Samsung AKG Y500 Wireless Headphones – Black, One Size

AKG headphones, akg y500, y500 headphones, best headphones, wireless headphones, akg wireless, AKG headphones, akg y500, y500 headphones, best headphones, wireless headphones, akg wireless, AKG headphones, akg y500, y500 headphones, best headphones, wireless headphones, akg wireless, AKG headphones, akg y500, y500 headphones, best headphones, wireless headphones, akg wireless,

Long battery life with fast charging

Enjoy up to 33 hours of the music that soundtracks your day. With a quick 5-minute recharge, you can keep the music going for an additional hour.*

Ambient aware technology

Ambient aware technology means that you can control how much surrounding noise you want to let in รข€“ just with the touch of a button. So if you want to hear a brief announcement, no need to take your headphones off.

AKG signature sound

AKG has devoted decades to delivering a sound experience that ignites creative expression. AKG headsets give you smooth, multidimensional tones and exceptional detail that allows you to feel each layer of sound.

*Battery life is based on usage of music or calls with Bluetooth.

Weight: 223 g
Size: One size
Dimensions: 2.25 x 2 x 3.88 cm; 223 Grams
Model: AKGY500BTBLK
Colour: Black
Batteries Included: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
Colour: Black
Dimensions: 2.25 x 2 x 3.88 cm; 223 Grams
Size: One size

1. ShalandWaley says:

Superb sound quality for the price point. Really comfortable, compact, and with comparatively large drivers (40mm) for their overall size.

Noise cancelling is passive, not active. Still acceptable for my everyday use in the office or while walking.

‘Ambient Aware’ feature lets you hear directional external sound with both cans on your ears — a nice feature.

Build quality is reflected in the price. Quite robust, but the rattling on/off slider can be slightly off-putting. Not a major fault and far, far outweighed by the overall sound quality and comfort.

5/5 stars for overall value for money!

2. ConcepcionStans says:

Great sound, comfy and does the job. Battery life great and the price was fantastic.

I got these for a bargain 40 as an open boxed deal. They looked brand new / never used so very pleased.
    For the money, the sound is great. They are my work cans, and I use them at my desk to stream hi res files from my iPhone 13 wired via a Fiio usb DAC.
    I then switch them to Bluetooth when out for a walk. Wired is definitely better, but both are very good.
    Build quality is decent, and they don’t look too big on my head.
    The come supplied with a handy soft pouch for travelling.
    All in all a great set of cans. They just might be my bargain of the year!

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

These are brilliant I use in the gym. They block all the noise out battery lasts forever they connect automatically where ya music left off after been turned off and back, pause button is easy to use. Absolutely recommend

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Great value with very good battery life and light weigh

6. Edwardmn says:

These seem a great pair of headphones. Quality construction and good sound quality for the price. The only misleading thing is the noise cancelling which doesn’t. Not to say that it won’t keep noise out but they’re not automatic noise cancelling headphones

7. Ed Perratore says:

First of all the noise cancelling is passive with a button that mutes the audio to allow you to hear conversation. Not what I was expecting

However the reduction of external noise is adequate.

Fit is good and the on ear comfort is fine.

Audio quality is good.

I had an issue with regular drop out of the signal over Bluetooth while listening to my TV which appeared to be the headphones pinging my cellphone. I cured this by switching the phone Bluetooth off.

They automatically pause audio if you take them off and then restarts (if the audio source allows it)

Quite a nice feature but unfortunately it is very sensitive and can drop audio if you are just adjusting the fit and doesn’t always restart.

Apart from these minor niggles I am very pleased with them. They are well made, look smart and have a great battery life

8. DebbieNvhipvx says:

These are a high quality on ear headphones set. I knew these would be good from several reviews by What Hifi of other AKG headphones, these are a slight update with some extra features. Great feel to these headphones, solid and well built. They have lovely buttons, easy to use and feel built to last. Come with charging cable which can be used as a listening cable plugged into a computer. Also come with pouch for the headphones for storage. A really great price for some very high quality audiophile headphones. Got two for my kids, a bit more than what was needed, but these will last and has already helped with the long drive entertainme

Brilliant, arrived earlier then expected. Seem to be quality material and look and more importantly sound brilliant. Price doubled next day so a great buy.

Very good value for money on special offer, good quality, comfortable. Need more bass.

11. freeminz says:

Got these in BLACK for 27 what a bargain, when the coloured versions are still around 90 , so that’s over 100 off , a total no brainer H. A. P. P. Y.
    TITLE ABOVE = Hold the PAUSE & HALF MUTE SOUND buttons on each cup for 5 seconds to cancel the auto turn off , that seems to be a problem for people that complain because of laziness or can’t be bothered in reading simple instruction’s when purchasing something new

These are great. You can hear the base and the high end.
    The base is not overwhelming like other headphones that muscle the top end.
    These are great neutral headphones with a crisp sound

13. WalterChadwick says:

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

By far the best wireless headphone I’ve owned, good quality and great battery life

good but not anywhere near the AKG sound I was used to with my wired K240! otherwise wireless features are good.

15. KathrynAHGE says:

Hugely pleased here with the purchase. These were to replace an existing pair of AKG headphones that didn’t have Noise Cancellation but I found them to be great value for money at the time. These are equally impressive and very comfortable as well. I would happily recommend these to anyone else considering buying Noise Cancellation on a budget.

16. AnjaHansen says:

Unboxing them was a joy like I haven’t felt this century ๐Ÿ˜€
    They’re quality kit, extremely well designed and built. Very comfortable indeed and sound great.

