TomTom Car Sat Nav GO Essential, 5 Inch, with Traffic Congestion and Speed Cam Alert Trial Thanks to TomTom Traffic, EU Maps, Updates via WiFi, Handsfree Calling, Click-And-Drive Mount

Drive Smarter and SaferUK Go Essential Banner 2EASY GOING: ROUTES AROUND TRAFFIC

Real-time updates from millions of drivers gives you accurate traffic information and enable smart routes around hold-ups straight on your navigation device.

” data-position=”triggerHorizontal” />CONVENIENT: 6 MONTHS SPEED CAMERA ALERTS

Advance warnings will let you know whenever you’re approaching a speed camera.

” data-position=”triggerHorizontal” />UK Go Essential Banner 3

Dimensions: 14 x 1.88 x 9 cm; 201 Grams
Model: 4PN50
Batteries Included: 1 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)
Manufacture: TomTom
Dimensions: 14 x 1.88 x 9 cm; 201 Grams

1. ElvisCansler says:

Firstly, let me say that I have had many Tomtom satnavs in my driving career – around 6, I think – and this is actually the worst. It seems that Tomtom have removed several features that used to be included in mid-range units, and you have to now either pay extra to get them, they are only available on high-end units, or they don’t offer them at all. I’m talking about things such as safety cameras, lane information etc. I only purchased this because the satnav which came with my new car is so poor as to be virtually useless. This is good for routing and ease of use, but the symbols such as road speed limits are so small that anyone over 60 would struggle to read them. And that’s unsafe. I can understand why apps are taking over the satnav market.

The Best Satnav for me, speedy delivery also, many thanks

simple to get started.
    Clear indications of the route on the map day and night.
    Like how far to the nearest petrol on the sidebar.
    Not Intuitive about when you have entered the address and are ready to press go to drive.

Am so chuffed with my new Sat nav. I will never get lost again, and have regained my confidence in driving around.
    Very easy to set up and use. An oldie like me managed it no problem.

bought this after returning a garmin to the shop. This is so much better, more accurate and easy to follow, have only used it once but it was accurate, still need to figure the live traffic updates. Looking foreward to my holiday now so I can use it a lot, but my confidence in it is great and feel happy to start doing unfamiliar trips again.

6. freeminz says:

Easy to use but not as accurate as previous purchase as doesn’t appear to take you to the number of the house you entered, unless I’m doing something wrong! It gets me to the street though so that’ll do

7. sherrell says:

Good device does freeze a little but Good apart from tha

8. EzekielHayward says:

I haven’t had a great many opportunities to use it. More detailed guidelines would have been helpful, especially with the need to charge up first, the need to purchase a USB plug, and further guidance on linking to one’s phone.

9. TWS says:

We bought this at the last minute to use on a road trip in Spain, having found that my previous EU TomTom could not have its maps updated. I did not want particularly enhanced functionality but the convenience of wifi enabled updates promise a long and useful life for this gadget. Great value and performed very well out on the road.

10. KatheriHowey says:

Replaced a Go 50 I think it was, and a TomTom 2 that fitted a cradle in my Fiat. From using that I wanted a quick removal type SatNav so went for this as it has the magnetic holder! Much better than the older mounts, otherwise I would have stayed with my previous TomTom. Works out routes noticeably quicker. A much better unit for these highlights: Quicker processor, WiFi updates, Magnetic mount!

11. RondaSasaki says:

Good value for money. Easy to use, still getting to know some features. Nice voice and speaks clearly and slowly.

12. WendyZ65dhct says:

Reasonable priced tomtom. Bought to replace a very old model.

Really pleased with this great sat nav and really good hands free.

14. LucieDowling says:

Spent a lot of time reading reviews on tomtom and gaming so picked this for my son he has used a couple of times all good

15. WinstonLeary says:

Very good menu for inputting destinations and setting up. Difficult at first to enable Bluetooth. Now happy with operation. Works well with phone for telephone messages.

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersThis satnav we bought to travel to holiday in the uk.
    It was flawless every day we used it,
    clear speech, a map that for once keeps up with you so you do not miss turnings or faff a roundabout exit.

make sure you update the unit regularly over wifi, nice and easy
    the mangetic holder is a joy to use its so good.
    highly recommended uni

17. RochelleOconnor says:

Golden Review Award: 8 From Our UsersUsed this now for about 5 or 6 longish journeys, both inner city and countryside/motorway. I bought it to replace my 10 year old TomTom IQ routes. I’ve read a number of previous reviews for this and they relate to problems syncing with phone etc. From what I’ve found (I have an android phone from about 4 years ago) it syncs up via Bluetooth or with my mobile data instantly, stays connected for the whole journey. You have to turn the mydrive app on to get it to sync I think, but as soon as you open it, it syncs. Once synced it works flawlessly. Reports traffic problems and accidents etc really quickly and offers alternative routes telling you how long they’ll shave off your journey. You can use this sat nav with voice control and that works really well, recognising addresses I say aloud to it, recognises commands like raising the volume etc. Works well for making hands free calls, with both the speaker sounding clear, and the person you’re calling hears you clearly. It also reads text messages out aloud for you from sms and WhatsApp. As for being a sat nav it works well with really clear mapping and it highlights the correct lane to go in really clearly. If you take a wrong turn it reroutes you instantly. Another feature I like is it will find parking for you near your destination or along your route, it will also highlight all the parking around you and you can click on them on the screen to go to them. I appreciate a mobile phone can do all of this for you, but I feel it does it less efficiently, and you need to go through more steps to get the above features, plus the inaccuracy and lag of mobile GPS’s at times. If you need a sat nav for regular use, then I think this one is well worth the money and has some great features.

