual Height with Heavy Duty” to replace my 30+ year old Black and Decker workmate. They aren’t as sturdy as the old one but it does the job. I went for this one with the flip up front as it should at some point save me from having to use separate clamps

13. Gemma says:

Simple to put together and once complete I don’t know why I sued to struggle on without one, makes all those DIY jobs so much easier and the price was great , well impressed

14. ClevelaLudwick says: