UniversalHedgePole 18 UK

1. bosch hedge trimmer universalhedgepole 18;universalhedgepole 18;bosch universalhedgepole 18

Comfortable and convenient

Work from any angle – whether cutting the sides, the top or the bottom – the UniversalHedgePole 18 sits securely in any hand.

2. bosch hedge trimmer universalhedgepole 18;universalhedgepole 18;bosch universalhedgepole 18

Cutting without stalling

Even very thick branches can be cut continuously without interrupting the workflow thanks to the Anti-Blocking system

3. bosch hedge trimmer universalhedgepole 18;universalhedgepole 18;bosch universalhedgepole 18

Flexible hedge cutting

The pivoting cutting head allows working on the top, sides and bottom of the hedge without any problems.

Technical details

•Battery voltage: 18 V

•Blade length: 430 mm / Tooth spacing: 16 mm

•Stroke rate: 2200 rpm

•Height-adjustable: By 60 cm

•Max. tool length: 2.6 m

Flexible, powerful 18 V battery system

Grind, drill and trim hedge with just one battery? No problem. Stay flexible and quickly switch the lithium-ion battery from device to device. Save on the future purchases of additional 18-volt system devices, because there is no need for more batteries and chargers.

Syneon chip for maximum performance

The “Syneon” technology from Bosch affords maximum battery runtime coupled with optimal power usage by adjusting the power consumption depending on the requirements of the task.

Dimensions: 117 x 19.5 x 16 cm; 3.6 Kilograms
Model: 06008B3070
Part: 06008B3070
Colour: Green
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: Yes
Batteries Included: Lithium Ion
Manufacture: Bosch
Colour: Green
Quantity: 1

Whilst I am very impressed with the overall product I have to warn that it is a heavy I struggled to lift it using both hands and feel would prove problematic to most ladies or the elderly.
    That being said the actual cutter is very well made as you would expect from this maker & goes together easily providing useful high with variable angles for cutting hedges without having to use steps.

2. Frenalyn Wilson says:

It’s a bit unwieldy but I guess that’s the nature of the beast. It is front heavy which is to be expected when the motor is mounted by the head, so it is tiring to use. It is OK for light use. I successfully trimmed a conifer hedge and a few light bushes but it struggled with the laurel hedge, for which I had to resort to the bigger mains powered hedge trimmer I have.

The machine cut my large hedge (circa 60 feet long and about 4 feet high) with no problem, the battery lasted around 1.5 hours from fully charged, it must be noted this is not a light machine, which was fine for me, although some may find it on the heavy side.

Bought for managing small trees and hedges to one side of garden. Cuts twigs and small branches as described in the manufacturer’s promotional material. I have trimmed two oak sapplings 5m tall or so (NB operating partially off a working platform) plus a 6m length of substantial holly & elderberry hedge , and the trimmer has not jammed to date. This work was carried out on three separate sessions and there was no problem with battery life on any of them. Generally adequately powerful, but noticeably less so that a large mains saw – an issue of speed only really.

As a strong six foot male I generally found it manageable, although quite tiring to hold above head height for that extra bit of reach. I would not wish to use this from steps or a ladder, but it felt OK from a working platform. For the use I put it to it provides a viable alternative to employing a professional for annual management of the encroachment of small trees and hedges.

These trimmers work well on small to medium thickness stems (privet and hawthorn hedges, few millimetre thicknesses), and definitely give a lot of reach. The blade drive is a bit ‘tinny’ sounding but at least while sharp the cutters do a decent job and the battery seems to last well enough; they aren’t going to get through finger thick growths the way my mains powered hedge cutters do. With the motor on the far end, the weight is noticeable especially with any kind of extension. Finding a decent way to support or counterbalance the end is sometimes a bit tricky and the strap does not connect any higher than the handles. If you have grip or strength issues in the arms, these could be a challenge but I’m ok working an hour with these as a mid-50s desk-worker with moderately weedy arms if that’s any guide. A spare battery is very helpful (I have a Bosch drill with the 18V system so just interchange with those batteries).

I got this for a hedge, which sounds sensible! But i have started to use it for everything, weed clearing, grass cutting around where the mower doesn’t do so well, even some pruning and straggly branch cutting.
    I fear it wont take this level of abuse for long – but’s not complaining yet! (6months done)
    It’s not all that well balanced, and I don’t find the strap of any use, so it can be hard work – but it’s good and hard working considering the price. The angled head is the winner for me, and gives it a versatility i didn’t expect.

