Meaco 20L Low Energy Dehumidifier and Air Purifier 2 in 1- Dehumidifier For Medium to Large Size Homes – Controls Humidity & Cleans Air All Year Round with HEPA filter [Energy Class A]

Approximate electricity cost 2.53p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh 3.88p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh 4p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh
Air Flow 100m³/hour 160m³/hour 150/170/215/280m³/hour
Humidistat Yes, from 30 to 80% in 5%rh steps Yes, from 30 to 80% in 5%rh steps Yes, from 30 to 80% in 5%rh steps
Auto Restart
Noise Level Maximum 44dB(A) Maximum 46dB(A) 42/43/45/50dBA – depending on running mode
Electronic controls
Fan Speeds One Two Four
Filter Yes, Option of HEPA filter (one free in box to try) Yes, Option of HEPA filter (one free in box to try) Yes
Meaco Control Logic
Laundry Mode Yes Yes Yes, with 280m³/h air flow for super fast drying whilst using less energy

Dimensions: 38.5 x 59.5 x 29 cm; 12.6 Kilograms
Brand: Meaco
Model: 20L LE
Colour: White
Colour: White

Living in a bungalow, when the weather gets colder condensation forms on the windows overnight. The Meaco is very effective at taking the excess moisture out of the air. The condensation problems have disappeared.

I run it for a few hours each day to keep on top of the excess moisture (longer on the days when I’m drying laundry indoors).

It’s as noisy as a hub extractor in the kitchen but, as I leave it in the hallway, not a problem.

2. Sherry Lipp says:

Easy to use, only been on for 2 days but first night extracted around 3 ltrs of moisture, we have it in our conservatory next to the bedroom, slight humming noise could be heard, and that is with the bedroom window open, so did not affect sleep at all, simple to empty just pull out the bucket and empty in to sink, we have a large conservatory and the walls are brick, it’s a single skinned wall with no ventilation, sliding glass doors and 2 large windows to the side, all get full of condensation and the walls get black mould, hopefully not any more, first morning no condensation and none since using if this carries on…. Great product.

3. Kristin4889 says:

4. MatthewZNEO says:

5. JasonSherer says:

I am really glad that I purchased this item, it has helped me out no end. I noticed the difference within hours. The only downside I have found is that it costs more per hour than the other write ups advise but on the other hand gets my washing dry without the use of a tumble drye

This products works really well. Well switched on it gives an immediate reading of the humidity in the atmosphere. You can set it to a certain level (50 is recommended in the instructions). There are 2 speed settings for the fan and a timer if you want the device to run for a certain amount of time before switching itself off. It certainly extracts an impressive amount of water from the atmosphere and there is an indicator that shows when the water container is full. It is also useful for speeding up drying of clothes and the instructions show optimum settings for this scenario. I haven’t yet had an electric bill since in began using the device so cannot tell how much additional energy it is using, but the claims are that it uses minimal amounts of electricity to operate. I usually have the fan on the low setting as, I would imagine, this uses less energy. The fan is recommended to be on high setting for clothes drying.

7. FlorianHollinwo says:

We bought a Meaco 20L Dehumidifier on a Which Best Buy recommendation and having trialled an alternative. I couldn’t be more pleased with the product. It was originally bought to prevent damp and mould in an old property and completely sorted the issue. Having moved house, we’ve gone on to use it as a low energy alternative to a tumble dryer and it’s been brilliant. A very well designed and made product from great British company. It may be made in China (like your iPhone and most of the quality electrical items you own) but Meaco is a top end brand and thoroughly recommended.

10. MaryellBaier says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersOverall I’m delighted with this product and it has done exactly what I needed it to do. I live in a listed building where I have a curved metal window. It’s impossible to secondary glaze and I’m not allowed to remove it. The frame had always been a condensation trap which during the winter runs with water causing black mould to the plaster surrounding it. This product has solved the problem in its entirety and i have zero condensation now. It’s a neat unit, easy to move and operate. One small issue is that sometimes it vibrates and the noise can be irritating but i find popping a wedge under one corner solves the problem. Overall i would not be without it.