17. TwylaFSOWusdepx says:

Very good sound built well and folds away in the bag provided and good quick Bluetooth connection. Batterwere 60% when delivered and lasted my granddaughter for over a week.

18. ShanaLrvnwzctko says:

Great headphones with little difference using wireless or wired. sound ways. Long battery life. No noise cancellation.

Bass a little light, clarity of sound, make up for that. Battery life, and noise cancellation very good. Thank you.

This is my second pair of AKG headphones, i love the sound and comfort but like the Y50s i bought, they broke too soon. In 5 months the plastic case of the headband broke around the folding joint on both sides. Managed to fix it with some superglue and tape and they still work well.
    Also the automatic pause function can be quite frustrating, it will often pause music when im just adjusting the headphones and will spontaniously play music when I’m not wearing them.
    Given the drawbacks these are excellent for what they cost.

Great sound, good build, not very sturdy, automatic pause can be frustrating

21. RoxannaTesch says:

The headset is really good but the accompanying documentation leaves a lot to be desired. When I finally found the Equaliser I was impressed because you are taken through what is effectively a hearing test to adjust the sound to your ears.

bought these as replacement for previous broken pair…was really pleased with them, as they were not new…no marks or scratches…are really good headphones.

For the money this is spot on. Sound and build quality are excellent.
    Only minor points are that it uses micro USB instead of USB C and you cannot charge and use at the same time.

Bought these headphones, so I can listen to tablet and phone without a lead. Easy to connect via Bluetooth and work very well. Satisfied.

This item is great, upgraded from other AKG headphones and the improvements are obvious. The button to turn of the noise cancelling so you can hear your environment is so handy. They have once or twice stopped playing music for no reason but I switch them off and on and it’s fine.

26. Tony Hannides says:

Great headphones Great sound great build quality but they are heavy and slip of your head if you bend slightly.
    So I’d only use them for walking and not exercising or anything you need to move your head much .
    The build and sound I’d say are on par with beats solo 3 as my daughter has a pair .

27. Max McHone says:

Excellent sound quality. Normally use in the ear headphones but this sometimes results in an ear infection so decided to try some over the ear headphones. I have a little hearing loss in the higher frequencies so paired this up with a graphic equaliser from the Play store to boost the higher frequencies and some of the bass. Very pleased with the results. The headphones are comfortable and I like the auto pause feature when you take them off. It folds quite compactly and has it’s own little drawstring bag for storage.

Much smaller than previous headphones I have worn but surprisingly good sound and excellent Bluetooth reception. I can wear them throughout the house without any drop off of the signal. They are also comfortable.

Well manufactured , easy to set up , over 30 hours of listening time, fast charge up

Once I got over on ear, rather than over, I have found these headphones to be very comfortable, with excellent sound quality.
    Delivery quick and in good order.

31. Seven Halos says:

Need to mute TV before turning earphones on if you have soundbar attached to tv .

We have a Samsung TV with sound bar attached . We live in a flat and my husband is a little hard of hearing so we bought earphones so he could watch TV late at night without dusturbing myself ir neighbours . However it took some searching to find out why sound on TV did not turn off when connecting earphones and

just muting TV sound turned headphone sound off .

We could find nothing in instructions and were considering returning earphones when we tried one last thing . We have now discovered that to use headphones

1. You have to mute TV sound BEFORE turning headphones on .

2. When disconnecting earphones you have to go into settings and turn sound bar back on .

3. This is probably as soundbar is connected directly to TV not by bluetooth. We are waiting answer from Samsung Technical on this

Apart from this hicup he finds the earphones are excellent value and uses them to listen to music via Ipad and tablet as well as watching TV

32. CharisBbiefpicu says:

My first pair of headphones (as opposed to the inside the ear sets) very comfortable and great sound quality ….. even use them for Teams videos for work, and the fold away nice and easy …. one of my better buys

33. Web Staff says:

I didn’t realise these were on ear, and have taken some getting used to. first thing I found they rested on the lower part of my ear, therefore effectively blocking my ear! Have now found optimum placements, but wouldn’t say that I find them comfortable.
    Build quality is very good, but a bit on the heavy side. Sound quality is ok. Controls on ear are small and fiddly.
    I use headphones a lot in studio situations, but only use these for listening to music in bed.
    Personally I prefer over ear , but decided to keep these due to sound and build quality.

34. JoellenDYF says:

very comfortable to wear,holds charge for a good length of time ,sound quality is really crisp,
    Very pleased

35. Janice56Bgrn says:

Very pleased with them, they are light and compact but give excellent sound reproduction. I haven’t used noise cancelling so cannot comment on that aspect.

36. NatalieBiaggini says:

Golden Review Award: 6 From Our UsersThese headphones are comfortable to wear and give very good sound quality. I have hearing problems and these allow me to hear clearly when connected to my tablet, for example. The one problem that I have had with them, which is quite possibly not the fault of the headphones, is that when I connect them via bluetooth to a smart tv, they show up as ‘connected’ but I don’t get any sound coming through – I have checked volume levels but there may be something else I am missing. Otherwise I am very pleased with them – I have had other, less expensive, headphones but I think these are well worth the price.

Golden Review Award: 21 From Our UsersGot these to replace a set of AKG YBT50s and like a lot. A little bit smaller so easier to have with you all day. Seemlessly synced with my Samsung Note 8, call quality / microphone excellent, used with Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp and standard voice.
    Musical quality is more than acceptable over BT, I seem to remember the YBTs having a bit more oomph but hooked up to a Graham Slee Voyager headphone amp and these really shine, more so than the YBTs, truly excellent detail coming through.