7. IvanUZEBps says:

Wow does this save time. A bit heavy for me 70+ woman but I can manage it. Only problem I have is stopping. Just want to cut everything down.

8. LucianaHatfield says:

Very disappointed with the official box the product arrived in , it’s condition looked like it had been kicked around the store room for several months , it had being opened and re- sellotaped up which prompted one to question whether the contents were second hand , damaged or once bought and returned to the store ,however on opening the box the long reach hedge trimmer and it’s associated parts appeared to be new and unused. The trimmer has yet to be field tested .

9. Ali Lewis says:

You don’t get the battery or battery charger included in the package which was annoying- as had to order them separately the day it arrived- however- the machine itself is brilliant. Lightweight, easy to use and cut my massive hedge a treat.
    No wires or extensions needed. Really impressed

A bit heavy for the wife she can only use it every now and the

Really very good but very heave to handle especially for a older person like me.

The battery life isn’t the 2 1/2hrs they state more like an hour but good enough in my opinion. The cutting capacity is really good as is the long reach if you’re able to hold the weight over this length. They are difficult to use on hedges that are within arms reach as the handle isn’t detachable and the switch is only accessible at arms length where an added short use switch would of been a good idea.

13. AntoniaForeman says:

Bought summer 21 and used so far 3 or 4 times over various shrubs and hedges.

Pros.
    This thing cuts like a hot knife through butter. I have had zero issues on hawthorn, fern, Laurel or Privit hedges.

The battery life is excellent and the fact that you can switch in new ones (if you have them) is great.

The fact that you can angle the cutting head by such a wide degree means you can get a good edge at most heights.

Cons
    The weight is a bit on the heavier side. I’m not a weakling and can cope, but after a while it can make your arms ache. My other half struggles with its weight when working horizontally to over a boarder. Vertically it’s a bit easier. THE SHOULDER STRAP HELPS NO END THOUGH.

All in all, very much recommend the cutter – especially if you have already got things in the One4All battery range.

I bought this to try and trim my 8′ yew hedge, which was getting out of control and being a lady of a certain age I don’t feel comfortable on steps anymore. I found it heavier and more unwieldy than expected and you definitely need to use the provided harness. It’s not as powerful as an corded trimmer but it does the job. Because of the angle it’s difficult to guage what’s being cut on top. I could only use it for a few minutes at a time but perseverance won out and while not perfect the hedge does look tidier. I found it easier to use on other smaller bushes, when it wasn’t extended. All in all it’s a useful addition to my garden tools and does away with cords but not as powerful as expected and has problems cutting through anything thicker than a cigarette.

Having initially tried a Greenworks pole hedge trimmer, the motor of which fried itself on day 1 of use, I decided to order this instead of having a replacement for the other.

This is far easier to use ergonomically speaking. It isn’t light, and anyone expecting a long pole with a moving piece of metal weight at the end to be light is a fool. However, with the strap (easily fitted) it maneouvers easily. Battery life is exceptional, have used this a lot for 3 days straight and still not needed to recharge (deliberately stress tested it because I had another battery for Bosch from another garden tool of needed).

Has had no issues cutting through some fairly substantial brambles, extremely thick bind weed, as well as the normal hedge trimming you would expect to do.

Sometimes you really do need to pay more for something which works, and this definitely follows that rule.

This was bought to replace a GTech cordless hedgetrimmer that was heavy and cumbersome to use. The Bosch is so much better although it too, isn’t that light. However using it was good, it’s telescopic and the blade can be angled. I already had a suitable battery and charger (for a Bosch cordless hedgetrimmer) but ended up buying another battery for 30 from Amazon, as I tend to use both trimmers togethe

It’s a bit off balance when using the extension so just be careful but an amazing piece of kit. Took a little bit of time to get use to but had the job done in half the time it would normally take due to it’s extendable reach. Managed to cut back the neighbours privit this year but won’t cut thick branches. It’s designed for trimming young or thin branches so don’t expect it to get through the really thick stuff. Ideal for keeping on top of those high bushes that seem to grow over night in the summer. Easy to assemble and use.