Easy to move around. Handles a 2 bed bungalow cottage no problem. Not loud. I like the air filter only function. Good for pollen in the summer.

14. RainaDesir says:

I was sceptical about just how much humidity this could pull out of the air, I shouldn’t have been. We noticed mold in the corner of our bedroom and wall paper peeling in November 2021. Bought the Meaco 20L and have run it every few days, left for a day it fills the tank which is crazy. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

Only had the Meaco 20L dehumidifier 2 weeks and it is proving invaluable.
    It does everything it says on the tin!
    Very pleased. I would thoroughly recommend this product.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.
    our council bungalow suffers from damp and we have the thing on 24/7 and it purifys the air and removes a lot of moisture from the air which means we empty it every 2 to 3 days.
    The sound is bearly audible and the cat is perfectly fine with it even from day one never seeing anything like it the device didnt even make much noise at all sept for the little sound alarm in it that rings to let you know when its full and needs emptying.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

18. WhitneyKoerstz says:

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

21. GregoryNNVJ says:

22. ChristeEsparza says:

23. Rich Brown says:

Have tried other dehumidifiers (cheaper) but have all started to leak after 2-3 months, this one so far, so good. Like the fact has about double the capacity of previous units, means have to empty every other day as opposed to once a day but is a bit weighty when removing and pouring could do with a better design.
    Tip: Turn machine OFF before removing/emptying water container otherwise tends to drip if left on. Once emptied and container replaced, turn back on. Overall, this machine feels more substantial than previous and so far performs well hence ‘Best I’ve Tried’.

25. BlaineTipton says:

26. Celia18Iwnon says:

We had alot of condensation in our conservatory, literally pouring down the glass.
    A bit apprehensive buying this, as wasn’t sure if it was up to the job. We’ll I’m glad I did, such an amazing dehumidifier, cleared the windows in no time.
    Brilliant product!!!

27. RobertaMajors says:

we have high moisture levels on our thermometer and we have both been suffering with coughs and sneezes for awhile and could not seem to shift permanently. I then researched and bought this model because it has the air purifer in it as i do suffer with allergies . I can not tell how much energy it is using. I ran it for 2 days 24/7 in the bedroom and in the evening had to place it in the hallway.
    The noise level does not bother me in the least but my husbands hearing is very sensitive and as sharp as a pin and I knew it would bother him although we have not tried it. It has collected alot of water so far and we are both very pleased with this purchase.

28. HansTulloch says:

I was skeptical about any dehumidifier after using some smaller cheap ones. Went all in. No regrets. This machine has changed our house! It’s removed and keeps removing so much monsters. House smells better and feels so dry and ‘cosy’. The warmth from the heating stays so much longer. No condensation on the windows or the cold spots anymore! I would even contemplate getting a second to keep one upstairs and one downstairs. I genially was shocked how much water it pulled out the house, especially at the start of using it.

30. Alejand3527 says:

This de-humidifier does a great job by removing 12+litres of water out of the house everyday and hardly uses any electricity.

This dehumidifier arrived very quickly with no fuss. I just had to take it out of the box and plug it in, it was as easy as that! The instructions are clear and simple. It looks good, and is easy to move with its sturdy handle. It is very quiet. After an hour in front of my washing on my airer, I emptied a litre of water from the no-fuss container. I am thrilled with it. It is very good value at under 200 for the large model.

I bought this product from Amazon only a few weeks ago. It arrived fast and put it to use straight away. We use it normally for drying laundry especially in the winter months. It is early in its career to be able to review reliably the energy usage but regarding its operation as a dehumidifier so far it seems to be extremely efficient with great water capacity and a variety of settings to suit sufficiently many situations. It is also easy to move around the home.

We are very pleased and would highly recommend It.

33. TrentLucier says:

We are very pleased and would highly recommend It.

Two months in and this dehumidifier has made such a difference! We use it in the bathroom after a shower, as well as in the main part of the house, because it’s so much more efficient than leaving the extractor unit on; nowhere near water of course!
    We live in a very old property which had been empty for a year. A few days of this in place and the house feels so much better. The air purifying mode is also very effective.

