Rotak 36 R UK

Electric (Mains Powered) Electric (Mains Powered) Electric (Mains Powered) Electric (Mains Powered) Electric (Mains Powered) Cordless (Battery Powered)
Recommended Lawn Size From 150 m² – 300 m² (Up to 1 tennis court) From 150 m² – 300 m² (Up to 1 tennis court) From 150 m² – 300 m² (Up to 1 tennis court) From 300 m² – 500 m² (Up to 2 tennis courts) From 300 m² – 600 m² (Up to 2 tennis courts) Up to 150 m² (Up to 1 tennis court)
Width of Cut (cm) 34 cm 36 cm 37 cm 40 cm 43 cm 32 cm
Power 1300 W 1350 W 1400 W 1700 W 1800 W 36 V 2.6 Ah Lithium-Ion battery
Number of Batteries N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 1
Battery Charge Time N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 90 mins (80% power in 45 mins)
Cutting System Rotary blade Rotary blade Rotary hardened and sharpened blade Rotary hardened and sharpened blade with LeafCollect Rotary hardened and sharpened blade with LeafCollect Rotary hardened and sharpened blade
Size of Grassbox (L) 40 L 40 L 40 L 50 L 50 L 31 L

Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: Bosch
Quantity: 1
Size: 36cm cutting width

1. LupitaOTDnzb says:

Bought this as my current cordless mower was going through batteries and at the price of replacement batteries I could by a new corded mower!
    Easy to construct but the fitment of the handle is difficult, location nuts are not long enough so had to use my own.

2. LoviePennell says:

The mower works well and is quite sturdy. I seem to have a cable guide that does not appear in the assembly instructions and is a nuisance when the mower is collapsed. Otherwise cuts well and re4tains the grass in the box.

Great item. Easy to assemble. The first cut was excellent.

Refurb without much of a manual which made assembly challenging. Compared to its predecessor which outlasted a decade it feels a tiny bit flimsy in the on/off controls but otherwise same as previous and does the business.

This is replacing my old Bosch slightly smaller but a good price, it went together with no problems the grass basket is a little squeegee but I can live with it, arrived on time and in good condition a good seller. I don`t know because it`s new but it’s very quiet.

6. Marcos Cabello says:

Absolutely fantastic mower. Does a great cut even leaves beautiful stripes and lightly rolls as well.
    Fair enough the box feels a bit flimsy but once fitted onto mower does the job very well also box large so less emptying.

Fairly easy to assemble if you read instructions.

Overall great performance on long and wet grass.

I will be recommending

7. Beatric08M says:

Really great lawnmower.
    Easy to use, we cut at the shortest setting and it’s a lovely job with it. It’s sturdy and feels like it will last.
    It can be a bit awkward to turn so I tend to lift it and turn. Otherwise really great.

8. Gia Liu says:

Looked around at mowers for a while and then decided on another Bosch, last one I had 11 years and my daughter has it now. Thought at first it was a little flimsy especially the cuttings basket but all works well. Glad i chose Bosch agai

9. Andrea Nguyen says:

Attaching the handles are a bit fiddly and attaching the wheels are not quite straightforward. I’m a 5ft7 person and I found the lawnmower a little too long to manoeuvre, I had to be careful when turning the lawnmower around when cutting the grass as not to fall off the edge of my front garden. It cuts very well and isn’t very loud when operating. The grass box is very flimsy and the black handle on the grass box comes off very easy when emptying out the grass, so you have to put one underneath so it doesn’t fall out of your hand.

10. ZaraBrubaker says:

Delighted with this lawnmower. I purchased the 34R as it was cheaper that the 32R I’d intended to buy. I was able to assemble it without assistance though did watch a video first. Seems really robust and cuts well. It doesn’t cut quite as close to the edge as I’d hoped but I’ve never had a lawnmower that could. Very pleased.

11. EmeliaBrice says:

I fell into the trap of not noticing the instructions for assembling the handles. Put the receiving bolts backwards at first.
    I understood that the mower would cut up to the edge. Previous mover left a wide strip of uncut grass. Though that was behind me with this mower. While the strip is not as wide, it still leaves a strip of uncut grass( I have a raised stone edging around the lawn. The cut is quite sharp.

I purchased this mower to do a friend’s very large lawn. It managed the lawn with ease. The mower is quiet and the grass cuttings box held far more than my previous mower. I managed to assemble it on my own. The only bit I struggled with was getting the back wheels to click on. Good mower for the money

14. Zee says:

found easy to assemble, cuts ok as required, height adjustment handle above front wheel howeverI found that it was very stiff to flex against the plastic and in the long run when it gets older may snap off, as at flex point is on 2 thin strips of plastic. when turning around handle was to long and awkward when pushing handle from side ie when close to wall you dont always want to be behind it when turning
    will this last as long as my previous rotak 34 14 yrs
    we must all wait and see

Quite easy to put together although the instructions are only drawings. Wheels can be secured by hitting them with the heel of your hand to make them secure. Very light and easy to manoeuver. Good size grassbox. Starting lever doesn’t feel very positive but seems to work okay. Overall good value at the price paid.