Usual build quality you’d expect from Bosch and by using the common batteries it saved paying extra for yet more batteries.
    Lightweight and does my 8′ hedge with ease. Don’t have to mess about with mixing fuel etc and manage the weight of a traditional petrol equivalent.

very easy to use, cuts through the hedge with ease, long battery life, i was able to cut my 100 feet long and 8 feet high hedge in one charge and i am a newbie.
    the tilt function is very useful and its very easy to get a nice clean look can’t believe i was paying 100s for this job for last few years

Perfect just buy i

20. DeidreTaulbee says:

I bought this because I fell off a stepladder trying to clip a high hedge. The tool enables me to do the job with both feet on the ground. It is quite heavy, but fortunately training with the traditional Taichichuan spear has assisted in manipulating it to good effect with minimum effort. The battery works well, although it is noticeably less powerful than my mains electric Bosch hedge trimmer.

Usual Bosch quality and it handled our large Beech well but it is really quite heavy, especially when fully extended. One design gripe is the placement of the on/off switch right at the bottem, would be better placed on the middle section.

Some reviews say it’s a little heavy and not as powerful as a mains trimmer.. but for not having to stand on a ladder or worry about cutting trough cables not a bad trade-off…battery life is good for me as I’ve had enough before battery runs out .. trimmed conifer hedges well just needs a little practice..

Bought this after reading round. Purchased due to it’s lightweight. Have now used it several times, has done an excellent job trimming hawthorn trees. Easy to use and adjust the angle of the trimmer. Battery lasted for the duration. An hour? Hour and a half? Can’t remember it was that good. Would recommend to others. The only thing I wasn’t pleased about was the shoulder strap/support clip failed on the first day. Have continued to work without is. Too flimsy. Shame.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

I have high hedges this this machine has been just what i needed and does a great job.

25. MindaGoodchild says:

I purchased this hedge trimmer as bosch is a trusted German make. I’ve got other bosch tools and have had no problem.
    If you’re not very strong, you will need to take lots of breaks whilst using this hedge trimmer, as I find it’s very heavy. Does the job OK, but as I’ve said before it’s heavy even with the trimmer head off?
    In the box are the manual and a separate piece of paper with the instructions to go online and register with bosch to get a 3yr warranty, which I have done, it makes sense to do so.
    Putting the hedge trimmer together was a snip no problems.

26. Irenesroth says:

Has plenty of reach when fully extended and the tiltable cutter makes it easy reach high objects. Is ideal for trimming thin tree branches (I use my Chain Pole for the thicker stuff). Can be a bit heavy when fully extended due to a “pendulum effect”

Bit worried when I received box from driver, the security seal on the side was broken, checked contents, all there, no plastic wrapping on product but I don’t know if it should be wrapped up in plastic bags or not… looked like someone had opened it to check contents…. tried out trimmer, works OK, no signs of being used before, I was worried incase this was a faulty return and they’d sent it to me.. over all I’m pleased with my purchase, but disappointed it arrived how it did…..

Broken security seal....

28. ImaScaleswqob says:

Bought this to replace a budget extendable cordless hedge trimmer that I bought from Amazon a few years back, and which gave up the ghost when I caught the blades on barbed wire.

The old machine had a longer blade, and that difference in blade length was the immediately obvious disadvantage with this Bosch, although self evidently its a shortcoming which can be mitigated by extending the pole. However, most disappointing of all is that the cutting power doesn’t seem to be as significant as that of the tool it replaced. Still, being a Bosch it feels substantial, it charges fairly rapidly and will no doubt last for years if looked after.

Edit: used it again today and I would agree with other reviewers that it’s underpowered. My previous hedge trimmer was a rather clattery affair, but it rarely failed to cut. This Bosch doesn’t so much “clatter” as “mutter gently”, and during use I constantly feel as if its struggling and on the point of jamming.

This hedgetrimmer really does the job. It arrived right on schedule and having charged the battery I started on the hedges round our garden. Three hours later the job was complete. In the past this has taken two working days to do, so I am well pleased with the item. The battery did not need to be recharged during the job and at the end topping it up took just over an hour.
    5 stars well deserved and thoroughly recommended.

30. HiltonDunlea says:

This is a brilliant product that allows me to trim my neighbours trees without asking permission or even telling them. I wait till dusk and I can get trimming allowing me to have total control over the neighbourhood.

Easy to use, but a bit on the heavy side

32. MavisWalls says:

Just finished using, did everything I wanted.
    Quite a lot of other reviews say about it being heavy & it is when you’ve been using for a bit, but having said that, be realistic! We’re talking about a hedge trimmer at the end of a six foot pole! Put anything on the end of a pole & lift it up in the air & it’ll be heavy!
    Like I say, did everything I wanted it to so in all honesty I’m quite satisfied.

I liked the ability to reach awkward and out of reach areas. But the motor needs to be much faster to do anything worthwhile.