This is a must have for every household. It is doing a great job. I didn’t regret my purchase at all. I will buy more.

36. HeleneMcCary says:

A friend was telling me how good these are, and I saw this on sale.
    Works well at drying washing faster, with an easy to use water tray.

A friend was telling me how good these are, and I saw this on sale.
    Works well at drying washing faster, with an easy to use water tray.

4l over 6 hours is pretty darn good. It likes watts. Not using energy rated as suggested in said RH/TEMP on box. Uses 280watts in its peak. Well that’s what the tester says. Goes from 230-280 in its highest working conditions 25c 60rh. 4l over 6hrs. Heats the whole house. Even though we got it just to get damp out of 1 room. 6hrs 4l later the room is bone dry room RH down from 67% to 41 went back up to 48 28hrs later. We also use it 1hr during the day & 1hr during the evening to heat up the house. Only gas needed for hot water now. With gas going up 33% this is a product that will increase the electricity bill but cut gas by 80%. So, it pays for the watts it uses, you have to look at it like that. Cause over 48hrs we’ve used 17kwh as opposed to our normal 5-8 kwh. But we’ve used 30mins of gas for hot water instead of 6hrs a day in gas so 11.5hrs in gas not used. About 7-8. Electricity will cost 58cents after vat and all that. So, about 4e worth of extra watts and 7-8 in gas saved. So, total savings 3-4. Love the free HEPA filter. Thank you.

40. DeonHookbw says:

41. CathariLawes says:

Does what it says on the box. Happy with product.

Does what it says on the box. Happy with product.

Received my item in good condition, delivery was great as well.

It was easy to setup, ease to use and it comes with a free HEPA filter.

Ran the dehumidifier function for 4-6 hours and compared to room humidity to my humidity thermometer and it’s identical. Able to see moisture being absorb in the water tank.

Purifier works as intended, noticed that I don’t sneeze or cough that much anymore due to allergies. Fan noise was okay for me when running the purifier mode, I was able to sleep with it on but the when running the dehumidifier mode, the fan noise is loud and since my model doesn’t comes with fan speed options, probably just gonna use the dehumidifier mode on daytime.

Product isn’t too big and perfect for a single room use (rental room) and easy to travel with if you’re moving from place to place.

Looking forward to updating my initial review after 6 months of usage.

Meaco 12L Low Energy Dehumidifier and Air Purifier 2 in 1

44. FreddyODoherty says:

Decided to try this instead of a tumble-drier in small utility room. I hang as much as I can from clothes hangers – so putting stuff away afterwards involves little work. Can’t hear it running with the door shut. Did worry that my clothes might start to smell musty – as damp for hours whilst drying. Not so. Everything but thick towels, trainers (yes!) and sweatshirts/jogging-pants dries within four hours. The other stuff I leave to dry overnight (after emptying the tank). Now hang my outerwear and umbrella in the room as well – to benefit from the drying. Even if it doesn’t save power (I don’t know) it’s so easy. I’m converted.

45. DanielGleadow says:

Will beat you in a drinking competition.. Jokes aside this is a great buy, more energy efficient than rivals . removes moisture at great speed. Living in a studio apartment with kitchen and bedroom all integrated when I cook or do my washing there is a great deal of moisture that causes mold growth, insomnia . Even moisture from my own breathing overnight can accumulate. This dehumidifier takes care of all that and keeps humidity at an ideal 40% for sleep. before purchase the level was at 65-75% which was too uncomfortable and caused interrupted sleep

47. MiloP45cfn says:

I bought this to go in the cupboard under the stairs so we could speed up the time it takes to dry our laundry on a clothes horse. We checked the energy ratings and according to 2022 guidelines this model costs about 3p per hour (compared to a guzzly tumbler) and you only need to leave it on overnight to dry a full load of washing. There’s a timer setting so you can whack that on and forget about the drying for the evening. Would shamelessly recommend!