The mower is pretty easy to put together. The instructions aren’t so good but you have the picture on the box to refer to at the same time. The product is lightweight as advertised and when cutting gave nice stripes to the grass. The handles also give a range of options for pushing and everything makes the job as easy as it can be without a driving motor. I also think the edge function is great. My grass is only 10m x 10m. I woudn’t want a smaller mower than this. Not so great is the flimsiness of the grass box. I’m not sure how long that will last. I also wish the cord was longer (but that is the same on most products now). Altogether this mower was great value for money. No issues with delivery or damage.

17. Mary King says:

It’s very difficult cutting the moss off the roof. If the wheels were rubber and not plastic, I could stay on the roof longer before slipping off.
    Because it’s so quiet, you must remove guinea pigs before cutting, they / he didn’t hear me mowing. Alice is over it now but she doesn’t want me doing the garden any more.

It’s powerful and cuts well and indeed is lightweight. It is a swine to put together. Find the video on line because instructions are just pictures. The grass box is the worst bit to assemble but once up and running it’s neat and a good mowe

The ONLY issue is trying to register the guarantee. You get the distinct impreaaion that Bosch don’t want tou to have the guarantee. The website to register is a nightmare. They send you a validation e-mail which never arrives and not even in junk mail. Hopeless.

23. Lucas Coll says:

The Bosch Rotak 36 R Electric Lawnmower is an efficient machine. It has a powerful 1300 watt electric motor and adjustable cutting height at five different heights. At first, I was surprised to find that the body is made of plastic, but on reflection, this means that it will not rust. It cuts well and is easy to use. The grass collection box is also made of plastic. I am pleased with my purchase.

I’ve never owned a lawnmower before except I used the trimmers in the past, so nothing to compare with. From my perspective, it does the job, cuts the grass as expected, easy to manoeuvre, cords long enough and grass collector is effective but does require emptying often.

It does feel a bit flimsy in places ( grass collector) , handles but did not cause me issues. Used for three months and definitely good value for money.

26. Zarmeen Shahzad says:

Bought this to replace an earlier electric Bosch that has given ten years excellent service. Great value, plug and play. Love the cut height adjuster- just one lever to change cut height. Reliable.

28. Damion9417 says:

The manoeuvrability as a result of it being narrower and lighter is very welcome. What is less welcome is that the cable is too short by about 2m it would be much more of a nightmare if we had a big garden.
    Overall though pleased.

Very easy to use and does the job perfect even with high grass

Good cutter ! Easy to manoeuvre,but only disappointment is small capacity grass box.

31. StephanVachon says:

Not as well made as expected but then it wasn’t expensive. You get what you pay for.

No the easiest gadget to assemble but once done is easy to use

33. KourtneJth says:

It was better than my old version for emptying the grass box.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I’ve had a Rotak 32 for 6 years, using it to cut my own lawn and others (I’m a gardener). For a small mower it worked really well. This one is a slight upgrade – a bit heavier, but easier to adjust the cutting height and a larger grass box. It’s still very easy to use, and at just over 100 should prove excellent value.

35. MargheritaMansf says:

Does the job!
    I have a medium sized lawn (by UK standards – which are quite small). I have had no problems so far.
    I have a broken back and this little mower is light and easily manoeuvred.
    Hopefully the typical Bosch standard of quality lasts a long time.
    Cheers.

37. Gordon Barr says:

An effective mower when you can get it assembled!! Most of it goes together in a straight forward manner, However the Handle assembly is truly weird and caused much head scratching!! Surely this could be made much simpler to prevent many failed attempts to get the handle anywhere near ready for use.

Does exactly what a bosch does best no matter how much abuse you throw at it. This is the 2nd one I’ve had and its great. The only issue is at the slightest sign of damp the entrance to the box can become clogged as well as the cutting blade bay. Wouldn’t have any other mower fro my size garden and what i expect the machine to do.

39. Janice says:

This Bosch lawnmower I’m really pleased with. It’s light enough not to be cumbersome and also leaves the lawn looking very smooth and it really does cut up to the edges without tearing them. I would definitely recommend this product.

40. PercyMcEachern says:

Good easy to assemble budget lawnmower that works very well. Great for my small lawn as its lightweight and fairly easy to manoeuver and cuts close to wall and fence leaving very little to strim. Also has 5 height settings which allowed me to gradually reduce the height of grass on my new lawn without cutting off more than 1/3 off on any cut. Only likely problem is grass box not very robust so hopefully it lasts. Also a little difficult to clean after use as grass gets stuck down side of height adjustment lever.

41. TandyIMDmcjoxxt says:

Good mower that gives a nice tidy cut and it’s good to have easily adjustable height settings. My only critism would be that the grass collection box is rather flimsy and the handle kept coming off until I modified the clips that hold it in place – they just don’t grip very well. Design improvement required there.
    Got it on a Lightning deal for 73 – I’m happy with that!

Grass box very flimsy – handle falls off – Bosch replacement parts not helpful – lawnmower itself very good

43. MickeySilvestri says:

shape of handles are user friendly & ideal for hanging wound up cable on although cable is shorter than my older Bosh model which means I now have to use an extension Lead, this model has a higher adjustment than the older model if required for a taller user, I would have rated it 5 star if the cable was the same length as the older model