It’s heavy and you will need some strength if you are using this to trim tall hedges. That to one side, it easily handled some quite tough hedge trimming business and we are very pleased with this purchase. We were quoted 200 to have our hedges trimmed. Managed to do the work with this hedge trimmer in just over an hour. And then we did our neighbours hedge. The battery lasted for both jobs on one charge.

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

Have only used this for one small hedge so far but not too heavy and battery seems to Be lasting well

Having struggled to keep my 10′ high tree in shape using ladders and hand held shears and such i wish i had seen and bought this from Bosch ages ago. It is a little heavy but to be expected really. Not a negative at all. Made really well. So, it only took 5 minutes to trim my tree using it and no ladders. Perfect. I cannot wait for it to grow again so i can trim it some more!

Really pleased with this wish we had bought one before. So convenient to get out and use, fairly heavy but much quieter than our electric trimmer. Keep the batteries in doors charged up so always ready for use. Doesn’t cut thicker branches but it is a trimmer not a chain Saw! Used mainly to control conifers and shrubs.

Not really used it properly as it needed to be charged only arrived a couple days ago so just tried it on the tops of hedge very impressed, lightweight which is exactly as I wanted it to be. Would definitely recommend and buy this product again.

39. DJ Pizzo says:

I have a corded normal hedge trimmer and doing the hedges which are over 2m high and 1m deep in some place has been back braking and sometimes dangerous work that took up to 3hrs. Charged this new battery extended trimmer up in 30 minutes and spent two hours from front to back pulling the hedges right back after crazy growth recently. It cuts through thick branches but does need a few moments to get through. It’s heavy enough on your arms after a while but the strap really helps. Recommend spending few minutes working out how to leverage the strap for each new cutting angle you will use. Also found it really handy to change the head angle plenty as I was able to cut all of the top and back side of hedges really well by changing it. I knew one of these would make life much easier and save all the bee stings I usually get whilst at the top of my ladder trying to reach tricky spots. No cable means you can walk around and check your work often without having to move cables that get tangled in the hedge. Extremely happy with what I read before buying to actual result using it. Highly recommend for those with tall or wide hedges that grow fast. It’s hard work so do expect to need good upper body strength to use.

Worth every penny!

Bought this long reach hedge cutter telly cheap from Amazon and didn’t know what to expect. I needn’t have worried though, I tv was as good as new and a whole lot cheaper than new. Thanks Amazon!

41. Jeffrey Escobar says:

Does a great cutting job but wand is a little long for a 5′ 5″ woman. So i have a bit of a scabble getting to the trigger. Its also a lite heavy and also heavy on use of the battery but I still like i

Bit heavy but apart from that very good, bought a 3ah battery to go with it which was pricey 40,wish l ordered battery with it, never mind very happy

This is a lot safer than climbing up steps or ladders to cut back hedges and bushes. I’m not going to say easier because after 20 minutes of using this at full extension, even with the shoulder strap, my arms felt like they were on fire. Standard power to cut wood about 3cm thick if you’re persistent and an excellent range. The cutting head pivots both ways which is useful. Arrived with a good charge in the battery and assembled in minutes.

44. Write for VBR says:

The battery life was better than expected, I already have two of the batteries with my drill and only used one to cut a lot of hedges.

This is ideal for long reach, light trimming. It won’t cut thick branches.

You need some strength to hold it up high as it’s pretty top heavy.

All in all I’m happy with the purchase.

Struggles with the thicker branches, and the battery life isn’t brilliant, however, with the second battery, it can finish the job nicely.

46.  United Kingdom

I was a little nervous about buying this as I wondered if the fact that it is battery powered would effect it’s cutting power. I must say that an electric or petrol driven power tool would be more effective but that said this model does do a decent job. I have now used it around 3 or 4 times on my Holly Hedges which are quite difficult to cut. The tool does quite a good job and the battery lasts for ages before it needs topping up. The weight is a bit of an issue with all of these power tools however, I believe that this model and make is probably the lightest available.

47. Michelle Stark says:

Not too heavy considering battery, cutters etc and shoulder strap is useful. Very easy to use and no problem cutting through the branches we have. Battery life is ok and at least it can be used with other Bosch power tools.

I loathe standing on steps or ladders to clip annual growth. This clipper has enabled me to do all of the trimming in my garden (up to 3 meters up) with ease. Although light, it can begin to feel a little heavy after a few minutes but a brief rest and I’m back cutting again: so much easier and safer than getting out steps and wobbling about on them.