Hoover 500 3in1 Cordless Vacuum: light, agile, brushless motor, compact, powered turbo brush, H-FREE 500 PETS HF522UPT

H-Free 500 H-Free 500 Pets H-Free 500 Energy H-Free 500 Pets Energy
Max Runtime 40 Mins 40 Mins 80 Mins (Total using both batteries) 80 Mins (Total using both batteries)
Standard Runtime 25 Mins 25 Mins 50 Mins (Total using both batteries) 50 Mins (Total using both batteries)
Turbo Runtime 8 Mins 8 Mins 16 Mins (Total using both batteries) 16 Mins (Total using both batteries)
Charging Time 6 Hours 6 Hours 6 Hours 6 Hours
Bin Capacity 0.45L 0.45L 0.45L 0.45L
Tools 1 x Integrated Crevice Tool/2in1 Dusting Brush, 1 x Upholstery Tool 1 x Integrated Crevice Tool/2in1 Dusting Brush, 1 x Upholstery Tool, 1 x Motorised Mini Turbo Brush 1 x Integrated Crevice Tool/2in1 Dusting Brush, 1 x Upholstery Tool 1 x Integrated Crevice Tool/2in1 Dusting Brush, 1 x Upholstery Tool, 1 x Motorised Mini Turbo Brush
Carpet Mode
Removable Battery 1 1 2 2
Pets Turbo Brush
Weight 2.2kg 2.2kg 2.2kg 2.2kg

Dimensions: 25.2 x 19.5 x 107.9 cm; 2.2 Kilograms
Brand: Hoover
Model: 39400914
Colour: Blue, Black
Colour: Blue, Black

Excellent all round vacuum. Light, handy, long battery life, and very good cleaning. Easy to empty. The removable battery makes charging much more convenient. Very pleased with this little machine!

2. LenardEdgar says:

Love this Hoover. We switched from a Henry hoover with pet head and have not been disappointed. We have 2 cats and this Hoover has tackled the job perfectly. It’s light powerful and I love the built in torch. Manoeuvres well and goes pretty flat.

This is a sleek and lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner, much lighter than my old Gtech, great for small spaces, versatile thanks to all the components/tools and takes up very little storage space. Great buy!

4. AntonyDundas says:

This is a lovely hoover. Light to use, manoeuvres easily and attachments swap in and out easily. So much easier to get this out than main cylinder hoover, so house gets cleaned in stages more frequently.

I read reviews in Good Housekeeping and it was second in their review.
    A 179 it was a lot cheaper than other vacuums.
    Nice weight and great performance .
    I prefer to use this rather than my plug in Dyson.
    As with other cordless vacs, the dust cylinder is small and a bit more awkward to empty and there’s no place to carry the tools on the vac.
    However, these are small sacrifices for a great little vac.

6. IndiraHodgson says:

Very lightweight! Picks up dog hair really well! Love the fact it can stand independently as other cordless ones I’ve had in the past need lying down or propping up when you momentarily stop your hoovering and move to another room. It’s the lightest one I have had. The battery life is good. Easy to detangle the roller brush from hair etc.

7. KatieTripp says:

So far so good does everything a Hover should, nice and light weight good suction and easy controls, attachments that come with it are brilliant eats dog hair no problem.
    Does need a second battery if you have a large home and hovering more than 3 rooms on one charge, it does take 2 or 3 hrs to re charge.
    Also great for the car or caravan.
    Saves pounds, better than getting robbed for overpriced Dyson’s.

8. Brent4752od says:

The Hoover HF522UPT H Free 500 PETS has been brilliant does what it says on the instructions or package
    It’s lightweight so can go up and down the stairs quite easy

Really like this. It’s lightweight, really easy to use & has a super handy light on it (which highlights things before you Hoover then up). Only issue I have with it is hair. I have long hair as do my 2 girls & it just wraps around the bottom of the Hoover – not sure how it would be if we had pets too.

When I was looking for a new hoover, I looked at all the reviews for this one, it’s the best thing I ever bought.
    I’ve had the hoover a week, used it numerous times and not needed to charge it alot, the suction is so great I’ve not used the turbo button, the brush picks up all the little pieces on my floor and the light on the end shows things that I’ve missed.
    I used the little brush end for hair and it picked alot up when I came to clean it.
    The only problem I’ve had so far is the stairs, I’ve had to go over it twice as it missed bits, apart from that I think its great, better than my last two hoovers.

Doesn’t catch all the hair the way my get did easier to clea

Got this cleaner because my other was awkward to carry up and down stairs – this is light and easy to carry about, plus many tools for particular jobs. Gets flustered by lots of pet hair, but brushes easy to clear and you can see clearly when it needs emptying, which there is a tool for.

13. Audrey says:

Good hoove

What’s not to love? We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and have a dog who seems to shed year round and I can hoover the whole place including the stairs without the battery running out. I’ve even managed to vacuum two days running on one charge.
    Obviously, if you use it in ‘turbo’ mode the battery runs out more quickly but I can still get most of the house done.
    The big toothbrush thingy is absolutely genius. I hope whoever thought of it applied for the patent!
    The fact that you can take every part of the canister to bits in order to clean it is amazing.
    Like I said, what’s not to love!

Chose this for its light weight. Very good but think the tiny wheels could be a bit bigger as it makes pushing machine over some carpet, hard. I like the way it can stand upright by itself where you leave it.

Have used now for a few weeks ,it’s light weight and easy to maneuver round all room’s, ideal for anyone disabled like myself,it’s compact, easy to empty, but this must be done on a regular bases, taking the router wheel off is doddle, no more screws or tool’s.
    Great buy. .