So far so good, easy to operate, only real issue is when my phone wont sync with tomtom but I believe that’s a roaming data issue due to being a rural area. Also be aware what it says the speed limits are arent always correct but this a minor problem. I would definitely buy agai

19. HanneloAckerman says:

Its ok not foolproof .Caught it trying to send me the wrong way when I knew better but wouldnt be without it. Prob a bit expensive and the 3d seems to turn itself off and on at will. Have to get around london so need somthing fairly reliable.

This satnav is great because you can pre plan routes which then can be saved into your satnav so when you get into the car and turn it on your route comes straight from the could and you can sit off quickly, however the “MyDrive” function is a bit temperamental through Bluetooth so I would suggest using it with your phones personal hotspot instead.

21. Lonnie6898 says:

Like wifi update…. they e/m you and let you know when its ready…

o problems thus far…..im quite impressed so far…..as good as the tom tom I paid 250 for(reduced from 350)so would recommend..

23. LurleneVIW says:

Great product as long as you have an internet connection. However it finds where you want to go but the internet or wi fi is needed for updates.

MY GRANDSON IS LEARNING TO DRIVE AND I BOUGHT THIS FOR HIM, HE IS DELIGHTED WITH IT – IT EVEN TELLS HIM WHAT LANE HE SHOULD BE IN !!!!!! I AM SO PLEASED NOT ALL GIFTS ARE APPRECIATED LIKE THIS ONE

This sat nav is a great device. I bought it as a present for my husband as I have one as well. We used it to drive down to Spain for our holiday but halfway through France it began to give us a white screen on power up. It would reset by switching it off and on again but over the course of the holiday it became more likely to fail and by the time we got home again it was taking four or five attempts to get it to work. TomTom support were helpful but wanted it returned for repair with a 20 day turn around. I tried Amazon Technical Support and they were incredibly helpful, very quickly offering a refund or replacement. As I liked the satnav when it worked I asked for a replacement and it was delivered the next day! Wow that is such good service. The 4 star is for the fault but Amazon gets 10 from me!

26. SofiaBEVAzkcz says:

This is my first new TomTom for well over 10 years so I find it graphically very nice, and it’s very easy to use. It also has lots of new features.
    I haven’t used it very much yet but it seemed to hold its charge well.
    My only issue with it is that it won’t blue tooth to my phone without going through the initial connecting process. I find this really annoying.

Excellent Tom Tom model. I bought it because it has hands free phone facility which works really well

28. SamiraHanslow says:

Golden Review Award: 10 From Our UsersNo built in sim card, meaning it must be linked to a phone. That is not easy. Each time it tells me it is linked (using the app), but the TomTom says it has no traffic. However, when I put the route I want in the app on the phone, the TomTom shows traffic. Strange, still trying to work out how it all works. Not obvious. Patience needed.
    This procedure needs to be done every time the TomTom is switched on in my case.

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI really like this product so advanced to my old Go 910, but i have to agree with comments that have been posted it is pity the battery has such short holding life before you have to put it back on charge, Brian , Jersey

30. Michelle Resendiz says:

I like the magnetitc clip and that I can update it via wifi without havingto connect it to the computer. Also the screen is clear and it’s good that it will connect to the phone so I can be hands free.
    The symbol for speed cameras is not as clear as it was on my old satvav though.

31. Christine M Tubbytelly says:

Brilliant bit of kit. Easy to set up and use. Love the phone app to input your destination send it to the satnav easy as that.

32. jdm2551 says:

SO FAR SO GOOD LIKE WIFI CONDUCTVITY FOR UP DATING MAP’S. BUT ONLY HAD THIS TOM TOM FOR A FEW MONTHS SO NEED MORE TIME TO FULLY PRAISE OR DISLIKE .

33. Courtney Johnston says:

Golden Review Award: 37 From Our UsersHaving been asked to answer a question I have decided to give a review I bought this for my wife she quite likes it says it is easy to use etc but there is a major design flaw she says that when the mount is on then she cannot plug in the power lead, this means she has to charge it up on an evening. Hopefully she will not be using it for long enough to empty the battery so if you need this for longer distances you might be left high and dry.

34. EvaHantonb says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersBought this a replacement for an older model so was familiar with how TomToms operate. A bit slow on start up but I guess that’s because there’s more stuff crammed in. Liked the screen, nice and bright even in sunlight with a sharp clear image. Easy to use, linked with my iPhone without issue and most importantly it gets you from A to B.
    Can’t really comment on the battery life as I only use it in the car and is always plugged in. Updating maps is a doddle using the Wi-fi.

35. Grace Earl says:

Golden Review Award: 25 From Our UsersI had a TomTom Start classic for over ten years and needed to replace once they ceased supporting that model. I was worried that the new models would take some getting used to but I’ve found it really easy. Downloading the MyDrive app to my smartphone and tablet was easy, and they work fine. Now with traffic functionality that I’ve not had before, the biggest thing I’m having to learn is to always trust it, because every time I haven’t I’ve landed myself in a traffic jam.