Edifier R980T 4″ Active Bookshelf Speakers – 2.0 Computer Speaker – Powered Studio Monitor (Pair)

Enhanced Bass and Wooden Accent

The R980T stereo speakers offer a sound that is full of presence and depth. Designed for enhanced bass the R980T bookshelf speaker system is calibrated with a flared bass reflex port. Resulting in rich detailed sound that will take your breath away. This flared bass reflex port is encased in a 100% medium-density fiberboard wooden enclosure. The wooden accent encompassing the full package of the R980T compliment both a home and office setting.

q q q q q
TOTAL POWER OUTPUT: RMS 12W × 2 R/L: 21W+21W RMS RMS 15W×2 + 18W×2 RMS 24W × 2 + 36 W × 2 RMS 25W × 2 + 35W × 2
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: ≥85dBA ≥85dBA ≥85dBA ≥85dBA ≥85dBA
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 70 HZ-20 kHz +/-9db 75Hz ~ 18kHz +/-9db 60Hz ~ 20kHz +/-6db 55Hz-20KHz(±3db) 48Hz~20KHz (±4dB)
INPUT SENSITIVITY: PC: 700±50mV AUX: 550±50mV (THD+N=1%) PC: 700±50mV AUX: 550±50mV PC:700±50mV, AUX:550±50mV Line in1: 800 mV ± 50 mV Line in2: 600 mV ± 50 mV OPT: 500 mFFs ± 50 mFFs PC: 900 ± 50mV | AUX: 700 ± 50mV OPT, COX: 350 mFFs ± 50 mFFs
INPUT TYPE: RCA x2 RCA x2 RCA x2 RCA x2, Bluetooth, Optical, Coaxial RCA x2, Bluetooth, Optical, Coaxial
BASS DRIVER: 4 inch (116mm) 4 inch (116mm) 4 inch (116mm) 5″ alloy 5.5 inch
TREBLE DRIVER: Φ13 mm silk dome Φ13 mm silk dome Φ19 mm silk dome Φ25mm Ru-Fe-B silk dome 1 inch
DIMENSONS [PER SPEAKER]: 5.5in x 8.9in x 7.75in 5.75in x 9.5in x 7in (WxHxD) 6in x 8in x 9.75in 9.5in x 11.25in x 7.5in 7.9in x 11.5in x 13.3in
ACTIVE/PASSIVE: Active Active Active Active Active
REMOTE CONTROL:

Dimensions: 42.7 x 28.8 x 18.2 cm; 4.24 Kilograms
Model: 6923520265152_SML
Manufacture: Edifier

I would recommend these speakers to anyone who doesn’t want to spend lots of money on speakers as these are very good quality speakers for the price.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Purchased to widen stereo spread & the stereo frequency response as C2000 only has 1 speake

bought this for my turntable (audio technica lp60x) and it’s amazing! the vocals are clear, the sound quality and bass is really good!
    with movies/videos the volume has to be turned up higher than with music but its still so much better than laptop/tv speakers! with games its really immersive too!

These speakers are excellent, great clarity all through the range, they can get very loud without distortion.

For a small speaker it sounds great. What inlike the most is you can plug it into 2 devices eg pc and dj controller. Very happy 🙂

6. Aaron Smith says:

Use these for pc and gaming great sound can’t fault then for the price

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersVery happy with this purchase. Bought these speakers for my recently acquired record player and I am over the moon with how good they are.

The frequency response is spectacular and the audio produced from them sounds authentic. As an audiophile and sound Technican by trade, I cannot believe how good these speakers are for 70!

Different genres are sound perfect. I’ve tried Rock, House, and acoustic guitar.

Thanks to the dual input I have been able to plug my TV into them as well, so I can seemlessly switch between record player and my chromecast and PS4. (re positioned speakers away from record player due to vibration interference)

I would highly recommend these speakers to anyone looking for home listening and use. I’ve read some reviews which say these speakers are on par with their studio monitors, but I wouldn’t use these for audio production purposes.

Better than expected

8. DarlaMitchell says:

Build quality is great and the sound is impressive for the price.

I have used these for my record player, they were easy to set up. Smart in appearance, easy to use and decent bass + general sound quality. Definitely worth the money

10. ChaunceyWoolcoc says:

Sound quality good for the price. A step up from the cheap plastic ones.