It’s a great compact Hoover with good suction and high agility. The problem is because of that I can happily run around the house just vacuuming things I wouldn’t or couldn’t with my old Vax. Then the battery dies after less than 8 mins. I’ve now bought two spare batteries and and extra charger (takes over 4 hours to charge a battery wtaf?) for an extra cost of 60. What were the engineers thinking. A larger battery with a fast charger would make this a great product. I feel like I’ll spend my days obsessing with Hoover batteries from now on. Sigh.

Brought this item as our dog is always dropping hair, it’s been a good Hoover but sometimes it does block when there is a lot of hair but it is very easy to get to all parts and clear the hover. I have to say I can hover downstairs and just get some of upstairs done before the battery dies. But the Hoover is very light and versatile and easy to use a good buy.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

This vacuum cleaner is so light yet has strong suction power. Deals with pet hair and stairs very well.

20. EddieClowes says:

Very good hoover. Does the job with no messing,unlike Dyson which are useless in my opinion.

We looked at a newspaper review article on these products and this came second to an alternative that was 600. We decide it was worth the risk and if it wasn’t as good, we could but three Hoovers if necessary, which had to be a better deal. In use it is fantastic, very powerful. Truly embarrassed to see how much it pulled out of our carpets on the first attempt and very light to hold.

Fantastic. light weight why did I not invest in one b4 now suffer with arthritis and spinal stenosis never bn able to hoover in last 2yrs with this I can with ease .

I have had no real problems with this hoover, collects all dust, dirt, and hair without issue and is easy to dismantle and clean after uses.

One downfall, is battery retention. Best to keep on charge at all times, as the battery life isn’t great – otherwise it’s a thumbs up from me.

24. PrincesVEC says:

I like the powerful suction and the weight of the cleaner but found it a bit of a faf to clan out the dust container.

25. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission says:

With thoughtful design this vacuum cleaner is effective and convenient. It outperforms my previous Dyson cordless stick vacuum in many regards. I like the button switch so I don’t have to keep my finger on a trigger. It is also miles easier than the Dyson to remove and replace attachments. So far I can’t fault it, though it is early days.

26. JulissaCatchpol says:

Very light and easy to handle. Suction power very adequate and with boost to provide extra oomph.

27. LoydYhcwxgmila says:

Great vacuum, excellent suction power and ideal for stairs. So many attachments you will be spoiled for choice. Great for getting into crevices and cleaning up cat hair from cushions and chairs.

Excellent product. Got for a 3 bedroom house, the battery lasts for the whole house. Unless you put on turbo then it only lasts about 30 mins. Suction is great.

29. TravisGillison says:

Really easy to use. Goes very flat to get under the sofa and bed. I misread the reviews and thought it had 2 batteries but that is my fault. Good suction. Quiet. Only negative I’ve found is it lacks a narrow attachment so I can’t clean the car where the seats slide forward

30. Caroline Kay says:

Lightweight and easy to keep clean. Really pleased with it.

I liked the movement of the vacuum cleaner. And it’s very light and you can pack it away in the cupboard very easily

32. Sue Loughlin says:

Absolutely perfect for me as very light… Battery life is shocking thou. I brought mine in Oct 2020 and I need to buy a new battery as my battery doesn’t hold the charger now.

But the hoover itself is great.

33. R. Dallon Adams says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I really like this hoover. It’s a great price and very lightweight. The suction is really good on turbo, but just ok on normal mode. I much prefer this to the new model Shark I have.

Really like this Hoover. Compared to others I have bought it has great suction and is easy to empty. As long as you are ok with having to recharge after every 40 minutes then this is perfect for apartments, car cleaning etc

This Hoover is really good the battery lasts well which is a bonus. It does my hard floors well with it having a light I can see exactly where I have done . Removal of dog hair on my sofa is great also .

36. Kaiser GH Update says:

Great value for money, it’s lightweight, good suction power and great on stairs

37. OlivaBivens says:

I have a Dyson but wanted something different and not as costly. I have been really impressed. Also because the battery detaches it makes it means the cleaner can be used a longer time. Good range of tools with bag to keep it all together.

Great hoover, I should have made the move to this a long time ago. Much better than my old massive cluncky thing

Hoover is very powerful and great for removing dirt around the house it’s good at taking up pet hair only downside is battery life isn’t very long and it takes hours to charge.

Easy to use and versatile. We have 2 indoor cats so easy to run over the hall, landing and stairs every day. Good for the car as well. On boost good suction and the run time isn’t too bad, can do a quick run around whole house. Charge takes a while but that is clearly indicated so no issue.

41. ArletteVKEQ says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Great wee Hoover by Hoover . Lightweight & easy to use. Instant detatch of the brush head for corners & high spots. So much better than anything else we’ve had before. Also 3 times cheaper than the Dyson Pet cordless.

42. RhodaKeyes says:

Like the lightweight feel of this and great for stairs or getting out to quickly clean up a mess.

Don’t quite rate it to be a complete replacement for an upright as doesn’t quite have the suction power. Still highly recommend for the price.

43. MilagroSXZ says:

Love everything about it!
    Light, great suction, neat, compact, attractive!

44. MckinleLorenzin says:

Urgently needed a new Vacuum Cleaner. This does the job. A great buy !

45. Cory Weinberg says:

Really impressed with this hoover. Well made, easy to clean and great on carpet with pet hair. Would highly recommend.

Bought this for our downstairs which is all hard floor. It has good suction, is very light and the fact that it stands up on it’s own is a massive plus. I have barely used on carpet but I would say this much more suited to hard floors. Very good value for money, especially compared to the more expensive brands.

47. Adam Etheridge says:

Absolutely love this. Bought as a second vacuum cleaner but haven’t touched my other one since. Am sending the link to family for them to purchase. Can’t fault i

48. BrittnyLemus says:

Nice and easy to use especially on a tiled floo

Easy to handle great for the stair clears up pet hair with no probs